* * * * * 1 votes

Toys"R"Us TRU YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I

#961 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3441 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:30 PM

Where in Ohio?

these mofos at Polaris told me on Saturday that today was liquidation then I just went in and apparently upper management changed things up this morning for thst 5-10% off select stuff crap. Parking lot is full cuz people thought it was today.

#962 moopher   Uvula flicker CAGiversary!   1095 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:56 PM

Local radio station post about the Minnetonka TRU store.

https://kdwb.iheart....-in-minnetonka/

It's become quite a mess in that store since last Thursday.

I wonder how many people will be disappointed today to show up at other TRU stores and there are no sales today.

Wow, it’s really been decimated since I was there. Glad I went when I did. Was gonna stop by during lunch today, but it doesn’t look to be worth it.

#963 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10322 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:22 PM

Internet is saying liquidation postponed, also.

Won't make a trip yet then.

#964 lakers714  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:07 PM

Even if it started usually these sales start at a low discount and with time going on gets more deeper 

r5gKEIn.gif

#965 GreenT  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:17 PM

Where in Ohio?

Dayton/Miamisburg

#966 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3568 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:19 PM

Saw employees taking down the official looking "store closing" banners last night. Thought that was odd. They had printed papers saying all sales final and checks no longer accepted though.

And if they really haven't been getting new shipments for months, the shelves are surprisingly well stocked for the most part.

#967 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3348 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:26 PM

Saw employees taking down the official looking "store closing" banners last night. Thought that was odd. They had printed papers saying all sales final and checks no longer accepted though.

And if they really haven't been getting new shipments for months, the shelves are surprisingly well stocked for the most part.

That depends on the store. The stores that had already been announced to close prior to last week haven't gotten shipments in about a month. My local store was not on that list and received new product as recently as a week ago as they have copies of Kirby Star Allies on Switch. 

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Monster Hunter World, God of War, and Yakuza 6 |  :xb1: Nothing |   :switch: Fire Emblem Warriors and Wild Guns

Also Casually Playing: 

Tokyo Xtreme Racer (Dreamcast)

#968 ShinAkuma   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

ShinAkuma

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:06 PM

That lawyer CNN has been quoting is full of it on pretty much everything, 60 days is a minimum probably and they still have to empty full distribution centers, what I saw in court docs said they expect to have those open for 8 weeks before they're empty.

#969 mchittumjr  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:09 PM

No go in Columbia, MD. That said it was like Black Friday in there. The place was wrecked, 20+ people in line, and I'd say about 25% of stock already gone (the whole Shopkins aisle was wiped).  Most likely people using up gift cards. 

#970 AdmiralGialHackbar  

AdmiralGialHackbar

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:26 PM

do you guys really think anything that is worth it will be liquidated?  If so I have a bridge to sell you and you can only pay me in bitcoin.

#971 RoboSonic   Playing some Soul Reaver 2 CAGiversary!   238 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:30 PM

Was at my local one recently... no discounts yet. They're unsure of when it'll start.

#972 LiquidCrew   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   250 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

LiquidCrew

Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:01 PM

these mofos at Polaris told me on Saturday that today was liquidation then I just went in and apparently upper management changed things up this morning for thst 5-10% off select stuff crap. Parking lot is full cuz people thought it was today.

That is the one I always go to. Good to know and that sucks for people that went. It happens, some times you get lucky and other times you don’t.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#973 blank964   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   107 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

blank964

Posted 22 March 2018 - 09:17 PM

Dayton/Miamisburg

If that's the one near the Dayton Mall I believe they've been scheduled to close since the first batch of closings were announced before it was announced every store would close. However, I went there like three or four weeks ago and there were no signs that it was closing.

The Beavercreek location with a Babies R Us was packed last weekend probably due to news of the impending closures so I'm worried about how packed they'll be when the actual sales start.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#974 beaubalon  

beaubalon

Posted 22 March 2018 - 09:22 PM

Dayton/Miamisburg

I always thought that was the worst one in the area. I’ll be sad to see toys r us go but not that particular store

#975 GreenT  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 09:25 PM

I always thought that was the worst one in the area. I’ll be sad to see toys r us go but not that particular store

Further away but have you been to the Cincy/Kenwood location? Between access and interior, it makes Miamisburg look real good.

#976 Jurai  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 09:42 PM

the guy who created Bratz started a GoFundMe to save toys r us. With a 1 billion dollar goal.

It's at 200 million atm.

https://www.gofundme...helpsavetoysrus

edit: the Bratz dolls guy made an initial $200m investment didn't realize that, still pretty crazy

#977 beaubalon  

beaubalon

Posted 22 March 2018 - 09:43 PM

Further away but have you been to the Cincy/Kenwood location? Between access and interior, it makes Miamisburg look real good.

