* * * * * 1 votes

Toys"R"Us TRU YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I

#631 MasaTFC   Vortex of Failure CAGiversary!   5037 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:53 PM

So for anybody that has been to a store that is closing, did you see any copies of Monster Hunter?

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Trade List Fantastico

#632 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1538 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:29 PM

I felt very odd the first time, and they had to ask me for the ID again and again if they couldn't do all my returns in on transaction. The only store still needs to ask for ID for return.

At first I worried about my account would be flagged but so far I haven't got any problem especially I had to return quite a number of stuffs from the baby registry.

BTW, I have never seen those deep discounted video games clearance in the TRU I went too, all I've seen their clearance price might be just a few dollars off.

Did you ask them to scan them? Clearance ($.98) is company wide.

#633 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1538 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:35 PM

On the ID topic, i love it especially at my store. We have a new type of merchandise credit system we use. If you have an ID AND receipt when you return, it works like a regular gift card. If you have an ID, but NO receipt, the card will only work if your ID number is entered when it's used.

My store has a large amount of return fraud and since we started this it has drastically dropped. People would do no receipt returns on stolen items and then sell the merch credits or convert them at a coinstar, the new cards get rejected at coinstars and the ID requirement has stopped people from buying them second hand.

#634 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13480 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:19 AM

On the ID topic, i love it especially at my store. We have a new type of merchandise credit system we use. If you have an ID AND receipt when you return, it works like a regular gift card. If you have an ID, but NO receipt, the card will only work if your ID number is entered when it's used.

My store has a large amount of return fraud and since we started this it has drastically dropped. People would do no receipt returns on stolen items and then sell the merch credits or convert them at a coinstar, the new cards get rejected at coinstars and the ID requirement has stopped people from buying them second hand.

I would assume they have a value limit on no receipt returns like Walmart and Target does?

Once as a kid I cried as my parents drove from ny to nj. That was a far cry.

If 4chan is the Internet's anus, Reddit is the taint.

#635 Kitsumari  

Kitsumari

Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:24 PM

Did you ask them to scan them? Clearance ($.98) is company wide.

Two things:
Is this for Sunset Overdrive? (I briefly saw mention of this earlier in the topic, but this message did not reflect it.)

If so, My TRU has a scanner near the Game section and it rings up $17.99 from the $20.00 original price tag minus the 10% off store-wide sale. Unless this is something a manager must override, or the self-service price scanner is not to be trusted.

#636 superhippy1986   Collecting Panties CAGiversary!   1196 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

superhippy1986

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:40 PM

I went to the one in Dover, DE and the outside said "30% off on everything. Nothing held back" *except games... Games are 10% off.

Check out my Youtube page

https://www.youtube....Nhyum0AvsYl6iRQ

#637 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2572 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:31 AM

Breaking my own rule...oh well topic isn't busy enough to matter about closing stuff cluttering it up...

Dover, DE!  I'm in Salisbury so I make the trek up there now and then.  Didn't even realize that store was closing, Salisbury is staying open.  I've gotten some good deals up in Dover TRU over the years...

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#638 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11021 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:31 AM

I used to live a lot closer to Dover then I do now, but I can still hit up the store when I head down to the shore.  Will be a little sad not seeing it anymore on my trips.

#639 superhippy1986   Collecting Panties CAGiversary!   1196 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

superhippy1986

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:55 AM

If I were you two I wouldn't even bother going back for at least a week.. Because 10% off isn't good enough when their games are mostly overpriced.

Check out my Youtube page

https://www.youtube....Nhyum0AvsYl6iRQ

#640 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4612 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:41 AM

Two things:
Is this for Sunset Overdrive? (I briefly saw mention of this earlier in the topic, but this message did not reflect it.)

If so, My TRU has a scanner near the Game section and it rings up $17.99 from the $20.00 original price tag minus the 10% off store-wide sale. Unless this is something a manager must override, or the self-service price scanner is not to be trusted.

Very rarely a store has an item that doesn't drop like most others for some reason.  This may be the case for you and SO.  Never seen the scanner be wrong before.

#641 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 11 February 2018 - 07:44 PM

Stopped by a TRU last night that’s right next to a Walmart and grabbed :360: Titanfall for $0.98 and a Disney Infinity Power Disc album for $1.00. No 3¢ games at the WM except for :3ds: Legend of Korra, unfortunately, and it was behind the display glass so I wasn’t even about to try. I also think it’s hilarious that this WM’s idea of “clearance” video games is to knock $2-$5 off the MSRP...saw oodles of :ps4: Deus Ex for $10 and :xb1: Titanfall 2 deluxe for $34.98.

#642 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2678 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:06 PM

Along with the good stuff being shipped to non-dying stores mentioned above, a lot of older clearances stuff is being shipped to closing stores to clear up some inventory. We were shipping out old sports games mostly, and a few older kids tablets. Nothing good was left at our store, but some of the good stuff from a few weeks ago might make it those stores at least.

