* * * * * 1 votes

No Man's Sky - Limited Edition - PlayStation 4 $35.97 @ Amazon Prime Now Los Angeles / Miami / More

#1 wirtsleg   moar cowbell CAGiversary!   3014 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2017 - 06:17 AM

No Man's Sky - Limited Edition - PlayStation 4 $35.97 @ Amazon Prime Now

Los Angeles 

Miami

Minneapolis and St. Paul
Richmond
Virginia Beach

5IiuoZ1.jpg

tip is recommended

#2 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44269 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:38 AM

Worth it? Also why is tip recommended?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#3 Mrclark2  

Mrclark2

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:57 PM

Worth it? Also why is tip recommended?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Because its prime now, and not regular amazon delivery.

I wouldnt tip though because I dislike the whole idea of when I spend money on something that I am also expected to just give extra money on top of it for real reason at all beyond someone is bringing it to me. It isnt like some person is bringing me something as a favor, they arent obligated to, or anything like that they, its their job to bring it to me. If I ask a friend to do something I show appreciation by doing them a favor in return or find something to give them in appreciation but when it comes to someones job at a company to bring me something? Or a waiter where its their job to bring something? Hell no. We need to do what they do in europe where people are paid better for jobs like that and they have no tipping and many countries its appreciated but not expected nor as much as it is here. Jesus everyone wants a handout here, cant turn around without seeing a tip jar someplace or someone trying to find a way to squeeze out a little more money from me.

I work as a engineer for a large hotel and couple days ago a guest had a air unit that the heat wouldnt come on in, so I ended up having to replace the relay on the heater side, they tried to give me 10 bucks and I refused it because I felt bad taking money from someone for doing what the hotel pays me to do.

Tips are a scam by companies that dont want to pay their employees better wages so they use guilt as a means to get paying customers to make up the difference.

Damn I ran off the rails there.

Its worth it if you want a game thats pretty much only about exploring worlds, collecting stuff and so on. I liked it a lot because it felt like I was exploring worlds from scifi paperback book covers from the 70s and 80s. I found it relaxing. A lot of micro management in it also, researching, finding things and so on. Its a game where I play it for an hour at a time for months and months in between playing other games to completetion. I could see it getting boring if you just played it constantly. Just dont expect a lot of action. This is not a game for someone with a shitty attention span.

#4 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:47 PM

Because its prime now, and not regular amazon delivery.

I wouldnt tip though because I dislike the whole idea of when I spend money on something that I am also expected to just give extra money on top of it for real reason at all beyond someone is bringing it to me. It isnt like some person is bringing me something as a favor, they arent obligated to, or anything like that they, its their job to bring it to me. If I ask a friend to do something I show appreciation by doing them a favor in return or find something to give them in appreciation but when it comes to someones job at a company to bring me something? Or a waiter where its their job to bring something? Hell no. We need to do what they do in europe where people are paid better for jobs like that and they have no tipping and many countries its appreciated but not expected nor as much as it is here. Jesus everyone wants a handout here, cant turn around without seeing a tip jar someplace or someone trying to find a way to squeeze out a little more money from me.

I work as a engineer for a large hotel and couple days ago a guest had a air unit that the heat wouldnt come on in, so I ended up having to replace the relay on the heater side, they tried to give me 10 bucks and I refused it because I felt bad taking money from someone for doing what the hotel pays me to do.

Tips are a scam by companies that dont want to pay their employees better wages so they use guilt as a means to get paying customers to make up the difference.

Damn I ran off the rails there.

Its worth it if you want a game thats pretty much only about exploring worlds, collecting stuff and so on. I liked it a lot because it felt like I was exploring worlds from scifi paperback book covers from the 70s and 80s. I found it relaxing. A lot of micro management in it also, researching, finding things and so on. Its a game where I play it for an hour at a time for months and months in between playing other games to completetion. I could see it getting boring if you just played it constantly. Just dont expect a lot of action. This is not a game for someone with a shitty attention span.

makes you a douche really.

tipping is what makes delivery worthwhile for anything. tipped jobs here pay far better than minimum wage which is what they would be making otherwise. assuming Prime now is like that(I have no idea), then you are a douche if you do not tip.

if prime now drivers however get 13 an hour or something and arent driving their own cars(another reason to tip your delivery people is that they often have to abuse their own cars), then yeah not tipping isnt bad. but if it is a standard delievery of making 5 an hour or something while driving their own car then you are a douche for not tipping. plain and simple.

but that said a pizza driver or something can make far more because of tips than they would if they made 10 an hour.

#5 ItachiUchiha   Of the Mangekyo Sharingan CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

ItachiUchiha

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:39 PM

makes you a douche really.

tipping is what makes delivery worthwhile for anything. tipped jobs here pay far better than minimum wage which is what they would be making otherwise. assuming Prime now is like that(I have no idea), then you are a douche if you do not tip.

if prime now drivers however get 13 an hour or something and arent driving their own cars(another reason to tip your delivery people is that they often have to abuse their own cars), then yeah not tipping isnt bad. but if it is a standard delievery of making 5 an hour or something while driving their own car then you are a douche for not tipping. plain and simple.

but that said a pizza driver or something can make far more because of tips than they would if they made 10 an hour.

