* * * * - 6 votes

Target Ad 3/5-3/11: B2G1 Free is back! Excludes Switch Games :(

B2G1 Target Switch Has Games?

#541 flipdog  

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:10 PM

or I know i`ll get crucified for saying this, return it to walmart and exchange it for tales

#542 CarlosX360   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   62 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

CarlosX360

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:12 PM

or I know i`ll get crucified for saying this, return it to walmart and exchange it for tales

Without receipt?

#543 flipdog  

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:16 PM

They prorate the games, they discount $20 per game to make, 20x3 = ur free game

#544 flipdog  

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:16 PM

yes walmart u can return 3 items a year w/o reciept, u just wont get cash back

#545 CarlosX360   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   62 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

CarlosX360

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:18 PM

yes walmart u can return 3 items a year w/o reciept, u just wont get cash back

Okay, I've made my decision. If Target doesn't help me through twitter in handling this situation, this is what I'll do.

I have good intentions, and my intentions are pure. I did not want this, but I will have to do it if I need to.

#546 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8647 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:22 PM

Scum return fraud, nice.

#547 dreamerabe   4 8 15 16 23 42 CAGiversary!   472 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

dreamerabe

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:09 AM

Okay, I've made my decision. If Target doesn't help me through twitter in handling this situation, this is what I'll do.

I have good intentions, and my intentions are pure. I did not want this, but I will have to do it if I need to.

Like flipdog said, just return the game at Target. You'll get $40+ back. That'll mean you got Horizon and NieR for $40 each. That's still a great fucking deal. You don't need to commit return fraud. While Walmart won't lose much since the game is still new, it's still an iffy thing to do.

#548 CarlosX360   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   62 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

CarlosX360

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:25 PM

Like flipdog said, just return the game at Target. You'll get $40+ back. That'll mean you got Horizon and NieR for $40 each. That's still a great fucking deal. You don't need to commit return fraud. While Walmart won't lose much since the game is still new, it's still an iffy thing to do.

I noticed that in my e-mails. I found out that the credit card was charged $43-ish each, including the 3rd game.

I picked up Wildlands (and no, I didn't forget to tell the person not to check it as pickup yet, they have tablets with them at all times in guest services, wtf), and Horizon. Thing is, I thought because Wildlands is (supposedly) $59.99 at checkout (both online, and in-store on shelves) it would have worked, but that was not the case. Long story short, I was told that Tales of Berseria is STILL $59.99 when you buy it. I'm surprised by this, because not only is this game 3 months old, I thought the price would have dropped. The person on the other side said the demand for Tales is so high, that's why it's kept that way, and that's why Target doesn't have it online. Her son even has one, so she knows it's a fucking good game. I'm standing there, shocked, confused, and tried to make the best, and most amical outcome. So, I took it as a return with credit at $43.50. I'm cool with that. I'm not losing sleep here because, at the end of the day, I'm only paying $80-ish for 3 games.

The person on the other end also said that nobody wants Wildlands, so the price is dropped on Target's system, so if this is true, then doing the Walmart switcheroo would have been worthless. So, I listened to her right away. It was a hint.

In my area, the next Walmart is about 5 cities away from me, hell no I'm not wasting all that time doing the switcheroo only to be disappointed. I've been disappointed enough as it is.

The other thing I learned from this is that, I think that Target is changing the exchange system on the fly. Even if I wanted to do this again, switching Wildlands to Tales of Berseria would have been impossible - they said that it has to be the same game (or the same value).

#549 CarlosX360   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   62 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

CarlosX360

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:12 AM

New update: Turns out my Target or Target Corporate did NOT refund my family's credit card. Now I am facing an "haha! You were wrong" argument. Okay, now I've officially learned my lesson, and am not going to try this B2G1 deal again unless I can have my own money or credit card. I'm being blamed for something that's not even my fault.

That's funny, isn't it, Target!?

I got my paycheck today, but I had to repay the entire payment of the credit card. Because it's credit.

#550 dreamerabe   4 8 15 16 23 42 CAGiversary!   472 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

dreamerabe

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:15 AM

New update: Turns out my Target or Target Corporate did NOT refund my family's credit card. Now I am facing an "haha! You were wrong" argument. Okay, now I've officially learned my lesson, and am not going to try this B2G1 deal again unless I can have my own money or credit card. I'm being blamed for something that's not even my fault.

That's funny, isn't it, Target!?

I got my paycheck today, but I had to repay the entire payment of the credit card. Because it's credit.

Just call Target or email them. They should be able to fix your problem.

#551 MusePrime   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   800 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:46 AM

I noticed that in my e-mails. I found out that the credit card was charged $43-ish each, including the 3rd game.

