* * * * - 3 votes

Toys"R"Us TRU YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I

#1621 Malignpariah   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   31 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Malignpariah

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:55 PM

What percent off have some of you recently seen for Lego's?  When I last went on Memorial Day weekend, it was 30% off.  Want to pick up Brickheadz for my kids.

I was at my local store this past weekend and there were zero Lego sets in the store. Just a few weeks before there was a huge aisle at 30 or maybe 40% off. I wonder if Lego bought them all back rather than let them get discounted too much. Seems impossible for them all to have sold.

#1622 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:10 PM

I wonder about stuff like this and other stuff. They will have 200 of something and 2 days later all gone.

#1623 Bing147   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1104 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:38 PM

My store went to 50% off Lego last week but they only had an endcap left and nothing interesting.

#1624 superhippy1986   Collecting Panties CAGiversary!   1200 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

superhippy1986

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:32 PM

My store isn't even listed on Google any more for the area. Yet the Acme closed a few weeks ago in the same shopping center and removed their sign while the Toys R Us that's been closed for a month still has their sign up.

#1625 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11318 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:37 PM

Decided to check out my local store one last time and it was a wasted trip.  Every single current gen game was sold out, except for Agents of Mayhem for PS4 (which I already got for $10 from Amazon many months ago).

I was considering getting Giana Sisters Director's Cut (WiiU) but even at 70% off it was still $12, which is more than its been at Walmart recently. 

#1626 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   849 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 01:18 AM

Thanks for the responses everyone. Hope mine have a decent discount and stock still. Didn't have enough time to drop by today

#1627 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 20 June 2018 - 01:46 AM

Welp. Just went to the other two TRU's around San Bernardino County. The one in Alta Loma was half empty already with just baby shit and some random toys and the one in Rancho Cucamonga just had a dozen copies of Destiny the Collection for ps4 at $15, King's Quest for ps4 and random 360 and ps3 games like Phantom Pain. The only one I haven't got to is the one in Riverside, which I doubt will have anything at this point as well. Both stores say closing in 10 days and are at 70% off. Seems like the last item I'll have ever bought from them was Destiny.

#1628 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6189 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 01:53 AM

i remember seeing tons of copies of Assassins Creed Origins. a week later less than half were gone. then a week goes by, none in stock. they had about 100 of them.

#1629 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 20 June 2018 - 01:56 AM

For those who who knew about this early like months ago, what were some of your good hauls? I would’ve gotten everything that’s limited edition if only the gaming section wasn’t wiped out

#1630 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:44 AM

My closest store is still holding out at 50% despite being open for only 9 more days. Game and Lego sections were completely bare and roped off from the rest of the store. I guess that's the end of it. Pretty sad.

#1631 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4684 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 07:02 AM

Shortly after games went 60% off all of the games worth anything of value disappeared.  I think a local flea market owner wiped them out cause stock stayed the same for a week or so then all of it was gone quick.  The store is at 50-70% off with about ten days left.  There were a few scraps when games went 70% off, but I was with the wife and they were marked "movies and games 50% off"  I didn't realize the sign was wrong until we had left.  Went back a day or two later and the only games were fifa 16 and a few dancing games.  The kids love those so may get 2016-2018 dancing games if they hit 80% off.  Can only scan one of them in those terrible cases and it was $12.

#1632 dinovelvet   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3597 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

dinovelvet

Posted 21 June 2018 - 01:42 AM

Did anyone actually get any CAG-worthy deals out of this? Seems just about every game sold at around 40% off, and now there's just D-list Xbox 360/PS3 games left. Freakin' normies.

#1633 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4684 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:42 AM

Did anyone actually get any CAG-worthy deals out of this? Seems just about every game sold at around 40% off, and now there's just D-list Xbox 360/PS3 games left. Freakin' normies.

About the best video game deal I saw was PUBG for $12.  It was a week or two after they hit 60% and a lot of decent stuff was still there.  I got Bulletstorm for $8 then.  Although I kinda liked PUBG during the free weekend I didn't feel it was worth that much to me so I waited.  A few days later all games of much value were gone so I think a reseller came in and nabbed anything sellable/tradeable.  Can't imagine 30 copies of PUBG and a bunch of other stuff hung around at that price for a few weeks and then just randomly flew off the shelves.

#1634 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2200 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:04 AM

Paramus Park, NJ had games at 70% but nothing worth any value. They did however have a full box of 2XL ToysRUs shirts (both normal blue and Christmas Nice list green) for $10 per shirt that i couldn't deny because I had originally planned to buy one at other closing stores to give to my girlfriend for our anniversary (she always wanted to work at one since she was a kid and even tried to get a job once the bankruptcy got announced) and other employees started asking $50+ for them. Bought 2 of each without question.

Movies and DVDs were still at 50% and they had a crap ton (300+) of The Force Awakens Poster Edition but still at $15, which is still too high

#1635 nintendolink007   I'm an cheapass ebayholic CAGiversary!   164 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

nintendolink007

Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:21 AM

For people that shop at the Castleon location in Indianapolis, a little note.I was just up there yesterday and the store is beginning to get very bare with alot of blocked off places.  You might wanna make one last trip, it feels like that store's end seems near.

Does anyone know when the date the stores are suppose to close?

#1636 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   13997 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 01:34 PM

Most are looking like the end of this month (June).

#1637 JBLAZEisaCAG   Deal seeker CAGiversary!   59 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

JBLAZEisaCAG

Posted 21 June 2018 - 01:51 PM

Most are looking like the end of this month (June).

Yeah, I heard the 27th from a couple cashiers, but that could be just those stores.

