- - - - -

Toys"R"Us TRU YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I

#121 e3man01   Cheap Assin' before most of you even picked up a controller CAGiversary!   279 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:08 AM

I remember an entire tub filled with nothing but the metroid prime trilogy w/steelbook for $5 each. I want to say it was at a best buy. I still kick myself for that.

I STILL am pissed off I didn't grab Spider-Man Web of Fire for the 32X on clearance many, many years ago. Sucker's worth a pretty penny complete. And more of the Saturn's last 3 games, also on clearance (Panzer Dragoon Saga)

#122 Cangriman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   349 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:32 AM

I went to my store yesterday too. Grabbed:

(3DS) Dragon Quest 7 - $11.98
(3DS) Dragon Quest 8 - $13.98

Couldn't believe my eyes when I read it. Even their website was charging $40. If anyone's interested, this is definitely the time to get them.

I just hate myself. I bought both like two weeks ago I think DQ7 was $23 and DQ8 $25... I can't return either because I already open both of them. 

Don't get me started...

#123 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5716 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted Today, 05:52 AM

Did these games have clearance stickers on them reflecting these prices?

#124 v0yce   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   390 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:57 AM

Were these games have clearance stickers on them reflecting these prices?

I went to two different stores and neither had the correct prices marked but they rang up the discounted prices.

#125 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   730 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted Today, 05:57 AM

what time TRU close tomorrow? very interested to swing by after dinner

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

#126 Diabhalla  

Diabhalla

Posted Today, 06:06 AM

what time TRU close tomorrow? very interested to swing by after dinner

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Assuming you mean Thursday, they open at 5 Thursday close Friday at midnight I think.

#127 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1437 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted Today, 06:37 AM

Well TRU is going out of business. Can't say this is all that surprising.

TRU is not going out of business -.-

#128 Diabhalla  

Diabhalla

Posted Today, 06:45 AM

TRU is not going out of business -.-

Sadly...

#129 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10537 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 11:32 AM

Damn, this is the first time I am tempted to go into TRU on Black Friday weekend.  Why couldn't it have been any other weekend that they put these on clearance?  Don't really feel like fighting the hordes of people.

#130 tomwaits1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   443 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:31 PM

Yesterday was probably the best chance to grab these... TRU stores will be packed tonight/tomorrow and anything that's marked at these prices will vanish quickly. Smart move by TRU if they want them out of the store immediately, but sucks for CAGs that want specific games.

tom_waits.png

#131 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted Today, 02:51 PM

Gah you're probably right... it's probably suicide to try to go anywhere today...

#132 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3010 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted Today, 03:41 PM

Gah you're probably right... it's probably suicide to try to go anywhere today...

I never have any issues either today or tomm honestly.  I used to think it'd be chaos and rarely do I hit any real issues.  But I also let the store open for an hour or two before I battle it out.

#133 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5416 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted Today, 05:10 PM

I never have any issues either today or tomm honestly.  I used to think it'd be chaos and rarely do I hit any real issues.  But I also let the store open for an hour or two before I battle it out.

Honestly its pretty much gotten better everywhere except Walmart... I wont go near on all this weekend lol...