* - - - - 1 votes

Zelda BOTW Special Edition in stock at Gamestop

#1 Ferrari Racer   Reporter for CAGNetwork CAGiversary!   6528 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:51 PM

http://www.gamestop....-edition/141923

Master Edition has been in stock a couple times today as well- http://www.gamestop....YSb4ZNvvs6sEUoQ

Gamertag - ITS DAT DAM KID. NNID: Its_Pikachu.

#2 grrouchie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   957 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:49 PM

Looks like it is out, can't order

sent from my galaxy s6 edge plus using tapatalk on android

#3 CaptPete   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   599 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:50 PM

I can add it to my cart, but when I go to check out it just says ``Oops!  This product is no longer available for purchase.''

Aaargh!

#4 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:57 PM

More like master of inconsistent framerate edition

I might not be a fungi, but with some time, I'll grow on you!

If you wanna visit me IRL, grow your only LonelyBacteria

Please skip part 3

#5 blackbeard4886   CAG Bannigeddon Survivor CAGiversary!   3390 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:18 PM

I can confirm a few GS stores got new stock of some SE and ME today.

Please PM for access to the Flipping Google Group

https://groups.googl...flip_sheets_cag

#6 markbrochilll   Typical Nintendo Fanboy /s CAGiversary!   1066 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

markbrochilll

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:05 PM

More like master of inconsistent framerate edition

If that keeps you from playing the game, then it sucks to be you.

#7 Vap   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:08 PM

Is the frame rate really that bad? Cause I'm holding on getting this until I get a switch (probably this holiday when Mario Odyssey comes out) but if it's that bad I'll just get the Wii u version.

#8 BiggNick   One Man Army CAGiversary!   706 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:14 PM

Is the frame rate really that bad? Cause I'm holding on getting this until I get a switch (probably this holiday when Mario Odyssey comes out) but if it's that bad I'll just get the Wii u version.

Playing in docked mode I occasionally notice it running through lots of long grass (particle effects perhaps). Otherwise I haven't had any issues. They did release a patch but I haven't installed it yet. In mobile mode I haven't noticed it yet, although I haven't played in mobile mode much.

Every man dies; not every man really lives...

My Trade List

#9 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4097 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:18 PM

You notice it during certain scenarios but you should NOT let this stop you from playing the game. I'm biased when it comes to Zelda games but this game is truly amazing.

#10 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4097 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:20 PM

Digital Foundry does a good video on frame rate issues.

#11 moopher   Electric Pizza CAGiversary!   1078 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:23 PM

No, it might last for a few seconds. I only notice it when I approach a stable or something similar, and it's not anything to cry about - I bet there are even more who don't even notice it. Love the people that complain about it will deal with unbelievable bullshit lag in Call of Duty or lobbies that constantly fail, a shitty Xbox One that constantly decouples from the controllers asigned to it or apps that regularly crash but somehow this minor inconvenience, at Best, is a big deal.

#12 Optim  

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

No, it's really blown out of proportion. Yes, there are a few moments of frame rate drops but those resolve quickly. 

#13 thereefernander   CAG Best Buy Employee CAGiversary!   1746 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

thereefernander

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:39 PM

I can confirm a few GS stores got new stock of some SE and ME today.

How can we check stock??
Id love a masters edition though i would then need to buy a switch
htv6oenzsznakco9zuqt.png
Signature created by Audacious.
616464.png

#14 philmcfly   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   411 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:52 PM

No it's not bad.  When it drops it's only for a couple seconds.  I play like 70% Docked and 30% Undocked and it doesn't affect me at all.

From someone who didn't like Ocarina, Majora, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword... I am obsessed with Breath of the Wild at an unhealthy level.

Play this game.

#15 SharkSocks  

SharkSocks

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:55 PM

No, it's really blown out of proportion. Yes, there are a few moments of frame rate drops but those resolve quickly. 

I don't have many issues, but I've had the game freeze for a second or so after killing a moblin a handful of times. Long enough that it makes you wonder if your game is broken and surprises you when you're thrown back into action. It killed me once.

Frame rate has also dropped pretty steep in some towns and other grassy areas, and it's annoying. It's not game ruining, but it happens frequently enough that it should be addressed.

That said I still /REALLY/ love this game.

