Kickstarter for Growler Chill (serves 3 growlers on tap) $379 + Shipping Deal Ends Soon

nadohawk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
This may/may not be a deal for you, but this device is currently at $379 (will retail for $439) and will dispense 3 standard growlers. It also purges the oxygen from the growlers. I already pledged because this is so much cheaper than buying the kegged beer (100 for the fill plus 100 for renting their kegs). 

They reached their funding level within the first 12 hours of going live IIRC. The price point at $379 expires in just over a day.

The tap handles can be changed for your favorite brewery version.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/171471058/growler-chill-keeps-3-growlers-cold-fresh-and-on-t

Last edited by a moderator:
I hardly buy growlers, I am usually a bomber or single bottle guy mainly because breweries wont fill outside growlers but this is cool for those who do 

I hardly buy growlers, I am usually a bomber or single bottle guy mainly because breweries wont fill outside growlers but this is cool for those who do
I've been to tons of breweries across the Northeast and have yet to run into a place that doesn't fill any growler you hand them.

However a lot of places are now making some pretty cool looking and different styled growlers that won't fit in this. Neat idea but the price tag is higher than I'd like to spend

Yeah breweries not filling outside growlers is this thing I've heard about but I've traveled to a ton of breweries and maybe encountered it once that I can remember. Those dudes were just assclowns anyway. Usually, they'll just slap their own sticker on my growler and fill away. My travel growlers are covered in brewery stickers and no one cares. Maybe it's a regional thing?

This may/may not be a deal for you, but this device is currently at $379 (will retail for $439) and will dispense 3 standard growlers. It also purges the oxygen from the growlers. I already pledged because this is so much cheaper than buying the kegged beer (100 for the fill plus 100 for renting their kegs).

They reached their funding level within the first 12 hours of going live IIRC. The price point at $379 expires in just over a day.

The tap handles can be changed for your favorite brewery version.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/171471058/growler-chill-keeps-3-growlers-cold-fresh-and-on-t
Growlers are not a value in beer. You compare the price point of the average growler to 12oz bottles and you're overpaying for quantity rather than saving on the larger quantity. Same for larger bottles. So I guess I'm glad someone thought of a way to make it worth it.

I wouldn't say the deposit for a log is really part of the cost, you're going to return or exchange it. Growler deposits are pretty high too, relatively. Generally kegs of good beer are cheaper by the glass than even 24 packs of crap beer, including what you'll throw away. A small refrigerator and tap setup will cost less or about the same but work for a variety of beer kegs for a very long time.

bread's done
Back