* - - - - 1 votes

PS3 Splinter Cell Blacklist $0.03 at TRU YMMV?

#1 dinovelvet   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3565 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

dinovelvet

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:34 AM

Went in to get Beyond two souls for $4.98, and scanned some other clearance games just to see if there had been any more drops; came up with this random find. AFAIK it should be the same price at all TRUs

#2 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1366 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:34 AM

Holy shit. That's crazy. Zero chance my store has any copies
Let's go O's!

#3 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4052 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:40 AM

Everything at my TRU is locked behind glass and for me to get games scanned is like pulling teeth. 

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#4 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5019 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:03 AM

Holy shit. That's crazy. Zero chance my store has any copies

Actually, it's not. I posted in the other TRU clearance thread that I found Puppeteer for PS3 for 3 cents on Tuesday night. But these are probably games that have been long forgotten that should have been retagged long ago. I doubt there are lots of these 3 cents games out there. I also found Fuse for PS3 for $7.98.

#5 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4052 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:05 AM

Actually, it's not. I posted in the other TRU clearance thread that I found Puppeteer for PS3 for 3 cents on Tuesday night. But these are probably games that have been long forgotten that should have been retagged long ago. I doubt there are lots of these 3 cents games out there. I also found Fuse for PS3 for $7.98.

Great deals but honestly Fuse should be $0.03. 

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#6 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5019 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:15 AM

Great deals but honestly Fuse should be $0.03.

Yeah, I only bought it to divert the cashier's attention since I didn't think she would sell me the Puppeteer game without a higher priced item. Turns out she was answering another customer's question about Lego sets and didn't notice, so it went through with no problem. I scanned all of the other PS3 games they had and that was the only 3 cent game. The rest were "value priced" at $19.99 each. I'm buying lots of PS3 games right now since the games are extremely cheap, but 3 cents is my personal find of the year. And Fuse was still cheaper at TRU than at GameStop.

#7 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5716 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:19 AM

We need a TRU clearance thread for these things. There are a lot of $.03c games a d other good clearances.

#8 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5019 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:24 AM

We need a TRU clearance thread for these things. There are a lot of $.03c games a d other good clearances.

Someone started one a page or two back. Then this guy started one. In the GameCube/PS2/Xbox days, there was a dedicated thread (yes, I've been a CAG that long), but Toys R Us sucks now in comparison to those days. Case in point, I've still got multiple copies of factory sealed games from those days, but it seems that their inventories are much smaller than they used to be so there aren't lots of extra copies sitting around to get clearanced. So, I don't see a thread like that getting much activity.

#9 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9845 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:28 AM

Yeah the old TRU clearances were amazing. The green tag sale in 2005 was my favorite where there were so many unmarked games at 90% off from $0.50 to $5 and then some of the games like Motor Trend Lotus Challenge and Sneakers that were $2 and traded into FYE for $27

I forget the exact pricing codes but it will be YMMV if the cashier allows $0.03 games to be sold or not. I think $0.03 items are supposed to be pulled to be donated, $0.02 items returned to the manufacturer and $0.04 items can be sold. I have never found a $0.03 item, but have found some $0.02 and $0.04 items before (back when the TRU clearance threads were active) and was always allowed to buy them but a few times a manager was called over to verify it was ok.

#10 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5716 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:32 AM

I think the main issue is it's hard to track TRU items too. You pretty much go into a store and hope something is there.

#11 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5019 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:34 AM

I forget the exact pricing codes but it will be YMMV if the cashier allows $0.03 to be sold or not. I think $0.03 items are supposed to be pulled to be donated, $0.02 items returned to the manufacturer and $0.04 items can be sold. I have never found a $0.03 item, but have found some $0.02 and $0.04 items before (back when the TRU clearance threads were active) and was always allowed to buy them but a few times a manager was called over to verify it was ok.

It's often easier to get a cheap item like that if you throw it in with other higher priced items. That's why I threw in Fuse. I would have bought an action figure but I noticed their damn toy prices are higher than Target or Walmart. And that store is kind of out of the way for me but close to Best Buy so I didn't want to have to go all the way out there again for a return.

#12 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6004 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:37 AM

Wasnt there a guy works at TRU posts all the clearance games and prices in CAG? That was good times. He probably quit the job.

#13 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13222 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:02 AM

Yeah the old TRU clearances were amazing. The green tag sale in 2005 was my favorite where there were so many unmarked games at 90% off from $0.50 to $5 and then some of the games like Motor Trend Lotus Challenge and Sneakers that were $2 and traded into FYE for $27

I forget the exact pricing codes but it will be YMMV if the cashier allows $0.03 games to be sold or not. I think $0.03 items are supposed to be pulled to be donated, $0.02 items returned to the manufacturer and $0.04 items can be sold. I have never found a $0.03 item, but have found some $0.02 and $0.04 items before (back when the TRU clearance threads were active) and was always allowed to buy them but a few times a manager was called over to verify it was ok.

.02 is the one that is not supposed to be sold if on the floor.

.03 is to be sold if on the floor and a customer finds it, but they are supposed to be pulled and donated.

In the Clearance Blast thread from a couple years ago a TRU employee(prim?) posted a good explanation of all of the price codes somewhere in the thread.

Once as a kid I cried as my parents drove from ny to nj. That was a far cry.

If 4chan is the Internet's anus, Reddit is the taint.

#14 ~starlight~   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   960 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

~starlight~

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:43 AM

Wowzers -_- I thought my $6.66 copy from Target during the b1g2free promo last year was a good $.... I wish I had space on my HD, this Tom Clancy game is the most obnoxious HD hogging PS3 disc game ever... even running off the disc, it requires 15GB of space available lol. I mean I know with PS4 games u have to install data off the disc too, but this is a PS3 game, geeez. So....my copy is still sealed somewhere, hopefully there's no codes to redeem =/

I thought Fuse was okay, there's been much awfuler 4-player co-op games... about to platinum it with a friend, about halfway thru the lethal campaign or so.

Thankfully the closest TrU to me carries games, the 2 next closest ones apparently don't carry video games at all, just toys, from what I was told a few years ago. Interested in adding Puppeteer to backlog lol

#15 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5716 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:52 AM

Alright, going to start a thread and provide information on how to actually get these deals. Should be up in a few.

#16 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1440 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:59 AM

Have to comment on Fuse, i think it would have been much better had it gone with the idea it was originally revealed as.

#17 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:43 PM

My stores are usually good at removing pennied items :-/  I did get lucky and found two copies of Fifa 14 on Vita for $.03 each a year ago.