Yeah I was just at Kenwood the other day. You wouldn’t even know it was back there if not for the sign out on the main road. And the steps/ramp to get up into the store are pretty bad too lol. Ok I won’t be sad to see that one go either

#978 bigstew  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:54 PM

the guy who created Bratz started a GoFundMe to save toys r us. With a 1 billion dollar goal.

It's at 200 million atm.

edit: the Bratz dolls guy made an initial $200m investment didn't realize that, still pretty crazy

the problem with that is the people in charge and their policys that have slowly ruined the business, saving them but keeping those people wont change things just a bailout, better off if their boughtout not saved and a new company (minus the current people in charge) take over and properly run things and fix alot of their old policeys and cs

#979 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   940 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:01 PM

TRU founder passed away today, not a good year for TRU

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#980 NiiNJA   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   398 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:04 PM

It's at 200 million atm.

just donated, wanted that I’ll ALWAYS be a Toys“R”Us Kid t shirt.

#981 omegax34  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:24 AM

Just check the Lancaster,ca toys r us and hey have a sign that says “ the liquidation sale is postponed til further notice”

#982 Jurai  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:18 AM

Has anyone heard a confirmation of any stores actually starting tomorrow that weren't already liquidating

#983 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   1004 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:20 AM

Has anyone heard a confirmation of any stores actually starting tomorrow that weren't already liquidating

No, but the TRU at Chino Hills has a leak in the ceiling. They used a kiddie pool to collect the water.

#984 Jurai  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:22 AM

No, but the TRU at Chino Hills has a leak in the ceiling. They used a kiddie pool to collect the water.

Interesting, did you go for a dip?

#985 ewto16   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   110 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:25 AM

I was going to go to the Polaris, Ohio store today....glad I waited.

#986 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2155 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:32 AM

I personally don't mind that the sales haven't started yet. I went to one from the original closing lists in Wayne, NJ and it was nearly picked clean. The good video games that were hidden behind a register barely dropped like a Galaxy Style N3DS XL for $180, Bomberman R for $30, Poi Explorer Edition for $18 and etc. Most of the store was 50-70% and I got a couple of the exclusive POPs and other Funko items. The 2 pack Skylanders of Crash and Neo was $10 and I couldn't say no to that. There was just SOOOOO many of them (100+)

Also went to the Totowa, NJ store and no sale started but I still picked up a Blue Yarn Yoshi and Pink Yarn Yoshi amiibo since they were the two I was missing since I already had the Green Yarn Yoshi, as well as a $3.50 Ghostbusters POP. I'm personally really waiting for the Razor A5 Lux scooter to drop to a decent price soon!

Both locations were filled with people for the first time in a long time. In the Wayne locations, people didn't care about prices whatsoever. They just threw things in the cart for shits and giggles and bought them. At Totowa, most people were buying a lot even though no discounts were active yet but mostly a lot of people going through nostalgia.

What really made me angry at our future was at the Wayne locations when a group of 5 kids, around age 5 or so, were complaining on why they were at TRU when there's Amazon to do it for you.

And of course, the real thing I'll miss from TRU is all of the screaming and crying from little kids across the whole store. It makes the environment feel natural.

P.S. The Wayne location is the store that hosted this video:

24646xl.jpg

My YouTube channel has been reborn into Gee Wiz Gaming! Become a Little Wizard and subscribe! Comment any criticism you may have and share my first new video with your friends.

https://www.youtube....Lx888bJmv8AWUwQ

Now if only i could afford an Elgato and a Snowball....

#987 NickSC07   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1069 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:21 AM

That video was totally me 30 years ago when I wasn't allowed to get all the captain power and silverhawks toys.
Go Braves!

#988 ShinAkuma   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

ShinAkuma

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:31 AM

Well, enjoy your baseline 10% off discount most stuff (videogames fall here), with not much being 20 and 30% off. No Switch console or games are discounted at all, and it looks like no Lego discount. No coupons anymore, including rewards.

In short: you'll be waiting some for a good discount as everyone had assumed we would.

#989 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3568 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:41 AM

My store got restocked with a ton more skylanders but they jacked up the price from 50 cents to $1.98 each.  NOOOOO!!!

And I bet they will be back to $14.99 with a generous 10% off as soon as liquidation starts...

#990 ShinAkuma   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

ShinAkuma

Posted 23 March 2018 - 09:22 AM

Here's an official FAQ:

https://www.toysrusi...ustomer FAQ.pdf