* * * * - 3 votes

Toys"R"Us TRU YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I

#931 prim4444   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1988 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2018 - 11:23 PM

Would it be correct to assume that price-matching in-store would end today with liquidation starting tomorrow? Thanks

yes

#932 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   4353 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:11 AM

That KB Toys thing is just pop up stores for Black Friday through Christmas. It's going to be like the Spirit Halloween stores.

They used to do that with Lionel Leisure stores awhile back, using the name for seasonal pop-up stores after LL went out of business.

#933 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1043 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:46 AM

Stopped by at TRU on the orginal axed list, up to 60% off. Current gen games dumbs down to just one cabinet, consoles and expensive accessories are gone.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#934 Dojorkan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   243 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Dojorkan

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:40 AM

I wonder what happens to things like games that are due to release during the liquidation period.

#935 BrolyB593   instagram.com/britton_draws CAGiversary!   7654 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:43 AM

I wonder what happens to things like games that are due to release during the liquidation period.

They have just stopped getting new products a long while ago. There were new releases of certain things throughout the store that they just never received even a couple weeks before the liquidation began.

#936 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4701 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:40 AM

Yeah I've done a fair amount of shopping at going out of business sales over the years.  It will usually start at like 10% and then slowly go up a bit (hence the closeout being ongoing until June).  For anyone on this website my guess is this sale won't have prices we care about for a little while yet.

This.  Considering most games get a sale price down to around $30-$35 within a month or two of release, this closing sale won't have interesting prices until May and most games will be gone with people having bought them at "a great bargain" when it was $48.

#937 ShinAkuma   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

ShinAkuma

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:51 AM

Would it be correct to assume that price-matching in-store would end today with liquidation starting tomorrow? Thanks

Yes, I should add that with the other stuff I put in the post now.

Want to hear the most Toys R Us thing ever? Of Course you do. The ace team of lawyers didn't give the bankruptcy judge all the papers requested and the liquidation isn't even approved to happen by him because of that, so it may be delayed. At the very least they can't put signs up advertising going out of business sales, but there is a chance they may still load the discounts into the register system from what I heard.

#938 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10351 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:11 AM

Liquidation is starting today, according to the news. East Coasters will know deals first. Anyone that goes to TRU, let us know. Especially for consoles.

#939 mchittumjr  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:31 PM

Searching Twitter I found this article about a North Carolina store not doing liquidation sale and another person saying a Tampa store was told last night it's not starting today.

http://www.foxcaroli...e-is-postponedĀ 

#940 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   371 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:45 PM

Local radio station post about the Minnetonka TRU store.

https://kdwb.iheart....-in-minnetonka/

It's become quite a mess in that store since last Thursday.

I wonder how many people will be disappointed today to show up at other TRU stores and there are no sales today.

#941 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3568 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:07 PM

Hoping someone else on the East Coast provides an update before I get off work. I have a feeling it won't be worth my time to stop in. It's really only going to be worth it for me once they have at least 30% off games. 

#942 toyblue   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   17 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:30 PM

http://www.foxcaroli...le-is-postponed

Maybe the rumors are true...

#943 Kotor15   Okay kiddos, prepare to be schooled CAGiversary!   3051 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:32 PM

Searching Twitter I found this article about a North Carolina store not doing liquidation sale and another person saying a Tampa store was told last night it's not starting today.

http://www.foxcaroli...e-is-postponed

That's South Carolina :p

#944 toyblue   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   17 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:38 PM

That's South Carolina :p

Actually, there is a city named Greenville in both North and South Carolina. :)

#945 Kotor15   Okay kiddos, prepare to be schooled CAGiversary!   3051 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:52 PM

Actually, there is a city named Greenville in both North and South Carolina. :)

Woodruff Rd. is SC, I used to live near there and I've also been to Greenville, NC.

#946 GreenT  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:07 PM

Ohio, no liquidation today. Heard one worker saying they were not sure when it will happen.

Overheard another worker saying LEGO would be 5%, everything else 10% discount to start.

#947 micbelt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1519 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:09 PM

In store now and nothing is on sale.

#948 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3568 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:13 PM

Glad to know it won't be worth stopping by today. It honestly probably won't be when the actual sale starts either. 

#949 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:14 PM

I can't wait to get 10% off the 4 gb Xbox 360 with kinect that's priced @ $249.99 (the Xbox one S bundle next to it is $229.99) and has been sitting in the glass case longer than most TRU customers have been alive.

#950 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2881 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:20 PM

They have just stopped getting new products a long while ago. There were new releases of certain things throughout the store that they just never received even a couple weeks before the liquidation began.

Yeah, newest game we got was either Metal Gear Survive or maybe Payday 2 Switch. I don't remember if we actually had Payday because I didn't put it out but I think I saw it.

#951 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:36 PM

Ohio, no liquidation today. Heard one worker saying they were not sure when it will happen.

Overheard another worker saying LEGO would be 5%, everything else 10% discount to start.

This reminds me of how Hastings done it.  10% to start off and then 20%, then 25%, etc.  Really don't expect any good deals until weeks down the road although it will be slim pickings then so really pick your poison.

#952 vyt219  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:45 PM

Absolutuely no deals in the Alpharetta store, unless you want 20% off Monopoly.

#953 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3519 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:46 PM

In Columbus I heard the Dublin store was liquidating.

#954 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7557 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:46 PM

Apparently rumor mill is my store is "closing" in May...but what that means I don't know.  Like other people are reporting, apparently the store here has been really busy and that's confusing a lot of people but I suspect they're just freaking out with rewards and gcs...some might be freaking out because they know they won't be able to find a lot of this stuff locally anymore after it closes.  

One nephew of mine GF/fiance is expecting their first child this week.  They received some ToysRUS GCs.  His cousin has a 5 year old and 1 year old.  She too had some ToysRUS GCs (one we sent her a few months ago in fact) to use.  I think like you said lots of people are just spending their GCs before they are useless or there is nothing left to buy.

#955 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3568 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:57 PM

Yeah, newest game we got was either Metal Gear Survive or maybe Payday 2 Switch. I don't remember if we actually had Payday because I didn't put it out but I think I saw it.

The TRU by me had copies of Kirby Star Allies last week so I am assuming that was probably it for new releases for them. Would be awesome if I could get Kirby for 30% off or more, but I don't foresee that happening, at least not at TRU.

#956 Z-Saber   Dancing is about butts now CAGiversary!   5951 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:03 PM

Where in Ohio?

#957 Jurai  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:09 PM

I'm at a toys r us in San Antonio, no sales have started

#958 upsidedownagain  

upsidedownagain

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:10 PM

Signs posted on store in Charleston, WV say that the liquidation is postponed until final court approval. No information provided on potential dates.

#959 Dojorkan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   243 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Dojorkan

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:11 PM

Thats good, Im sure most people want to spend as little on MG Survive as possible, lol.

#960 Jurai  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:13 PM

Oddly enough the store in at also seems to have gotten large shipments of stock, they are unboxing things all over