* * * * - 6 votes

Target Ad 3/5-3/11: B2G1 Free is back! Excludes Switch Games :(

B2G1 Target Switch Has Games?

#31 MusePrime   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   795 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:24 AM

If you have GCU you could always try price matching at target. I've always gotten lucky had my target price match Bestbuy GCU prices. I might take back my copy of Nioh and resident evil 7 that I got from bestbuy and purchase Nioh and Horizon and get Nier or Zelda Wii U. 

Here's the best combo

Nioh  + RE7 get Horizon free

Nier + Mass effect andromeda get zelda free

Got a strange feeling there will be a cartwheel coming out that same wheel ya'll. Switch launches that weekend. There are going to be a lot of gamers who be popping into target hoping to get one. But won't be able to get one. Not to mention a bunch of new games. What better way to keep one ones who weren't able to snag a switch than to offer a buy 2 get one free with redcard and cartwheel promo. 

#32 SukhShanti  

SukhShanti

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:26 AM

If you have GCU you could always try price matching at target. I've always gotten lucky had my target price match Bestbuy GCU prices. I might take back my copy of Nioh that I got from bestbuy and purchase Nioh and Horizon and get Nier or Zelda Wii U. 

At my Targets they use their own tablet to Price Match so unless they let me login with my GCU account, I don't see how this is possible.

#33 WittyNickname   Ne'er-do-well CAGiversary!   328 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

WittyNickname

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:39 AM

I saw it asked upthread but didn't see a definitive answer: can we or can't we use this for preorder titles?

I sincerely doubt it, but it'd sure be nice.

#34 MusePrime   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   795 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:44 AM

At my Targets they use their own tablet to Price Match so unless they let me login with my GCU account, I don't see how this is possible.

Yeah I've gotten lucky and always brought it up on my phone. Honestly this is a big indication that the switch (And obviously this is nintendo's M.O) that there won't be any non-preordered Switches available.  I'm calling it though a B2G1 free with cartwheel and redcard discounts.

#35 MusePrime   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   795 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:46 AM

I saw it asked upthread but didn't see a definitive answer: can we or can't we use this for preorder titles?

I sincerely doubt it, but it'd sure be nice.

I'm gonna say mostly likely but don't expect it to be like the holiday. Lots of buyers were able to buy 2 get one free and cancel the two and still get the one for free.

#36 WittyNickname   Ne'er-do-well CAGiversary!   328 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

WittyNickname

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:57 AM

I'm gonna say mostly likely but don't expect it to be like the holiday. Lots of buyers were able to buy 2 get one free and cancel the two and still get the one for free.

Not what I'm talking about at all. That's not a deal, that's just theft.

#37 MusePrime   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   795 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:59 AM

Not what I'm talking about at all. That's not a deal, that's just theft.

I wasnt saying you were.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

#38 MusePrime   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   795 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:02 AM

I also meant its probably been altered. Because people were doing it.

#39 WittyNickname   Ne'er-do-well CAGiversary!   328 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

WittyNickname

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:04 AM

Ah, I see.

Jerks ruin this stuff for the rest of us, too often.

#40 Troe123  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:12 AM

Yup, even with RedCard puts you at $38 per game vs $36 with BBY GCU and VCO plus you get BBY points. I get the feeling this will keep coming back every couple months or so at the rate they are going right now.

For some states going digital also means no tax (e.g., CA). Just something to keep in mind.

#41 The Assassin   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

The Assassin

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:15 AM

Yeah I've gotten lucky and always brought it up on my phone. Honestly this is a big indication that the switch (And obviously this is nintendo's M.O) that there won't be any non-preordered Switches available.  I'm calling it though a B2G1 free with cartwheel and redcard discounts.

I'm assuming this is a YMMV deal & not a definite thing in every store. If Target would price match GCU with this offer than I would prob get a few games. It doesn't make sense for me to purchase games anywhere but Best Buy or sometimes Amazon to save good money with the exception of if there's a really good deal that I couldn't pass up somewhere else.

#42 MusePrime   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   795 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:30 AM

For some states going digital also means no tax (e.g., CA). Just something to keep in mind.

Very true. Wish steam sold digital version of games in store

#43 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6722 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:32 AM

I'm surprised there isn't any arguments about math yet...
  • Ros likes this

#44 MusePrime   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   795 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:33 AM

Then again doesnt target do origin?

#45 Owlmanus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   360 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:51 AM

I have a question guys. I can buy a PS4 game and a 3ds game and get a 3ds game for free right?

#46 MusePrime   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   795 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:52 AM

I have a question guys. I can buy a PS4 game and a 3ds game and get a 3ds game for free right?

Yeah

#47 scblueeyedguy   Future Gadget Laboratory Technician CAGiversary!   2739 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

scblueeyedguy

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:55 AM

I wonder if I can use my raincheck for 2 Ezio collections for $19.99 with the B2G1.

#48 ghost1914  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:26 AM

Looks like I'll be grabbing nier and probably 2 copies of ghost recon for pc

#49 frosty47   Banned Banned   854 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

frosty47

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:28 AM

I'm surprised there isn't any arguments about math yet...

no, but.... Garth Brooks!!!

#50 The Assassin   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

The Assassin

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:31 AM

When does Best Buy usually do B2G1 free deals outside of Christmas time? 

#51 MusePrime   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   795 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:05 AM

Late spring to early summer

#52 MusePrime   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   795 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:11 AM

Oh and after xmas. This sale is clearly to keep the frenzy going for switch launch.

#53 TnAdct1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   115 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:19 AM

I'm tempted to pick up Horizon if it gets good reviews, and while the "must purchases" in the next couple of weeks will not be part of the sale (I can't use the sale for Switch games, Target usually doesn't get the Atelier games), I'm sure there's two other games that could fit the list.

#54 unFunGames  

unFunGames

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:32 AM

You should game share ,unless you're against going digital.

Really against digital, but we did try to game share something digital (I can't recall what it is) and it was confusing and didn't work out

#55 Hmniphoto   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Hmniphoto

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:46 AM

Im new whats the deal with the VCO?

If you have the GCU aren't the games $32 a piece? 2 x 47.99 divided by 3

#56 ghost1914  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:21 AM

I'm tempted to pick up Horizon if it gets good reviews, and while the "must purchases" in the next couple of weeks will not be part of the sale (I can't use the sale for Switch games, Target usually doesn't get the Atelier games), I'm sure there's two other games that could fit the list.

I'm going to assume you don't frequent many gaming media sites.

#57 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4101 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:51 AM

Did they exclude Switch games since there isn't 3 games anyone would want at launch? Hey-o! Zinger!

#58 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6722 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:51 AM

Did they exclude Switch games since there isn't 3 games anyone would want at launch? Hey-o! Zinger!

took long enough for someone to say this

#59 Troe123  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:18 AM

Kinda off topic but what's the buzz about the new Ghost Recon game? I've been kinda lukewarm about Ubisoft games for a while and haven't heard much about it until recently.

#60 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:01 AM

Kinda off topic but what's the buzz about the new Ghost Recon game? I've been kinda lukewarm about Ubisoft games for a while and haven't heard much about it until recently.

Kinda lukewarm seems to be what I've heard so far. Open beta goes live in four hours and can be downloaded now if you want to try it yourself.