Wii U - Beginning of the end > Cheap game thread

chubbyninja1319

CAGiversary!
Figured this would/could be a good thread for the folks like me who are building up the Wii U collection before everything gets scarce...which seems to be happening fast. Target, for example, is down to slim pickin's.  Not to mention Best Buy.  Here are a couple of deals that are still live in some places at Walmart:

Toad's Treasure Tracker w/ Toad amiibo = $20  Now $38 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Captain-Toad-Treasure-Tracker-Toad-Amiibo-Wii-U/54315535

Yoshi's Wooly World w/ pink Yoshi amiibo = $20  Now $38

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Yoshi-s-Woolly-World-Pink-Yarn-Yoshi-Amiibo-Wii-U/54315543

^^ Sorry, these were both $20 w/ in store pick up yesterday.

Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival $16 w/ GCU

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/animal-crossing-amiibo-festival-nintendo-wii-u/9505126.p?skuId=9505126

Anyway....post any deals you find.  Stuff like Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta are starting to get scarce, so let's help the community out by keeping an eye on deals and "in-stock"'s

Walmart ones have already been posted in a thread. None the less I picked up both of them on the 2nd and then went across the street and traded them in with the bonus for Zelda on Switch then sold the Amiibo's on eBay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thread. I got the Walmart games last week. I hope Mario Maker comes down, it is the last game I really NEED for Wii U

haha just sold my whole wii u collection.. including hyrule sealed in hopes of possibly getting the switch eventually.. this thread is now making me possibly regret that if they are going to become rare..

haha just sold my whole wii u collection.. including hyrule sealed in hopes of possibly getting the switch eventually.. this thread is now making me possibly regret that if they are going to become rare..
Oh man.... that was a mistake. Unless Nintendo starts reprinting them then the price will only go up and I can't foresee them doing that.

Nintendo has refurb systems are $200 directly:
https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=cat570935
The black one has 32GB internal HD and the white one has 8GB internal.

Also, WiiU pro controllers are $25 at most (but not all) Walmarts currently:
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=21977094
(link is from the Walmart clearance thread)
There's one for $25..... 35 miles away. I'd love to have one so I can use it play SNES games on my hacked NES Mini.

Maybe if I find myself out that way.

Great thread!  I've been on the Wii U kick lately thanks to the Switch.  I've been taking advantage of Walmart clearance.  Hoping I can find Twilight Princess HD & Mario Maker cheap.  

Anyone want to comment on their experience with direct-from-Nintendo refurb systems? I have seen this deal and want a Wii U. Wondering about the process [mostly defect units that they fixed up?] and if it's worth it.

Probably the best thing for me or wait it out? Not so worried about pack-in-games, just the system. (although I could resell any games or play it for a min then resell)

Anyone want to comment on their experience with direct-from-Nintendo refurb systems? I have seen this deal and want a Wii U. Wondering about the process [mostly defect units that they fixed up?] and if it's worth it.

Probably the best thing for me or wait it out? Not so worried about pack-in-games, just the system. (although I could resell any games or play it for a min then resell)
They are legit. The console and accessories come in a plain white box but everything looks brand new. I've had mine for about 2 years now and it's worked perfect. Got it for $220 with Super Mario 3D World installed.

Only experience is a friend who got one had his Wii mode on the Wii U all jacked up. Everytime he booted it there were a bunch of green dots on the screen. I'm sure it was one of those rare defects because I've heard good things about them.

Only experience is a friend who got one had his Wii mode on the Wii U all jacked up. Everytime he booted it there were a bunch of green dots on the screen. I'm sure it was one of those rare defects because I've heard good things about them.
Thanks. Be something I'd check then. Not a long term issue since they have the 1 year warranty.

What a neat console. Really felt like something special for gaming. Too bad today's "gamers" just want over caffeinated online FPS garbage.

Good thread. Hopefully some nice deals will pop up over time. Hey dumb question probally, but I just bought the Mario Land 3D Black 32 gb model last week. The Wii U is backward capatibal isn't it?

Picked up Wonderful 101 today at Walmart for $15. I only have a five titles left that i care about to find, four of which are still in most stores

Good thread. Hopefully some nice deals will pop up over time. Hey dumb question probally, but I just bought the Mario Land 3D Black 32 gb model last week. The Wii U is backward capatibal isn't it?
Yes but you have to use Wii controllers. You can't use the GamePad.

There's one for $25..... 35 miles away. I'd love to have one so I can use it play SNES games on my hacked NES Mini.

Maybe if I find myself out that way.
Yea thats for me too, about 40 miles away, may try to see if any of my fellow CAGs can get me one

thanks for this, 2 at the local store showing $25, hopefully they ring up at that price.

What a neat console. Really felt like something special for gaming. Too bad today's "gamers" just want over caffeinated online FPS garbage.
Yes and no, 3rd party support was meh. Nintendo's way of handling online stuff is odd. I think a lot of people were confused when it came out. This being said now is the perfect time to get one. May go the way of the DC as this rate

Went to two Walmart's this morning and got a pro controller for $25 at each of them. One was still marked at $49.97, but had the person at the electronics department ring it up be sure and it came out to $25.

