* * * * - 6 votes

Target Ad 3/5-3/11: B2G1 Free is back! Excludes Switch Games :(

B2G1 Target Switch Has Games?

#61 chestnutticus6d9  

chestnutticus6d9

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:48 AM

Did they exclude Switch games since there isn't 3 games anyone would want at launch? Hey-o! Zinger!

They did it so no one would be able to own all the launch titles at one time.

#62 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3782 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:15 PM

I'm surprised there isn't any arguments about math yet...

common core is an abomination!

#63 Denogginizer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Denogginizer

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:57 PM

If you use the red card to purchase 3 games that cost $59.99, your cost per game before tax will be $37.99 (a savings of $22 per game or 37% off MSRP).

Without a red card, the cost per game before tax is $39.99 or a savings of $20 pre game or 33% off of MSRP.

I plan to use this promotion to buy Horizon, Yakuza, and Zelda BOTW for WiiU.

#64 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3782 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:10 PM

Be sure to use ebates or swagbucks for dem pennies

#65 blackwaltz34   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1333 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

blackwaltz34

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:37 PM

I should probably hold off considering I'll be playing my Switch during that time, but I do have a $25 target GC I've been sitting on.

Will go with three of Nier, Horizon, Yakuza 0, and Ni-oh.

#66 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4425 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:10 PM

May have to hold off on Horizon at launch now so I can pick up Horizon, Nier, and Nioh with this deal. 

#67 Denogginizer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Denogginizer

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:25 PM

The concerning issue for me is Yazuza is not being sold in any store near me, Horizon is currently only available in store, and Zelda WiiU may be severely supply limited. Guess I will find out next Sunday.

#68 mw2roach1  

mw2roach1

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:26 PM

I think I'll get RE7, Nioh, and Horizon (the new one, not the car one) for the PS4. With redcard that would be 38 each.

how for 38?

#69 FatBoyInside   Money costs too much CAGiversary!   2562 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

FatBoyInside

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:38 PM

how for 38?

(120 - 5%) / 3 = 38 

#70 dreamerabe   4 8 15 16 23 42 CAGiversary!   472 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

dreamerabe

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:40 PM

It'll be Horizon, Nier, and Mass Effect: Andromeda for me. Thanks Ferrari for the heads up.

#71 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! Banned   1790 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:04 PM

why do people think Zelda on Wii U will be hard to find?

most people don't have a Wii U and the hardcore Nintendo fans will buy it on Switch

#72 ninj4junpei   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

ninj4junpei

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:05 PM

This will be a good opportunity to clean up on Wii U games if they aren't removed before then.

#73 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2959 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:26 PM

most people don't have a Wii U and the hardcore Nintendo fans will buy it on Switch

Yeah Nintendo is GREAT with supply and demand so it's guaranteed there will be enough copies floating around, right?

#74 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4425 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:31 PM

Probably because Twilight Princess on Gamecube was harder to find when it came out and I am sure Nintendo anticipates the Wii U version to be less popular. I unfortunately am low on funds at the moment and can't afford to buy Zelda on Wii U along with the Switch, Horizon, and Mass Effect out soon. I'll definitely try to pick it up eventually though to round out my Wii U collection. 

#75 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:59 PM

How do you think your gonna get Mass Effect with this deal when it doesnt come out until the 21st, and these usually do not work with preorders unless there is a glitch.  And seeing as how Target prorates returns not like you can really return a game 2 weeks after the sale and get ME either sooo yeah really dont get how you are planning on doing this.

#76 MusePrime   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   795 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:25 AM

How do you think your gonna get Mass Effect with this deal when it doesnt come out until the 21st, and these usually do not work with preorders unless there is a glitch. And seeing as how Target prorates returns not like you can really return a game 2 weeks after the sale and get ME either sooo yeah really dont get how you are planning on doing this.

Actually they do work. Lots of people preorder red dead 2 last 2 for 1

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

#77 TheKbob   Rock On, Duder CAGiversary!   1312 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:20 AM

I really want Horizon, Nioh, and Yakuza, but trying to find a store that has them seems rough.  Will this work online?  Any pro-tips on tracking the lot down? 

