* * * * * 2 votes

Persona 5 (ps3) $42.49 via amazon/walmart

#1 zekana  

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:47 AM

ps3 version of persona 5 is 42.49 for pre-order right now.  its only a 7.50 difference but still cheaper then full price

https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B01GKHJP4I/

https://www.walmart....-5-PS3/52539549

#2 Pikachu231   That one Pikachu you encounter in every game. Yeah, that one. CAG Veteran   18 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Pikachu231

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:50 AM

$40 if you have Prime

#3 Vap   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1620 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:19 AM

This game is looking awesome. I'm pretty excited cause this will be my first time playing the series.

#4 zekana  

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:34 AM

This game is looking awesome. I'm pretty excited cause this will be my first time playing the series.

ya, this will be my first game of the series as well.  i thought of playing persona 4 but i've seen a few let's plays and all the hiimdaisy vids, i feel like i just wouldn't get much out of it at this point.

#5 Smithers123  

Smithers123

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:57 AM

Aka the inferior version

#6 Síocháin Zum Subete   Super Slurpin Goober Super Smacker CAGiversary!   1878 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Síocháin Zum Subete

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:01 AM

Once you play Persona, you'll never leave your home-ah.

ya, this will be my first game of the series as well.  i thought of playing persona 4 but i've seen a few let's plays and all the hiimdaisy vids, i feel like i just wouldn't get much out of it at this point.

If you haven't experienced playing/watching Persona 3 FES, I highly recommend that before or after you play P5.

My first playthrough of vanilla P4 took me a little over 140 hours, P3: FES being around 110 hours (The expansion took around 20-30 for me)

As much as I love Persona though, there are two games of the main series I absolutely dreaded playing. Persona 2 Innocent Sin, and Eternal Punishment. Those games were hard as hell imo.

And the original Persona game (Revelations Persona, not the PSP remake "Shin Megami Tensei: Persona") caught me by surprise, it's generally the most disliked game of the franchise though lol. The eerie music in that game is magnificent!

#7 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4995 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:37 AM

Aka the inferior version

Sad that this is the last (good) PS3 game. ;_;

#8 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:12 PM

PS what?

I might not be a fungi, but with some time, I'll grow on you!

If you wanna visit me IRL, grow your only LonelyBacteria

Please skip part 3

#9 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   10811 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:43 PM

Aka the inferior version

True. Have they said what the differences are?

I know it doesn't have the Japanese VA for one.

I think It's another Zelda on Switch vs Wii U situation, but I think at this point a lot of people have a PS4 already going 3 years in.

... go to sleep.

#10 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   474 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:48 PM

I guess the biggest difference is that you can be assured the PS4 version will have PSN store access for a longer period of time for purchasing DLC in the future.

I do kinda feel like I should get the PS3 version since that was what I even bought one for.

E: It seems 30fps/720p on PS3 and 60fps/1080p on PS4 along with better loading times.

#11 Mrclark2  

Mrclark2

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:20 AM

Aka the inferior version

Of course it is, its on the ps3, not the ps4. I guess Im just not real sure why you bothered clicking on this thread to come in and only say that. No one anywhere, at any time, ever, would assume the ps3 version would be equal to the ps4 version.

Sure graphics may not be as good but persona games are amazing for the stories, characters, writing, dungeons, gameplay and so on. Graphics have nothing at all to do what makes persona games beloved by so many.

#12 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1380 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:34 AM

Aka the same version

I was debating whether to get this for PS3 or PS4, but considering they look nearly identical with only the most minimal graphic enhancements, I'll save the money and go with the PS3 version.

This isn't like Shadow of Mordor, where next-gen had the nemesis system and the previous gen didn't.

Horizontal-Banner-copy-e1469133668735.jp

#13 FoxAlive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   191 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

FoxAlive

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:11 AM

The difference is pretty obvious. If your going to enjoy the game the first time around might as well enjoy with shorter loading times and better visuals.

#14 KillScottKill  

KillScottKill

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:38 AM

I was debating whether to get this for PS3 or PS4, but considering they look nearly identical with only the most minimal graphic enhancements, I'll save the money and go with the PS3 version.

This isn't like Shadow of Mordor, where next-gen had the nemesis system and the previous gen didn't.

Sure if your eyes can't tell the difference between 720 lines of resolution and 1080 lines of resolution.

#15 Mishimaryu   EWGF! (f,N~d~d/f+2) CAGiversary!   1386 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Mishimaryu

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:19 AM

:wall:  

#16 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7818 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:10 PM

Just be glad this is releasing on PS3 if you haven't upgraded to PS4 (you should though!). Nothing is releasing for it anymore.

#17 Troe123  

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:18 AM

Of course it is, its on the ps3, not the ps4. I guess Im just not real sure why you bothered clicking on this thread to come in and only say that. No one anywhere, at any time, ever, would assume the ps3 version would be equal to the ps4 version.

Sure graphics may not be as good but persona games are amazing for the stories, characters, writing, dungeons, gameplay and so on. Graphics have nothing at all to do what makes persona games beloved by so many.

Smoother frame rate is another consideration. Of course, you cannot tell until release.