Otherwise I just need a deal on Pokken, Kirby's Rainbow Curse and Game & Wario and my WiiU collection will be complete.

zelda at 39.99 at Target is the cheapest it will ever be. Highly recommend you track down a copy now if you want one for collection sake.

I guess Super Smash Bros, Splatoon, and Hyrule Warriors will never drop down to $30 like I was hoping. :wall:

I want to get another system before they vanish just as a backup ☹️
Just bought a back up right now off the Nintendo online store, white 32GB. If you look at Nintendo's eBay store it claims that they've sold over 90% of their remaining refurbished Wii U stock. Which means act soon or miss out on officially refurbished direct from Nintendo.

I also got the Toad Wii Remote Plus new for $25.

Yeah, I just got mine about a month ago, and both colors are actually the 32GB models. Not that it matters, as that amount of memory is shit either way, but you can at least do a little bit with the 32, where the original 8 was a bad joke. LOL

Anyway, as stated, it comes in a generic white box, but everything was in new condition from what I can tell(the original interior packaging and everything), and I'm pretty picky. This is inventory they may have bought back, or was returned because it didn't sale, or who knows. Mine came with Nintendoland, and while the case was open, the disc was flawless as well.

If color isn't an issue, I recommend buying from them direct at Ebay, as it is $200 with free shipping and no tax. I wanted the white 32GB model, and I got slammed with tax and shipping, so it was about $223 shipped. I actually finally got a chance to try it out a few days ago, as I was looking in to CFW, so I wanted to make sure I had everything set up before hand in case they update FW again soon(which doesn't look likely, but better safe than sorry).

The system ran perfectly, and the tablet screen was perfect, with no scrapes, scratches, dents or finger prints. Now, I can't guarantee every system will be perfect, but I've seen tons of reviews of these units, and almost everyone gives a glowing review. They also give a 1 year warranty with them as well, so any issues are covered.

EDIT: Here's the Ebay link http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Wii-U-32GB-Deluxe-Nintendo-Land-FACTORY-REFURBISHED-BY-NINTENDO-/112237169726?_trkparms=%26rpp_cid%3D58825bfae4b0ae1762e91cf5%26rpp_icid%3D5669d78de4b053d885c1499d

What did Target do with most of their Wii U games? Was there yesterday and the Wii U aisle was filled with mostly empty cases. Looks like the day after Christmas when store stock gets wiped out by people redeeming gift cards. There was also an aisle dedicated to Switch, but it was all empty too except for stacks and stacks of Just Dance.

If any CAGS would be willing to pick me up one for $25 I'd def pay for shipping and throw in a bit for helping me out. Check my profile I got positive trading feedback.

Just PM if you're interested.

Yeah, I just got mine about a month ago, and both colors are actually the 32GB models. Not that it matters, as that amount of memory is shit either way, but you can at least do a little bit with the 32, where the original 8 was a bad joke. LOL

Anyway, as stated, it comes in a generic white box, but everything was in new condition from what I can tell(the original interior packaging and everything), and I'm pretty picky. This is inventory they may have bought back, or was returned because it didn't sale, or who knows. Mine came with Nintendoland, and while the case was open, the disc was flawless as well.

If color isn't an issue, I recommend buying from them direct at Ebay, as it is $200 with free shipping and no tax. I wanted the white 32GB model, and I got slammed with tax and shipping, so it was about $223 shipped. I actually finally got a chance to try it out a few days ago, as I was looking in to CFW, so I wanted to make sure I had everything set up before hand in case they update FW again soon(which doesn't look likely, but better safe than sorry).

The system ran perfectly, and the tablet screen was perfect, with no scrapes, scratches, dents or finger prints. Now, I can't guarantee every system will be perfect, but I've seen tons of reviews of these units, and almost everyone gives a glowing review. They also give a 1 year warranty with them as well, so any issues are covered.

EDIT: Here's the Ebay link http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Wii-U-32GB-Deluxe-Nintendo-Land-FACTORY-REFURBISHED-BY-NINTENDO-/112237169726?_trkparms=%26rpp_cid%3D58825bfae4b0ae1762e91cf5%26rpp_icid%3D5669d78de4b053d885c1499d
The free tax is dependent on your state. I added it to my eBay cart and was hit with $18 tax.

As for storage can't you just use an external drive? They're cheap and getting cheaper.

The free tax is dependent on your state. I added it to my eBay cart and was hit with $18 tax.
That sucks. I thought Ebay was the last place where free tax was still practice in every state, I guess I was wrong. But hey, still free shipping right? Better than nothing. LOL

Unless you looking to earn cash, or have a collector's mindset, there's little to nothing to regret in your decision, as most of the good Wii U exclusives have been or will probably be released for the 3DS and/or Switch.

I like the idea of this thread, and have greatly enjoyed the Wii U. But we aren't at the beginning of the end, we are at the end. The beginning of the end for this console seems to have been not too long after launch.

Get all the Nintendo Selects for Wii U at Target to make the best use of B2G1. I've been playing the Wii U more than my xbox 1 honestly

bread's done
Back