* * * * * 1 votes

Toys"R"Us TRU YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I

#1591 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:06 AM

Mine still has 15 galaxy 3ds for 119 each now.

Alot of destiny 2 and battlefront 2 for ps4. Lol

#1592 dualrec  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:15 PM

not gaming, but I'm hoping to catch one of the Sphero McQueen cars.  My kids love some Cars movies.

#1593 TheGuido   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   405 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:57 PM

not gaming, but I'm hoping to catch one of the Sphero McQueen cars. My kids love some Cars movies.

There's one at my store but it's still $75. You can get them on ebay for about $100...so a decent deal but nothing to write home about.

#1594 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 15 June 2018 - 02:37 AM

So the TRU in Chino is officially dead in terms of games. All the cases were empty, some shelves had a couple Just Dance games for WiiU and strategy guides. I asked the employees if they were selling the Display Xbox One, since they still had it hooked up and they told me no that someone was gonna pick it up or something. The store says it's closing in 14 days and was 50-70% off everything. They had a shit ton of Recoil "guns?".

wat?

#1595 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2807 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:53 AM

They had a shit ton of Recoil "guns?".

It's a shitty laser tag that uses your phone for an AR experience that basically just places item pick ups on the "map".  

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#1596 Bombarded   Banned Banned   2531 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Bombarded

Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:40 AM

Wtf man I just found out about this. I went to my store and daaamn gaming section is cleared out. Only ok games were for honor and morrowind for like $15-20. Don’t tell me people were able to get ps4s for half off and also ps plus subscription cuz I’ll be pissed..how long has this been goin on for?!

#1597 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   971 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 15 June 2018 - 05:49 AM

Wtf man I just found out about this. I went to my store and daaamn gaming section is cleared out. Only ok games were for honor and morrowind for like $15-20. Don’t tell me people were able to get ps4s for half off and also ps plus subscription cuz I’ll be pissed..how long has this been goin on for?!

Been going on for like 3 months (major discount only start picking up last month or so). The most discount for consoles would go is 20%.

Consoles did get half off discount back in Feb when TRU had a major price glitch.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#1598 battlingbastard   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   37 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

battlingbastard

Posted 15 June 2018 - 06:02 AM

All the TRU in my area sold their consoles back when it was 10% off.  They had decent games up until it was 60% and now at 70% they're all pretty much wiped out.  

#1599 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2177 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 06:26 AM

At this point, the TRU around me has a crappy selection of games that I just decided to see which games had decent trade value at Gamestop just to flip and I found Scribblenauts Showdown for PS4 for $12, Outlast Trilogy for $9, and Just Dance 2016 for X360 for $9 just to flip for $50 after bonuses and got Steep: Winter Games Edition and Battlefield 1: Revolution both for $18 for myself

24646xl.jpg

My YouTube channel has been reborn into Gee Wiz Gaming! Become a Little Wizard and subscribe! Comment any criticism you may have and share my first new video with your friends.

https://www.youtube....Lx888bJmv8AWUwQ

Now if only i could afford an Elgato and a Snowball....

#1600 spacedest   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   51 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:18 PM

All the TRU around me in SoCal are basically cleared out in terms of games. I went to the one Fullerton and the games selections sucked. Lots of skylanders tho. Monrovia sucked too, but better than Fullerton. They still had some of the Palutena Amiibo, so I picked one up for under a buck. And from another member, Chino is cleared out too. Seeing a bunch of other locations with so much inventory left just makes me jealous. Goodbye TRU, you had a decent run.

#1601 Varadatt  

Varadatt

Posted 16 June 2018 - 02:43 AM

Was able to pick up Resident Evil Gold Edition for the One for $15. Already have it but wanted the dlc which is the same price. Store had the old paper ticket system. Hadn’t seen that in years. They had a few good games left, just nothing that struck me.

#1602 marineal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1535 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

marineal

Posted 16 June 2018 - 12:53 PM

At this point, the TRU around me has a crappy selection of games that I just decided to see which games had decent trade value at Gamestop just to flip and I found Scribblenauts Showdown for PS4 for $12, Outlast Trilogy for $9, and Just Dance 2016 for X360 for $9 just to flip for $50 after bonuses and got Steep: Winter Games Edition and Battlefield 1: Revolution both for $18 for myself

How? What promo?

#1603 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2807 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 16 June 2018 - 04:37 PM

My store has a countdown now, 12 days left.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#1604 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2177 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 05:38 PM

How? What promo?

Trading in an X1 and/or PS4 game nets you an extra $5 on a preorder each

24646xl.jpg

My YouTube channel has been reborn into Gee Wiz Gaming! Become a Little Wizard and subscribe! Comment any criticism you may have and share my first new video with your friends.

#1605 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   467 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:06 PM

My store (Wilkes-Barre, PA) also had a countdown — 14 days left. Games were 70% off. Mostly junk, but I found the Wipeout Omega collection (PS4) for $12. Also picked up a large WON Toon Link plush for $10.

Nerf guns were 50% off. Picked up two Raptorstrike guns for the kids at $20 each.

