* * * * - 3 votes

Toys"R"Us TRU YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I

#1741 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   669 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:36 AM

It's odd to me that you're calling people fools for spending money on an experience they want and can afford. It's like people saying paying for games is foolish because they don't like games. It's a mute argument that amounts to "I don't understand so it's dumb".

There are still movies that give you better experience in theater like 3D IMAX, of course one can say you can make have a home theater but I've yet to see anyone has one at home that's anything comparable and the money spent can watch many movies in theater. I have a 3D TV and a very good sound system, but definitely can't compare.

Also, on a day of 105F+ outside, rather than running AC at home, grab a ticket and watch 2 or 3 movies in theater probably save enough electrical bill to cover the ticket.

#1742 Tweeg  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:45 AM

There are still movies that give you better experience in theater like 3D IMAX, of course one can say you can make have a home theater but I've yet to see anyone has one at home that's anything comparable and the money spent can watch many movies in theater. I have a 3D TV and a very good sound system, but definitely can't compare.

Also, on a day of 105F+ outside, rather than running AC at home, grab a ticket and watch 2 or 3 movies in theater probably save enough electrical bill to cover the ticket.

Let me introduce you to AVS Foroms, and the Home Theater of the month feature article. While I will concur that I've yet to see anyone recreate IMax at home, many of the Home Theaters the members of AVS have rival and even surpass the best a commercial theater has to offer.

https://www.avsforum...eekside-cinema/

#1743 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   669 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:38 PM

Let me introduce you to AVS Foroms, and the Home Theater of the month feature article. While I will concur that I've yet to see anyone recreate IMax at home, many of the Home Theaters the members of AVS have rival and even surpass the best a commercial theater has to offer.

https://www.avsforum...eekside-cinema/

I was a member there for years, though not active. I meant in person I haven't seen.. and also the cost