The 13th Annual CAG March Madness Contest - Sign-up Now Until Tipoff on 3/16! Picks Open 3/12!

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
The FirstSecondThirdFourthFifthSixthSeventhEighthNinthTenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth Annual March Madness contests have gone very well with all of them going down to the wire in determining the winners. I've got a few games to add to the prize pool right now and will be adding more before signups are over, though I would love to have some donated games from generous CAGs to help add to the pool. I'd prefer new, sealed games, but would accept opened games as long as they're mint and complete, [customspoiler='Spoiler']meaning that they look like they've only had the plastic ripped off with little to no scratches on the disc.[/customspoiler] If you'd like to donate games, please PM me. This contest will be conducted through Yahoo's Tourney Pick-'em set-up, which streamlines the process and just lets everyone worry about their picks. You can find the quick link to the group here.

Current Prize Pool - More on the Way!

12 month PS+ or XBL Gold Code - FriskyTanuki
$20 BB, Nintendo, or PSN Card Code - pablo escobar
:pc: A Virus Named Tom Steam code - FriskyTanuki
:pc: Beat Hazard Ultra Steam code - FriskyTanuki
:wiiu: Bit.Trip Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien code - FriskyTanuki
:ps4: Call of Duty Ghosts - Sealed - FriskyTanuki
:wiiu: or :3ds: Citizens of Earth code - FriskyTanuki
:wiiu: Darksiders II code - FriskyTanuki
:xb1: Dead Rising 3 - Like New - FriskyTanuki
:ps4: Deus Ex Mankind Divided - Like New - FriskyTanuki
:ps3: Devil May Cry HD Collection code - FriskyTanuki
:wiiu: The Fall code - FriskyTanuki
:ps3: Final Fight Double Impact code - FriskyTanuki
:wiiu: Freedom Planet code - FriskyTanuki
:xb1: Gears of War 1/2/3/Judgment Codes - FriskyTanuki
:pc: Guacamelee! Gold Edition Steam code - FriskyTanuki
:wiiu: Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition code - FriskyTanuki
:pc: Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition Steam code - FriskyTanuki
:3ds: Gunman Clive code - FriskyTanuki
:ps4: Infamous: Second Son - Like New - FriskyTanuki
:ps4: The Last of Us Remastered - Like New - FriskyTanuki
:ps3: Lost Planet 3 code - FriskyTanuki
:ps3: Mega Man 9 & 10 Combo Pack code - FriskyTanuki
:ps4: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - Like New - FriskyTanuki
:3ds: Mighty Switch Force! code - FriskyTanuki
:ps4: MLB The Show 16 - Like New - FriskyTanuki
:3ds: Moon Chronicles Episode 1 code - FriskyTanuki
:pc: Mushroom 11 Steam code #1 - Shojsauce
:pc: Mushroom 11 Steam code #2 - Shojsauce
:3ds: Nano Assault EX code - FriskyTanuki
:pc: Octodad Dadliest Catch Steam code - FriskyTanuki
:ps3: Okami HD code - FriskyTanuki
:wiiu: :3ds: OlliOlli code - FriskyTanuki
:wiiu: :3ds: [2nd] OlliOlli code - FriskyTanuki
:pc: One Piece Pirate Warrior 3 Steam Code - Shojsauce
:ps4: Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 - Like New - FriskyTanuki
:pc: Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut Steam code - FriskyTanuki
:ps3: Remember Me code - FriskyTanuki
:ps4: or :ps3: Resident Evil 0 Remastered code - FriskyTanuki
:ps4: or :ps3: Resident Evil HD code - FriskyTanuki
:3ds: Retro City Rampage DX (Game & Theme) codes - FriskyTanuki
:3ds: Rhythm Thief & the Emporer's Treasure code - FriskyTanuki
:pc: Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball Steam code - FriskyTanuki
:wiiu: Runbow code - FriskyTanuki
:xb1: Ryse: Son of Rome - Like New - FriskyTanuki
:wiiu: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse code - FriskyTanuki
:pc: Song of the Deep Steam code - FriskyTanuki
:wiiu: Sportsball code - FriskyTanuki
:pc: The Stanley Parable Steam code - FriskyTanuki
:pc: Stardew Valley Steam code - FriskyTanuki
:wiiu: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones code - FriskyTanuki
:wiiu: SteamWorld Dig code - FriskyTanuki
:3ds: SteamWorld Dig code - FriskyTanuki
:ps4: or :ps3: Strider code - FriskyTanuki
:pc: Super Hexagon Steam code - FriskyTanuki
:ps3: Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - FriskyTanuki
:ps3: Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix code - FriskyTanuki
:3ds: Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition code - FriskyTanuki
:pc: Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP Steam code - FriskyTanuki
:pc: The Swapper Steam code - FriskyTanuki
:wiiu: Swords & Soldiers II code - FriskyTanuki
:pc: Thirty Flights of Loving Steam code - FriskyTanuki
:ps4: Titanfall 2 - Like New - FriskyTanuki
:wiiu: :3ds: Tom Nook Amiibo - Sealed - FriskyTanuki
:pc: Total War: Warhammer Steam code - Shojsauce
:pc: Tower of Guns Steam code - FriskyTanuki
:ps4: Until Dawn - Like New - FriskyTanuki
:pc: VVVVVV Steam code - FriskyTanuki
:pc: Waking Mars Steam code - FriskyTanuki
:ps4: The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - Like New - FriskyTanuki
:3ds: Woah Dave! code - FriskyTanuki