#1606 Kotor15   Okay kiddos, prepare to be schooled CAGiversary!   2947 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 07:12 PM

I'm in awe at the stuff you guys were able to find, even if it seems miniscule to you. I don't know if it's because we're in a high income area but stuff was almost completely gone at 50% and now we're at 70% and there's maybe 10 junk games left. Consoles have been gone since 10% and the rest of the store is just overpriced, shit toys. These people had no patience.

#1607 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2177 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:30 PM

I'm in awe at the stuff you guys were able to find, even if it seems miniscule to you. I don't know if it's because we're in a high income area but stuff was almost completely gone at 50% and now we're at 70% and there's maybe 10 junk games left. Consoles have been gone since 10% and the rest of the store is just overpriced, shit toys. These people had no patience.

No it definitely depends on the location. For example, Totowa, NJ and Paramus, NJ's locations are right in plain sight on their respective highways and in both, all the good stuff was gone at 40%. At the Paramus Park, NJ location, they are at 60% where I found those games to flip and had a crap ton of selection because on the highway it is on, it is covered by trees that if you go too fast, you won't ever notice it was there.

24646xl.jpg

#1608 Chaosgamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   440 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Chaosgamer

Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:51 PM

Was able to snatch Digimon story hackers memory for $20, Battlefront 2 for $15, Sherlock holmes for $8, Bulletstorm full clip edition for $6

Games Playing

:wii:  - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

:ps3: - Borderlands, Splinter Cell Blacklist

:switch: - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

RIPPERKNIGHT.png

EXTREMEULTIMATE.png

#1609 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:46 AM

My store has a countdown now, 12 days left.

I ask my local one a few days ago. They said the 27 was the last day for them.

#1610 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 17 June 2018 - 02:55 AM

Yep seems like the countdown has begun at mine as well. June 24th is the last day although they were pretty empty today so not that surprising.

#1611 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2807 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:03 PM

I went back by the mall yesterday and they hadn't actually updated from the 13 days signs that I saw the day before I posted. 

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#1612 JBLAZEisaCAG   Deal seeker CAGiversary!   53 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

JBLAZEisaCAG

Posted Yesterday, 02:55 PM

I went to the 3rd TRU I know of still open and same story as the last - a few not so desirable games left over that will be there until the end. Seems like every one I've been to since the first is worse and worse.20180617_142534.jpg 20180617_142615.jpg 20180617_142521.jpg

#1613 Ibacai  

Posted Yesterday, 06:55 PM

Much better than mine. All we have left are copies of Destiny 2 and UFC3 for Xbox One.

#1614 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   697 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:11 PM

That copy of Evil Within 2 would be a pretty nice pickup.  I have slimmer pickings at my local TRU even though it's so out of the way for most people in my city to begin with.

qnwz8j.jpg

:ps4: Prey/Dragon's Dogma   ::   :vita: Monster Monpiece/Muramasa ::   :3ds: n/a

#1615 SaraAB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5446 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:32 PM

We have almost zero games in the WNY area, just some just dance games, I have been to all 3 TRU stores here at various points, Skylanders imaginators are down to $4.80 which is the lowest price I have seen on them anywhere and they have plenty left. The store near the Eastern Hills mall had some tablets left at 70% off, but there were only a few. Our stores still have quite a few goodies left in terms of toys including bunches of limited edition pokemon plush toys (the meloetta one specifically is what I saw yesterday) and I have seen the pikachu's at other locations. Pricing is pretty good on most items at this point but there are still some things only at 50% off, though most is 60-70% at this point.

#1616 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2177 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:36 PM

Much better than mine. All we have left are copies of Destiny 2 and UFC3 for Xbox One.

UFC 3 has some decent trade in value at Gamestop. Might be worth to pick up a couple to flip if you care

24646xl.jpg

#1617 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1914 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:45 PM

My TRU had something like 40 copies of Fallout 4 standard for $9.

#1618 dillion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   75 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:23 PM

We have almost zero games in the WNY area, just some just dance games, I have been to all 3 TRU stores here at various points, Skylanders imaginators are down to $4.80 which is the lowest price I have seen on them anywhere and they have plenty left. The store near the Eastern Hills mall had some tablets left at 70% off, but there were only a few. Our stores still have quite a few goodies left in terms of toys including bunches of limited edition pokemon plush toys (the meloetta one specifically is what I saw yesterday) and I have seen the pikachu's at other locations. Pricing is pretty good on most items at this point but there are still some things only at 50% off, though most is 60-70% at this point.

I was headed to Eastern Hills today but didn't make it but yesterday McKinley had a handful of games and a ton of Destiny 2 but nothing worth picking up in my opinion. All the games were consolidated to 1 case and most of the section was taped off.

#1619 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   842 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:53 AM

What percent off have some of you recently seen for Lego's?  When I last went on Memorial Day weekend, it was 30% off.  Want to pick up Brickheadz for my kids.

#1620 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   283 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted Today, 06:35 AM

is there anyone on record as ever buying that troll and i game?

ever?