#78 ucantcme69   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   414 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

ucantcme69

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:12 AM

This is actually kind of great. I wanted 2 copies of Ghost Recon so me and my kid can play it together (2 XB1's in the house) but I sure didn't want to pay $130 for them both

Go digital and game share then you only need to buy one copy at that point. I was doing the exact same thing until I discovered game share

#79 ucantcme69   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   414 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

ucantcme69

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:22 AM

Really against digital, but we did try to game share something digital (I can't recall what it is) and it was confusing and didn't work out

All you do is make the opposite console your home console. Took me maybe 5 minutes to set it up in my home and now we each have access to each other's digital libraries. Id much rather spend $60 at worst on a new game then $120 every time a multiplayer game is out

#80 ucantcme69   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   414 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

ucantcme69

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:26 AM

Actually they do work. Lots of people preorder red dead 2 last 2 for 1

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Thats awesome if thats the case. I'm looking at picking up quite a few if you can get preorders on digital for our household. *crosses fingers*

Edit:

Actually it doesn't look like they put up digital games that far out. Bummer. I get all my multiplayer games digitally to avoid paying for 2 copies every time. Looks like ill just have to wait some of those out. That being said going to pickup for honor, ghost recon wildlands, and likely nioh or nier

#81 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! Banned   1790 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:38 AM

Yeah Nintendo is GREAT with supply and demand so it's guaranteed there will be enough copies floating around, right?

but my point is there won't be that much demand for a Wii U game, so there should be enough supply

i could be wrong but i don't think Zelda games sell that well, nothing like Mario games

skyward sword didn't sell that great considering the amount of people that owned a Wii

#82 dreamerabe   4 8 15 16 23 42 CAGiversary!   472 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

dreamerabe

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:43 AM

Really against digital, but we did try to game share something digital (I can't recall what it is) and it was confusing and didn't work out

I'm a strong proponent of physical media as well, but in your case I agree with ucantseeme69: I think you're better off with getting the multiplayer games digitally instead. You're gonna save a lot of dough that way.

#83 ucantcme69   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   414 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

ucantcme69

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:05 AM

I'm a strong proponent of physical media as well, but in your case I agree with ucantseeme69: I think you're better off with getting the multiplayer games digitally instead. You're gonna save a lot of dough that way.

Thats the reason why I did it. Any game my gf wont play I will get physically typically with BB. Otherwise man I was so mad when I actually found out about it. I dropped serious coin on Halo, Gears, Overwatch, Battlefield, cod, and im sure other things last year alone. Ouch

#84 braiiins   Braiiins CAGiversary!   1174 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:17 AM

Does anyone know if this sale would ring up for season pass cards as well? There are a couple I'd consider getting if it does work.

#85 CaoPi   (Chou Pei) Mousou nut, KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10722 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:27 AM

What are the chances of price matching on top of this promo? I've never done a PM along with Target's B2G1 promo, so wondering if system actually honors it?

#86 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2800 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:31 AM

Going to pick up some of the junk wii u titles for sure.

#87 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:15 PM

What are the chances of price matching on top of this promo? I've never done a PM along with Target's B2G1 promo, so wondering if system actually honors it?

System has allowed it in the past but associates are technically supposed to deny it.

#88 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:25 PM

The same thing happened with TP on Gamecube.  I never saw that game on the shelves new.  I only ever saw the Wii version.

There are only about half the number of Wii Us sold as Gamecubes sold.  Nintendo wants to kill off this failure and pin its success on the Switch.  They're only releasing it on Wii U because 1) that was the system it was originally developed for; 2) they promised it to Wii U owners on multiple occasions, so failure to actually release a promised AAA like Zelda would be a PR disaster; and 3) Failure to release BoW on Wii U would've made the Wii U the only Nintendo console (home and portable, except for Virtual Boy) to have a new Zelda game.  In fact, it and VB will be the only Ninty systems to not have an exclusive Zelda title.  Sad!

#89 unFunGames  

unFunGames

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:39 PM

That's true. Also, something like Ghost Recon is going to be $5 in a couple of years, so if I ever wanted the physical copy I could just get it used at gamestop

#90 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3782 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:54 PM

Ju vanna play da Sweeeetch but ju no vanna pay da pryce