Resellers are trying to take advantage so keep that in mind. I had a guy with 20 receipts from other stores looking for some $90 iPod Nanos, I think 6th Gen.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#643 dillion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   59 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:29 PM

Struck out on the 2 stores near me. Couldn't even find a tag for Witcher 3 PS4.

#644 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:27 PM

So apparently Toysrus doesn't price match Frys anymore. I tried buying Dragon Quest Heroes The Burning Tree of of Woes is Me Or Whatever The Fuck since Frys has it for $4.99 but the lady wouldn't let me, saying it's not in the list of competitors that they price match.

wat?

#645 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1869 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:00 PM

So apparently Toysrus doesn't price match Frys anymore. I tried buying Dragon Quest Heroes The Burning Tree of of Woes is Me Or Whatever The Fuck since Frys has it for $4.99 but the lady wouldn't let me, saying it's not in the list of competitors that they price match.

Isn't there a choice for "Other?"

#646 dinovelvet   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3587 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

dinovelvet

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:36 PM

Struck out on the 2 stores near me. Couldn't even find a tag for Witcher 3 PS4.

You weren't seriously expecting to find any Witchers, 3 months after they were marked down?

#647 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:41 AM

You weren't seriously expecting to find any Witchers, 3 months after they were marked down?

I swear some dude was able to find it further up the thread.

wat?

#648 Diemond  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:02 AM

I wasn't expecting to find one but did when I dropped by during my lunch break.

https://imgur.com/DuOAeyd

#649 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:04 AM

I found one three days ago. Xbox One version.

#650 dillion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   59 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:47 AM

Given a few reports I thought I would give it a shot and also look to see if anything else was laying around but per my post, I found nothing decent at the local stores I hit.

#651 ihadmail   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   888 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:13 AM

Koala kids shoes plus any other item and it takes 50% off the other item.

Probably dead now though. Many thanks to Wario if these orders ship/ready for pickup.

IMG_8993.PNG

#652 Stimes   Get Some! CAGiversary!   2211 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:01 AM

I swear some dude was able to find it further up the thread.

Yes, I guess I was lucky and actually got two copies of Witcher 3 Complete for $4.98 each. Didnt know it was an old deal, just got them about a week ago.

STIMES76.png

#653 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2678 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:41 PM

The updated policy means they should be able to as long as it's in stock online at that price, and not clearance. I would normally recommend that you just ask a manager, as your cashier likely just didn't know of the policy change, but it is both out of stock and clearance.

https://www.frys.com/product/8525059

If they don't scrutinize the page they might match it, but my store likely wouldn't, as this low of a discount would need manager numbers so they should actually be looking at the page.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#654 Chronis   Enjoys mediocre games that you hate CAGiversary!   3076 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:20 PM

I think drops just happened. I went to TRU to pick up a PlayStation tv that has been lingering, and I noticed there was a lot of staff running around. In electronics, there were 3 stock people looking for stuff from the lockup with lists. Asked to get the PSTV from a few cases over, and the girl said that this was also on the list. Took it over to the cashier, and it rung up a sweet $5.98, instead of $17.98.

11317.png

#655 imri   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   51 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:02 AM

Picked up a Switch Pro Controller for $50.xx after using a $5 off coupon. Sign said 30% off Switch Accessories but the Pro Controller was behind the glass with the sign that said no discount on Video Game Systems. I asked and the guy said it should count. When they rang it up at the register it was normal price $75 (which I think is $5 more than other retailers) but I told them it was an accessory so they put in the discount. YMMV i guess but it was worth a shot for me. My store (Wayne,NJ) didn't have any joy cons or any other controllers (PS4/XBOX) but they did have Switch charging grips that the 30% would have applied to as well.

#656 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:37 AM

Been searching all the TRUs around me to find Wii remotes and :ps4: Witcher III Complete for fellow CAGs...no such luck yet, but I did pick up :360: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified for $0.48.

#657 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11021 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2018 - 03:39 PM

Decided to check the local TRU for any further clearance markdowns and they were picked clean except for two copies of Bayonetta 2 (WiiU, that were not marked with a price).  They are still $9.98 each and I picked one up with a $5 Rewards certificate knocking it down to $4.98.

#658 CaoPi   (Chou Pei) Mousou nut, KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10577 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:52 AM

I haven't stepped into a TRU since about 2 years. I made a return this week with my purchase and was asked for an id. Is this something mandatory for returns now at all TRU?

Btw it was a purchase under $20 and I had my original receipt.

MY TRADE LIST: Huge fan of NIS and Koei games!

https://www.cheapass...misc/?p=1259801

#659 TheGuido   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   394 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:46 PM

I haven't stepped into a TRU since about 2 years. I made a return this week with my purchase and was asked for an id. Is this something mandatory for returns now at all TRU?

Welcome to the new world of return fraud protection.

#660 Mugen Power   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1014 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Mugen Power

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:58 PM

They've been doing that at the TRUs in my area for years now, regardless if price.