* * - - - 3 votes

Target Cartwheel Deals 3/12-3/18

#1 Zantra2017  

Zantra2017

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:21 AM

So we have the Ghost Recon deals from last week, some recycled deals from previous weeks, and some new deals. Some that last until the 25th.

10% Off Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition PS4 or Xbox One (Expires March 25th)

5% Off Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands PS4 or Xbox One (Expires March 25th)

40% Off 2017 EA Sports Games all Consoles (Expires March 25th)

15% Off PS4 Slim Uncharted Bundle (Expires March 18th)

40% Off Battlefield One PS4 or Xbox One (Expires March 25th)

35% Off Titanfall 2 PS4 or Xbox One (Expires March 25th)

30% Off Plants Vs Zombies GW2 PS4 or Xbox One (Expires March 25th)

15% Off all PS4 Dual Shock controllers (Expires March 18th)

50% Off The Sims 4 for PC (Expires March 25th)

30% Off Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition PS4 or Xbox One (Expires March 25th)

15% Off Xbox One S Minecraft bundle (Expires March 18th)

#2 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5263 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 12 March 2017 - 02:48 PM

Buy Slim now or get a Pro later in the future?

#3 Ratmonkey  

Posted 12 March 2017 - 02:57 PM

taco-ad-o.gif

#4 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3424 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:13 PM

dude you should have already bought 2 or 3 by now.

Tastes like chicken.

#5 zeldaking   I LOVE BOOBS! CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

zeldaking

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:20 PM

just wait for the PS4 Super Pro holiday 2018

Sony will have to counter the Scorpio which multiple sources say will have noticeably better graphics than the PS4 Pro (I have never owned an Xbox, but if leaked details are true, Scorpio will be the first (plus back compat)

#6 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11068 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:53 PM

Since you're waited this long, probably better to wait out the Pro. 
5-6 months ago back in October/November, when you could get the Uncharted Bundle with the same 15% discount, another 10% discount and a 5% red card discount, the answer would have been to pick up the Slim. 

#7 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1733 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:16 PM

just wait for the PS4 Super Pro holiday 2018

Sony will have to counter the Scorpio which multiple sources say will have noticeably better graphics than the PS4 Pro (I have never owned an Xbox, but if leaked details are true, Scorpio will be the first (plus back compat)

Just pickup the Pro or future Super Pro and a 360. Forget about the X1, a system with no Japanese support and the very few exclusives left are all on PC. I have all consoles and a gaming PC. The X1 is the least useful console this gen for me. I actually still use my 360 more than it. The 360 was and still is a real gaming console because that's when MS was willing to do whatever it takes to be successful and it shows in their software lineup. Even MS knows it, hense the back compat, which is quite an amazing emulator but still far too limited library thus far. It's sad that they need to rely on last gen to pull through.

#8 Ratmonkey  

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:41 PM

Just pickup the Pro or future Super Pro and a 360. Forget about the X1, a system with no Japanese support and the very few exclusives left are all on PC. I have all consoles and a gaming PC. The X1 is the least useful console this gen for me. I actually still use my 360 more than it. The 360 was and still is a real gaming console because that's when MS was willing to do whatever it takes to be successful and it shows in their software lineup. Even MS knows it, hense the back compat, which is quite an amazing emulator but still far too limited library thus far. It's sad that they need to rely on last gen to pull through.

60783498.jpg

#9 DGGames  

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:27 PM

If you have the money and space for a Windows 10 PC sure, go that route (that's literally Microsoft's point :P ). If you don't though, the Xbox One family of consoles is still considerably cheaper, and takes up considerably less space.

Going back to the original question, I was in the same dilemma a couple months ago. With Digimon World: -next 0rder- being exclusive to PS4 in the west it was finally time for me to get one. I went with the Pro because since I already had an Xbox One S, and with Scorpio coming out at the end of the year, I knew I was going to be investing in a 4k UHD TV soon so the Pro just made more sense as a future proofing purchase.

#10 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1733 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:49 PM

If you have the money and space for a Windows 10 PC sure, go that route (that's literally Microsoft's point :P ). If you don't though, the Xbox One family of consoles is still considerably cheaper, and takes up considerably less space.

Going back to the original question, I was in the same dilemma a couple months ago. With Digimon World: -next 0rder- being exclusive to PS4 in the west it was finally time for me to get one. I went with the Pro because since I already had an Xbox One S, and with Scorpio coming out at the end of the year, I knew I was going to be investing in a 4k UHD TV soon so the Pro just made more sense as a future proofing purchase.

Yeah, I can see the X1 is still a viable platform if you don't have a Win 10 gaming PC and a 360. Since you have a X1, getting a PS4 makes sense to complete the software spectrum, especially for Japanese games. For me though, since I have everything, if I need to unload a box right now, it'd be the X1 as it's essentially useless in my situation.

#11 Mishimaryu   EWGF! (f,N~d~d/f+2) CAGiversary!   1386 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Mishimaryu

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:50 PM

From my experience, the people from customer service upfront are aware of the stacking with cartwheel promos now. I tried to buy some dog food and other misc items that I had to use with the cartwheel. Brought up all items to CS including Dishonored to PM last week during the 50% promo.