I picked up Wildlands (and no, I didn't forget to tell the person not to check it as pickup yet, they have tablets with them at all times in guest services, wtf), and Horizon. Thing is, I thought because Wildlands is (supposedly) $59.99 at checkout (both online, and in-store on shelves) it would have worked, but that was not the case. Long story short, I was told that Tales of Berseria is STILL $59.99 when you buy it. I'm surprised by this, because not only is this game 3 months old, I thought the price would have dropped. The person on the other side said the demand for Tales is so high, that's why it's kept that way, and that's why Target doesn't have it online. Her son even has one, so she knows it's a fucking good game. I'm standing there, shocked, confused, and tried to make the best, and most amical outcome. So, I took it as a return with credit at $43.50. I'm cool with that. I'm not losing sleep here because, at the end of the day, I'm only paying $80-ish for 3 games.

The person on the other end also said that nobody wants Wildlands, so the price is dropped on Target's system, so if this is true, then doing the Walmart switcheroo would have been worthless. So, I listened to her right away. It was a hint.

In my area, the next Walmart is about 5 cities away from me, hell no I'm not wasting all that time doing the switcheroo only to be disappointed. I've been disappointed enough as it is.

The other thing I learned from this is that, I think that Target is changing the exchange system on the fly. Even if I wanted to do this again, switching Wildlands to Tales of Berseria would have been impossible - they said that it has to be the same game (or the same value).

Price match it to another retailer.  (If it's cheaper elsewhere)

#552 CarlosX360   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   62 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

CarlosX360

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:49 PM

New update for the curious...

You are now connected to Oscar.
Oscar:Thanks for shopping on Target.com. My name is Oscar. How can I help you?
Carlos: Hello. I purchased a game during this month's B2G1 sale...
Oscar: Hello Carlos! I appreciate you contacting Target.com Guest Services.
Oscar: Absolutely. I will gladly check that for you right away. May I please have your order number and full name?
Carlos: But this "purchase" was the third game, the free one, yet it was charged to my credit card.
Carlos: order # [Blanked Out]
Oscar: Thank you.
Carlos: Carlos Morales, the 3RD Game was charged to my card. I paid off the credit card, but all I am asking is to rectify the situation.
Oscar: Absolutely.
Carlos: I paid it off, to avoid damaging the credit on my card.
Oscar: Thank you so much to share all this information with me.
Oscar: I understand. I'll get the right information for you. Please, don't worry about it. I'll definitely do my best to help you with it. Would you mind waiting for a minute or two, while I check into this?
Oscar: Thanks for waiting. I appreciate your patience.
Oscar: We have a few different types of promotions. Each is applied to your order a little differently and each may have their own set of exclusions.
Oscar: Because free GiftCards are shipped separately, we need to assign a value to the item in order to ship it to you. It may appear as though you’re being charged for the item or GiftCard, but you’ll notice that other items in your order were assigned a discounted rate. So although you were charged for the GiftCard, you received discounts on other items totaling the promotional value. Because the items ship separately, you’ll notice two separate authorizations on your payment method.
Oscar: Keep in mind, this will reduce the value of each item, in the event you return one of the items.
Oscar: Your total amount is for $130.48, this amount was just devided in 3 different ones $43.49, $43.50 and $43.49 but it doesn't mean you were charged more than the total amount.
Carlos: Right. I have no problem with that, the problem is, even if I got the giftcard, the charge was still there. It was not right. Corporate should have looked after the 3rd one, since it was free. I had to pay it off, despite getting the gift card. Which is utterly disgusting.
Oscar: I completely understand. I really really apologize for any inconvenience. It may appear as though you’re being charged for the item or GiftCard, but you’ll notice that other items in your order were assigned a discounted rate. But also, you are right on what you are saying.
Carlos: So, what it looks like, is I bought something that's SUPPOSED to be free. That's what this is about. I understand being repaid as gift card, so I could buy the game I intended to purchase (the game was not available online).
Carlos: And the worst part is, originally, I "ordered" the games as $59.99 EACH, so imagine my surprise when I discovered all of this on my own.
Carlos: That's including the 3RD game.
Oscar: But the total amount is for $130.48, this amount was just devided in 3 different ones $43.49, $43.50 and $43.49 but it doesn't mean you were charged more than the total amount. But we reduced the value of each item, in the event you return one of the items.
Carlos: So, I guess I lost then. Nothing can be done anymore.
Oscar: It's not that. Let's say that Target updates our policies and we are no longer assigning a value to the promotional items. Scammers would be buying items which come with a promotional item and then returning them, this way they get a full refund for the item and besides that they stay with the promotional item. That's why we do it this way.
Carlos: Them scums. -_- Always hurting the real consumers. I intended to purchase Tales of Berseria, but it wasn't online. I really, really wish it was online at the time, otherwise I wouldn't have to go through this. Now I have to wait for a sale at Target.
Oscar: I really really apologize for any inconvenience. I wish I could have another option but that's what Target policy states. I'm truly sorry about it.
Carlos: My intended B2G1 package was Horizon (PS4), Nier Automata (PS4), and Tales of Berseria (PS4). I guess I won't do the B2G1 sale again.
Carlos: AND GODDAMNIT, have all games available during sales like this.
Carlos: This would have been avoided if you guys had the game available for sale. Buy games in baches, if you need to. Sheesh.
Carlos: Well, thanks for explaining. let me C&P.
Oscar: My apologies.

I guess I'll have to hold onto my giftcard, wait for a good price, and price match.