You guys think this is the last of the price drops? I'm hoping to see if another 10% or more to come off

#1638 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   290 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 21 June 2018 - 01:59 PM

For those who who knew about this early like months ago, what were some of your good hauls? I would’ve gotten everything that’s limited edition if only the gaming section wasn’t wiped out

Most LE and CE stuff was gone the moment it hit 5% off in my store.

What I picked up:

60% off - Nights of Azure 2 (Switch), Monster Hunter World (XB1), Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (XB1)

70% off - The End is Nigh (Switch), something else I can't remember, a bunch of Funko figures, some Amiibo, some Skylanders.

#1639 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2088 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:24 PM

For people that shop at the Castleon location in Indianapolis, a little note.I was just up there yesterday and the store is beginning to get very bare with alot of blocked off places.  You might wanna make one last trip, it feels like that store's end seems near.

Does anyone know when the date the stores are suppose to close?

Do they still have the endcap full of Metallica Funko Pops?  I think they were still at $7-$8 last time I was there.  Might grab a few if the price is right.

#1640 Awkward Silence  

Awkward Silence

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:06 PM

I got the Mii Fighter 3 pack for $7.50. I had been keeping an eye on it at my local store ever since the liquidation was announced, waiting until they dropped to a too-tempting price or if the stock started looking low (there was like 12 of them at the beginning). Kept checking weekly until I didn't go for a few weeks, and when I finally returned...they had apparently sold out (or at the very least lost in the mess as the store had gotten to be pretty unorganized by then.

I was quite dejected. But then a week later I went to the next closest store to check to see if they had any stock left, and sure enough they had well over 30, at $7.50. So I bit.

I might check again this weekend to see if they dropped even lower. If they did I might get some to flip (something I don't usually do, but I figure that this case is kind of an unique case).

#1641 Umyhoneycomb  

Umyhoneycomb

Posted 21 June 2018 - 11:40 PM

Anyone hit up the jersey city, nj and know if there is anything worth making the trip?

#1642 nintendolink007   I'm an cheapass ebayholic CAGiversary!   164 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

nintendolink007

Posted 22 June 2018 - 12:05 AM

https://twitter.com/...serp|twgr^tweet

Ah as soon as i asked, the next day i find out. Gotta love the 'net. Judging by the offical tweet from Toys R Us, they will be closing all stores on June 29. I'll be giving my last run sometime next week, hopefully i'll find at least one more thing to get before the end of the line. When i was up there, the line was so long, it was christmas eve long, and this was 4pm in the afternoon in the middle of the week,too.

Do they still have the endcap full of Metallica Funko Pops?  I think they were still at $7-$8 last time I was there.  Might grab a few if the price is right.

I think i saw those, but honestly it wasn't something i was looking for so dont hold it against me if i got that wrong.

#1643 battlingbastard   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

battlingbastard

Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:02 AM

Last days:

Monrovia, CA - June 27 (60%-80%) Some random XB1, XB360, PS4 games I never heard of, got Dropmix for $30

Alhambra, CA - June 29 (50%-70%) No games left, lot of cheap toys that don't even look TRU quality, must be close outs

#1644 aniousjoe   Mr. Ka-ra-teh CAGiversary!   836 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:24 AM

Wanted to get a women's WWE toy belt (for the winner of my FFL), but waited too long...

#1645 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   666 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:38 AM

Last days:

Monrovia, CA - June 27 (60%-80%) Some random XB1, XB360, PS4 games I never heard of, got Dropmix for $30

Alhambra, CA - June 29 (50%-70%) No games left, lot of cheap toys that don't even look TRU quality, must be close outs

Price was much better when those 2 near City of Industry even a month before they were closed (the original closing stores, not liquidation).

Now it's a week left and still only up to 70% off is a joke.

I went to the one in Alhambra on Wed, most were still 50% which you can find similar or better price online with return allowed.

#1646 SaraAB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5447 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:50 AM

Mine stopped taking cash payments on June 24th, so if you go after that day you will have to pay with a credit card.

#1647 EYEL1NER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1979 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:07 PM

I'd love to get Dropmix for $20, and my store has several dozen of them left, but I guess there's no 100% guarantee that they'll hit 80% or lower in the next few days if all door's close in a week's time. And I suppose even if they did hit 80% or 90% that there's no guarantee that I'd be able to make it in time before some reseller snapped them all up. I guess I'll probably get one of the $30 70% off ones. I did want it since it was announced so I'm not just getting it to get it, I actually do want it.

#1648 Crimson Angelus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   48 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Crimson Angelus

Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:52 PM

I'd love to get Dropmix for $20, and my store has several dozen of them left, but I guess there's no 100% guarantee that they'll hit 80% or lower in the next few days if all door's close in a week's time. And I suppose even if they did hit 80% or 90% that there's no guarantee that I'd be able to make it in time before some reseller snapped them all up. I guess I'll probably get one of the $30 70% off ones. I did want it since it was announced so I'm not just getting it to get it, I actually do want it.

I assume the last two days will see further reduction just to clear out some more. We shall see. You have to assume the liquidator paid relatively little for all stock and would prefer ditching as much as possible rather than shipping/storing/attempting to sell elsewhere. We’ll see in the next couple days.

#1649 DemonGamer24   Sniper, no sniping! CAGiversary!   231 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

DemonGamer24

Posted 23 June 2018 - 03:10 PM

Its definitely worth it for $30-40 if you have anyone to play with. I've had it since the end of last year, and just in the past month finally got my wife to play with me and we both have lots of fun with it. It's cool to connect to my receiver thru bluetooth to have the music playing thru my speakers while we play. I've purchased lots of card packs too. If you wanna wait, that's fine, but it'd suck if it sold out. Although I guess it has been on sale for $40-50 most places lately.

I paid $50 for mine in November.

#1650 Jurai  

Posted 23 June 2018 - 03:56 PM

Yeah it's almost always on sale for $50, definitely don't pay more than that