CS went ahead and PM'd Dishonored 2 for $29.99 via Amazon, scanned other misc items. I proceeded to pull up the cartwheel on my phone, but it was a no go. They asked how much were the other misc items were getting discounted and asked to look at the cartwheel and said it could be done on a different transaction instead of all together. The other option they gave was input a manual coupon code from the register, instead of scanning the cartwheel from the phone.

You may have better luck doing this in the electronics section, if the staff back there is trained to do a PM. So YMMV and good luck!

#12 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1733 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:00 PM

60783498.jpg

You're gonna be waiting for a long time with that popcorn. ;) I believe everything I said is pretty much facts, not opinion so there won't be a battle... at least I hope not. :D

#13 phoenixlau   backlogged CAGiversary!   361 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:20 PM

1. Is your console budget strictly $250?  Because it will be at least holiday 2018 before that's even a possibility with PS4 Pro.  The lowest you can expect the PS4 Pro is $300 this holiday (since it hit $340 last holiday).  If that is still outside your budget and you want to play PS4 games in the immediate timeframe, then I think the choice is already made for you (base PS4).

2. If your budget is not as strict, then there is no reason why you should not just get the PS4 Pro, especially if you have a 4K TV.

:pc: Shadow Warrior 2 (Steam) - $20

:pc: Shadow Warrior 1 (Steam) - $5

:ps4: Grand Theft Auto V Online - Great White Shark Card ($1.25 million in-game currency) - $5

:ps4: Call of Duty Infinite Warfare - Terminal bonus map (preorder DLC) - $2

:ps3: Sly Collection (full digital game) - $4

...........Check my sell list! https://www.cheapass.../#entry12310450

#14 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2697 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:55 PM

From my experience, the people from customer service upfront are aware of the stacking with cartwheel promos now. I tried to buy some dog food and other misc items that I had to use with the cartwheel. Brought up all items to CS including Dishonored to PM last week during the 50% promo.

CS went ahead and PM'd Dishonored 2 for $29.99 via Amazon, scanned other misc items. I proceeded to pull up the cartwheel on my phone, but it was a no go. They asked how much were the other misc items were getting discounted and asked to look at the cartwheel and said it could be done on a different transaction instead of all together. The other option they gave was input a manual coupon code from the register, instead of scanning the cartwheel from the phone.

You may have better luck doing this in the electronics section, if the staff back there is trained to do a PM. So YMMV and good luck!

Before Brickseek went through it's big aesthetic change, when you looked up games that were on Cartwheel or a part of another promo they'd say "No Price Match". I'm guessing this is what they see on their end when they are ringing it up too. So, they didn't fix their point of sale system to negate stacking the two, but added a 'warning' of sorts (or so I believe). Still possible but has been made more difficult I'm sure.

DPeqf.png

#15 Dacannonnn   Wow great guy wow CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

Dacannonnn

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:24 AM

5% off, what a steal

#16 Dacannonnn   Wow great guy wow CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

Dacannonnn

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:27 AM

You're gonna be waiting for a long time with that popcorn. ;) I believe everything I said is pretty much facts, not opinion so there won't be a battle... at least I hope not. :D

Yeah, unfortunately there is no killer exclusive(s) for the Xbox One. This is coming from someone who only has an Xbox as their "current gen" system. With the canceling on Scalebound the library of exclusives is pretty underwhelming. The only reason I stick to it is because of the friends I play with. It would be nice if Xbox even pretended to give a shit about the software.

#17 srac84  

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:46 AM

I actually use my Xbox one for the 4K player a lot

#18 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1733 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:28 AM

Yeah, unfortunately there is no killer exclusive(s) for the Xbox One. This is coming from someone who only has an Xbox as their "current gen" system. With the canceling on Scalebound the library of exclusives is pretty underwhelming. The only reason I stick to it is because of the friends I play with. It would be nice if Xbox even pretended to give a shit about the software.

All I can say is MS probably has different management now than during the 360 and OG Xbox days. Back then, the management team's goal was to enter the console business and dethone Sony at all cost... and they succeeded. They were able to get a lot of games Sony can't, even Japanese games. Now with the current management for X1, they decided to ditch Japan so in return, Japan ditched them. That's why you no longer see much support from the east and naturally they all went to Sony which has crazy amount of Japanese exclusives. All MS has now is Halo, Gears, and Forza. That's it. So sad comapres to 360.

I used to have alot of friends on XBL which i accumulated during the last two gens. Now 90% of them all went to Sony. I don't blame them. So if MS keeps its current trend, I will no longer buy any of its future consoles even though I can afford them. It's just wasting space as my Windows 10 PC can already play all of its games at better than Scorpio performance.

#19 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1733 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:02 AM

I actually use my Xbox one for the 4K player a lot

It's nice that the X1 S have even more entertainment features in the form of a UHD drive and HDR. But it cannot be called the ONE if it doesn't have software where people have to buy a competitor console to get 1/3 or more of games it doesn't have.

#20 Zantra2017  

Zantra2017

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:31 PM

Speaking of Xbox One S... New deal added to the OP.

#21 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   2995 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:01 AM

taco-ad-o.gif
:o did those sell well? I have never run into a scenario where I needed my taco to stand on its own so I could do something else.