$5 an hour? If the minimum wage where you live is $5 an hour then the cost of living is calculated into that... TLDR: They'll live...

Also, They ARE driving company vehicles and company provided gas, and they ARE getting paid $13-15 an hour....

So I'll keep my $5 tip, thanks :D/

Side note: Isn't this the game that everyone calls the wannabee Astroneer? Or the game that Astroneer did better with?

#6 menikmati   Isolation, self-damnation CAGiversary!   3586 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:59 AM

Prime Now drivers get an hourly wage and use their own vehicles.

#7 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:23 AM

Prime Now drivers get an hourly wage and use their own vehicles.

if this is true, then well it depends what their hourly wage is(aka is the job a tipping job) and then the wear and tear on their car....if you are abusing the hell out of your own car to deliever crap, then you need to make at least 15 an hour to make this even half way worthwhile and in your higher cost of living liberal states, this needs to be even higher than 15 an hour. at which point, if the job itself isnt paying that, then whoever doesnt tip is a douche.

the wear and tear on the personal car can be quite high....but hey if folks want same day order delivery then they need to be willing to pay for it.

$5 an hour? If the minimum wage where you live is $5 an hour then the cost of living is calculated into that... TLDR: They'll live...

Also, They ARE driving company vehicles and company provided gas, and they ARE getting paid $13-15 an hour....

So I'll keep my $5 tip, thanks  :D/

Side note: Isn't this the game that everyone calls the wannabee Astroneer? Or the game that Astroneer did better with?

people who make tips ALWAYS(99% of the time in the states) make below minimum wage.  its almost like you have no concept of tipping jobs. 

#8 theheroweneed  

theheroweneed

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:25 AM

I have never met a non-tipper who tells the person they aren't going to tip before services are rendered.

#9 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:31 AM

I have never met a non-tipper who tells the person they aren't going to tip before services are rendered.

exactly....they dont want the the delivery guy to screw them....and trust me, delievery guys if they have to go to non-tippers often enough, will screw those folks. 

#10 Dragonaxe3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   363 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Dragonaxe3

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:53 AM

Well fortunately for anyone who uses prime now and doesn't want to tip, they can't see their tip on the order, and they're not supposed to take cash tips. Which sucks because the best part of any tipping job is not claiming most of it on your taxes.

#11 Count Van Ghoul   Past The Mission CAGiversary!   1155 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Count Van Ghoul

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:50 PM

exactly....they dont want the the delivery guy to screw them....and trust me, delievery guys if they have to go to non-tippers often enough, will screw those folks.

How professional of them. That sounds like those McDonald's employees that were whining for twenty bucks an hour to flip greasy mystery meat. It's our fault you don't know how to live... Why again?

(I love how NO ONE cares about this deal BTW. More like No Man BUY!).

#12 menikmati   Isolation, self-damnation CAGiversary!   3586 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:25 PM

if this is true, then well it depends what their hourly wage is(aka is the job a tipping job) and then the wear and tear on their car....if you are abusing the hell out of your own car to deliever crap, then you need to make at least 15 an hour to make this even half way worthwhile and in your higher cost of living liberal states, this needs to be even higher than 15 an hour. at which point, if the job itself isnt paying that, then whoever doesnt tip is a douche.

the wear and tear on the personal car can be quite high....but hey if folks want same day order delivery then they need to be willing to pay for it.

people who make tips ALWAYS(99% of the time in the states) make below minimum wage.  its almost like you have no concept of tipping jobs. 

The hourly rate is dependent on location, Southern California is $18/hour.

The rates are adjusted if there are any significant weather hazards.

#13 theheroweneed  

theheroweneed

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:03 PM

How professional of them. That sounds like those McDonald's employees that were whining for twenty bucks an hour to flip greasy mystery meat. It's our fault you don't know how to live... Why again?

(I love how NO ONE cares about this deal BTW. More like No Man BUY!).

I assume that when you go to restaurants, you tell the waiter you don't believe in tipping as soon as you sit down, right?

#14 falsedichotomies  

falsedichotomies

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:49 PM

I don't tip the mail man. I don't tip the UPS or FedEx guy. So I'm certainly not going to tip the Amazon guy just because Amazon recommends it.

They can't be doing this whole tip thing if they're trying to get in on the postal delivery market.

#15 Count Van Ghoul   Past The Mission CAGiversary!   1155 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Count Van Ghoul

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:42 PM

I assume that when you go to restaurants, you tell the waiter you don't believe in tipping as soon as you sit down, right?

I lay down money on the table and tell them for every time they screw up, I'll take a dollar away from their tip.

#16 theheroweneed  

theheroweneed

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:38 PM

I lay down money on the table and tell them for every time they screw up, I'll take a dollar away from their tip.

