144hz Monitor worth it for NVIDIA GTX 1060?

yes, however you can usually get ten or more years out of a monitor, so theoretically it will be more useful later. However, this is a freesync monitor so I wouldn't recommend it if you're going to stick with NVIDIA cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, however you can usually get ten or more years out of a monitor, so theoretically it will be more useful later. However, this is a freesync monitor so I wouldn't recommend it if you're going to stick with NVIDIA cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for mentioning freesync, I'm looking into others now.

I ended up getting an ASUS VS278Q-P. As soon as it arrived today I unboxed it then proceeded to drop it right on the fuckin' screen lol. It wasn't damaged though, just had to readjust the base. The monitor is a monster compared to the old 19" TV I was using before.

The brightness on this thing though, my eyes! My eyes!

Would it be the same case for the 1060? I'm thinking of buying an extra monitor, not sure how to tell what framerates this PC can get based off it's hardware.
Doubtful, at least according to everything I've read. I do not have one so I cannot comment per se and I traded up to my 1080 before getting my monitor.

At 1080p, I'd say probably little difference in perception unless you were on a large screen or professional gamer.  Going to 1440 or 4k, different story all together.  I turn down the settings for GTA V with my 1080 if I hook it up to my 4k TV because I want that smooth (at least) 60 fps.

been awhile since I've checked this forum. I ended up purchasing a dell 27" 1440p 144hz monitor at $400. I also picked up a gtx 1080 ftw off a friend of mine for $300. This monitor is a good choice for the 1080 card, ultra settings on ghost recon and I'm around 75 fps on average. I'm still shopping for the x34 predator monitor at about $700 or less, although its probably not worth considering how much I actually game. 

As for 4k gaming on a 60hz tv I haven't tested the 1080 yet. I did try my 1070 and it was around 50 fps but that was the first time  trying and I didn't change settings.

1060 & 1070 I would recommend a 1080p 144hz monitor

1080 & 1080 ti 1440p 144hz

I'd wait till the 4k 144hz monitors start coming out,  also it was stated that a monitor can last years down the line. So if you plan upgrading your gpu go with a 1440p or 4k 100hz plus monitor. 

bread's done
Back