:ps3: Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 code - FriskyTanuki

:pc: World of Goo Steam code - FriskyTanuki

Will have more to add to the pool over the coming days as I gather more items for the pool.

Right now, the tourney itself is still being set up and will be set in stone on Selection Sunday (check out ESPN or whoever else that's doing coverage). However, in the meanwhile, you can sign up and join the CAG group to reserve your spot. The deadline to get your picks in is five minutes before the first game starts on Thursday, March 16.

Entry Guide: Just head to here to create your bracket and then go here and enter the group ID# (7079) and password (garthshipwreck) to sign up and join the group. The only thing I require of you is to post here if your pick set name or Yahoo ID doesn't match your CAG ID so that I know it's you.

If I see people who haven't done this the Wednesday night before the tournament starts (March 15), you will be booted. I will have a list of everyone involved, so you have to be on the list to be eligible to win. I will make a check on the list to line up everyone the night before tipoff and boot anyone I cannot link to a CAG username, so you will have a chance to get back in if you let me know who you are. I will make the final sweep just before tipoff and kick any stragglers left on the list. I thought I didn't need to say this, but only one bracket is allowed per CAG. If I catch anybody with two brackets, both will be kicked out if they do not remove one of them.

Two years ago, Yahoo started allowing people to join groups after the tipoff, so I will be changing the password when tipoff happens to prevent late joiners from crashing the party. I would also prefer that those entering the contest be from the United States and Canada to minimize shipping costs and the chances of shipment errors. I also have the ability to alter the rules if other changes to Yahoo's Tourney rules have been made that interfere with the ones for the contest. The group can hold up to 500 people, so I think we'll have enough for anyone that wants to join. If we do reach that total, I'll create a new group for the rest of the CAGs that want to enter.

I will probably pick winners the same way I did last year: the top 3 scorers will get prizes. Depending on how many prizes there are, the top winner will get first pick on the list, then second place, and third place gets what's left. Any donators that win will be barred from choosing their own prizes.

Feel free to chat about the tourney, your team's chances, and all that fun stuff once you sign up. If you have any questions post here. Good luck to everyone that enters.

Also, keep your posts civil and mature. If you can't do that, then don't post in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm joining this year...haven't done it before but a regular on here and always making terrible broken brackets. Mine is similar to this name...nitromob instead of nitrosmob. Lets all have fun!

I can't believe I've been a member of the forums since 2005 and have managed to miss this every year...

I will be joining this year. I will sign up sometime tonight when I get home from work.

Edit: Joined the group. My team name is il Radd's Madness

What do I win for last place?

Haven't watched a game in 2017 and maybe three or four all year so I'll probably go perfect this year.

Edit- I went pure coin flip this year and wound up with St. Mary's beating Winthrop 68-5 in the final after advancing past Wisconsin and Oklahoma State!

Joined. Bracket is same as username, cgw1710.

2016- 29th out of 89
2015- 40th out of 93 
2014- 40th out of 77
2013- 48th out of 116
2012- 10th out of 114
2011- 5th out of 141
2009- 21st out of 165
2008- 128th out of 145

Hey.  Thanks for doing this again!  My Yahoo username is Paulwekiva (shows up as Paul?) but my bracket name is "This may not end well...".  Thanks again!

I'm really struggling between who to put in the final 4 and championship. I honestly think all the top teams have some flaws....so some are too close to call in my head....will have to go with my gut.

bread's done
Back