LOL.

Good, at least you announce you're an asshole up front. If someone did that to me, I would ignore them until they took all the money off the table and then I would give them the shittiest service imaginable.

#17 ItachiUchiha   Of the Mangekyo Sharingan CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

ItachiUchiha

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:43 PM

I have a normal job and don't depend on tips, so no, of course I wouldn't assume that any job that is employed by non-illegals would be below minimum wage, even tipping jobs. If you're including employed illegals and sweat shops into this conversation, that's on you :)

#18 dreamerabe   4 8 15 16 23 42 CAGiversary!   472 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

dreamerabe

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:22 AM

I don't tip the mail man. I don't tip the UPS or FedEx guy. So I'm certainly not going to tip the Amazon guy just because Amazon recommends it.

They can't be doing this whole tip thing if they're trying to get in on the postal delivery market.

The mail man and the other guys don't use their own cars. They also earn about 18 dollars an hour. It's not an apt comparison.

#19 dreamerabe   4 8 15 16 23 42 CAGiversary!   472 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

dreamerabe

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:24 AM

I have a normal job and don't depend on tips, so no, of course I wouldn't assume that any job that is employed by non-illegals would be below minimum wage, even tipping jobs. If you're including employed illegals and sweat shops into this conversation, that's on you :)

You obviously haven't worked a job that depends on tips. You're also highly ignorant of this matter. A lot of restaurant industry jobs you get paid below minimum wage, because tips are expected. It's completely legal. Look it up.

#20 dreamerabe   4 8 15 16 23 42 CAGiversary!   472 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

dreamerabe

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:27 AM

You can tell a lot about a person if they don't tip when they're supposed to. Karma will hit you for those actions.

That is if the employees don't retaliate themselves. If they know you're a non-tipper, don't be surprised if they decide to do this:

Spoiler

#21 theheroweneed  

theheroweneed

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:33 AM

The mail man and the other guys don't use their own cars. They also earn about 18 dollars an hour. It's not an apt comparison.

And I'm pretty sure they have full benefits.

#22 theheroweneed  

theheroweneed

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:35 AM

Not a non-tipper but people who don't tip generally act like this too:

#23 batman1939   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1395 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:52 AM

I miss Third Rock from the Sun

#24 ItachiUchiha   Of the Mangekyo Sharingan CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

ItachiUchiha

Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:19 AM

You obviously haven't worked a job that depends on tips. You're also highly ignorant of this matter. A lot of restaurant industry jobs you get paid below minimum wage, because tips are expected. It's completely legal. Look it up.

I'm actually not completely ignorant on this matter, I know many people how work/worked in the restaurant/bar industries and my posts here are based on the information I've learned from them :)

Also I literally said I have never worked a job that requires tips, so on that, you're 100% correct :)

And you have a Hannibal/Will related avatar, so please... Don't eat me  :hot:  Or beware... I may eat you  :twisted: 

#25 ItachiUchiha   Of the Mangekyo Sharingan CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

ItachiUchiha

Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:25 AM

Not a non-tipper but people who don't tip generally act like this too:

Ignorance like yours must be bliss... Also, there's a joke in that sentence somewhere... "Generally" as you generalize everyone...

On a side note, Ryan Reynolds proved from way before that movie that he was perfect for Deadpool

#26 ItachiUchiha   Of the Mangekyo Sharingan CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

ItachiUchiha

Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:28 AM

I miss Third Rock from the Sun

Lol "I'm bringing tipping out of its dark little cave into the light"

#27 dreamerabe   4 8 15 16 23 42 CAGiversary!   472 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

dreamerabe

Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:34 AM

I'm actually not completely ignorant on this matter, I know many people how work/worked in the restaurant/bar industries and my posts here are based on the information I've learned from them :)

Also I literally said I have never worked a job that requires tips, so on that, you're 100% correct :)

And you have a Hannibal/Will related avatar, so please... Don't eat me  :hot:  Or beware... I may eat you  :twisted:

9f0ce81bd751689cd78226799ddb47f2.gif

#28 theheroweneed  

theheroweneed

Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:26 AM

Ignorance like yours must be bliss... Also, there's a joke in that sentence somewhere... "Generally" as you generalize everyone...

On a side not, Ryan Reynolds proved from way before that movie that he was perfect for Deadpool

Considering I am a waiter, you know nothing. I hope you aren't a regular anywhere.

#29 ItachiUchiha   Of the Mangekyo Sharingan CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

ItachiUchiha

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:49 AM

Considering I am a waiter, you know nothing. I hope you aren't a regular anywhere.

Fun fact: I don't eat at restaurants often.

I'm glad I won't have to see you :)

Another fun fact: Not knowing 1 thing does not mean I know nothing.

Congratulations on proving you are also unintelligent on top of being ignorant *clap*

#30 ItachiUchiha   Of the Mangekyo Sharingan CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

ItachiUchiha

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:50 AM

9f0ce81bd751689cd78226799ddb47f2.gif

LOL... I should really rewatch Hannibal :)