* * * * - 3 votes

X-Com 2 PS4/X1 $24 after GCU

#1 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4723 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:35 PM

Didn't see this posted. Not sure if it's a Deal of the Day but is not part of the weekly ad.

Xbox One:
http://www.bestbuy.c...p?skuId=5402100

PS4:
http://www.bestbuy.c...p?skuId=5402000

#2 MrRidickulous  

MrRidickulous

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:53 PM

I've heard nothing but bad things, performance wise.
XBL Gamertag: MrRidickulous but I sold it so I probably won't be on there anymore.
PSN ID: ijustw1n

I will always be your mom's new boyfriend.

#3 ritchardf  

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:02 PM

on console? or pc? i know the pc version had quite a few problems, but i hadnt heard that those carried over to the console versions.

#4 Mrclark2  

Mrclark2

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:11 PM

Maybe when it first launched, maybe.

I beat it on ps4 and never had an issue.

#5 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   1732 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:36 PM

I got this day 1 on console. Despite the issues, it was my 2016 GOTY. I absolutely loved this game and spent maybe 60-70 hours playing it. I even bought the DLC, which is something I typically don't do. 

The main issues -- which have since been patched -- were the insane loading times and general crashes, bugs. As I recall, I could make a sandwich, take a couple of bites, and the game would still be loading. It was awful. This has been reduced drastically, but still falls in the one to two minute end when loading a file, finishing a mission. 

Even with the patch, there are still some minor annoyances, but man, the level of strategy in this game is incredible. There is nothing like it and its shortcomings can be easily overlooked. This really is an excellent game and it's one I don't plan on trading in as I know I'll revisit it in the future. 

If you really like SRPGs, this is a must experience. If you can score the DLC when it is on sale, I'd grab it but only if you intend on doing a second playthrough. idk if I would buy it at full price DLC though. 

This game is a 9.6/10 with the only knock being load times and the minor bugs. 

EDIT: This was the type of game I would start playing at noon on a Saturday and when I stopped, I realized it was 8pm. Time really flew for me when playing this. 

(My trade list) (Follow me on Twitter

What I'm playing right now:

Nioh (PS4);

Fire Emblem SoV (3DS)

#6 United_Korea   Gunpla Addict CAGiversary!   1011 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

United_Korea

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:59 PM

Did this ever get PS4 Pro support like it was supposed to?

Final Fantasy XV is the most disappointing game ever made.

#7 starscream615   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   358 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

starscream615

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:47 PM

Did this ever get PS4 Pro support like it was supposed to?

It did and it's actually pretty awesome now.

#8 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:08 PM

Can confirm it runs flawlessly on PS4, def goty material

#9 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4723 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:23 PM

Normally I might splurge the extra $6 for digital version since I think it's in sale on both PSN and XBL but I tend to suck at these games. That said I want to give it a try (and still have the option to trade in).

#10 United_Korea   Gunpla Addict CAGiversary!   1011 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

United_Korea

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:48 PM

It did and it's actually pretty awesome now.

You sure about that? I just searched around for Pro enhancements and people are saying it wasn't.

Final Fantasy XV is the most disappointing game ever made.

#11 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3214 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:05 AM

Normally I might splurge the extra $6 for digital version since I think it's in sale on both PSN and XBL but I tend to suck at these games. That said I want to give it a try (and still have the option to trade in).

I was pretty bad at the first one until I got The hang of it. I just played it on easy for a little while until I figured out some of the core strategies that I was able to go back and all the difficulty and really enjoy the game.

Tastes like chicken.

#12 starscream615   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   358 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

starscream615

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:19 AM

You sure about that? I just searched around for Pro enhancements and people are saying it wasn't.

You didn't look hard then.  3rd Search Result on Google.

PS4 Pro patch... : XCOM2 - Reddit