#16 Nesmaniac   8 bit heaven CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Nesmaniac

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

I can say the Wii U version is amazing & frame rates issues have not been a problem for me. You can't go wrong either way but if you plan on playing portable a lot then by all means wait for the switch. Otherwise, go ahead and grab it for Wii U trust me you won't be sorry. Plus I think the Wii U version will possibly become quite collectible down the road. It really shows the power of the console & you have to remember the game was designed primarily for the Wii U being 4 years in development. Wii U 720p Switch 900p docked everything else seems to be the same including frame rates. I have read that the switch portable mode at 720p is where it looks best but I think most of that is due to it being on a 6.2" screen so naturally the same image will look better when comparing it to a large screen. I play on a 47" 2007 lcd & it looks really good on wii u.

tumblr_oonxh3oM1L1rr6e7xo1_400.png

#17 blackbeard4886   CAG Bannigeddon Survivor CAGiversary!   3390 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:10 PM

How can we check stock??
Id love a masters edition though i would then need to buy a switch

Check the spreadsheet link in my signature the last few tabs have GS store stock of the Zelda SE and ME among other Switch items. 

#18 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:12 PM

The Wii U version has some frame rate issues but they don't ruin the experience any.  If you get the Wii U version, I suggest playing it with the Pro Controller.  The Gamepad serves no purpose.

This is the best looking Wii U game I've ever played.  I'm sure this game pushes that hardware to its max.

#19 An actual noob  

An actual noob

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:25 PM

The frame rate gets pretty bad in the foresty areas but only in docked mode for me. The game is too good to pass up for framerate issues. Honestly I spend most of the game wondering how the hell they fit all of this beauty in such a little cart.

#20 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1548 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:57 PM

No it's not bad.  When it drops it's only for a couple seconds.  I play like 70% Docked and 30% Undocked and it doesn't affect me at all.

From someone who didn't like Ocarina, Majora, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword... I am obsessed with Breath of the Wild at an unhealthy level.

Play this game.

Yeah, it mainly crops up when docked in a vast field of tall grass that extends into the distance.  But it never affects the gameplay enough to annoy.

The game is truly remarkable.  I've yet to talk to two people that have similar experiences once they leave the Plateau.  Me and my son talk endlessly about things we encounter, and it is completely different - he went an entirely different direction and has come up with vastly different ways to solve problems.

#21 blackbeard4886   CAG Bannigeddon Survivor CAGiversary!   3390 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:59 PM

Honestly I spend most of the game wondering how the hell they fit all of this beauty in such a little cart.

Nintendo has Link enslaved cooking up Switch carts until they need him for another game.....

cc21402a9210a95a49aee5d34d3352b5d3f29dda

#22 Mostly Human   Turtle Soup CAGiversary!   1161 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Mostly Human

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:25 PM

They outdid themselves with the special and master editions. Just how many special editions did they make, seems like a ton.

Part of the crew, part of the ship.

#23 blackbeard4886   CAG Bannigeddon Survivor CAGiversary!   3390 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:38 PM

Found a few more stores with Zelda ME. 

This store just got 3 or more in stock:

Gamestop 3096

3250 Retail Dr. Suite 140

Carson City, NV, 89706

#24 Cloudx9  

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:40 PM

They outdid themselves with the special and master editions. Just how many special editions did they make, seems like a ton.

They made a tons of Special Editions, which thank god they did cause it's still sold out everywhere with the exception of a few reail stores around the country at this point. I also noticed the Sheikah Slate case has jumped quite a bit in the secondary market ($80 - $100). I bet many of the buyers are from overseas willing to pay top dollars for it since they didn't get these.

#25 GameOverGreggy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1004 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

GameOverGreggy

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:47 PM

Found a few more stores with Zelda ME. 

This store just got 3 or more in stock:

Gamestop 3096

3250 Retail Dr. Suite 140

Carson City, NV, 89706

I'm not sure where you get your data, but I live close to this store, called them and they didn't get any more in-stock.

#26 blackbeard4886   CAG Bannigeddon Survivor CAGiversary!   3390 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:51 PM

I'm not sure where you get your data, but I live close to this store, called them and they didn't get any more in-stock.

Straight from their servers.....
Over the course of the Switch launch many employees have been holding back stock for themselves / flip on eBay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#27 Vap   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:21 PM

Thanks for all the information guys. I'll definitely wait and get it for the switch then. Playing it on the go is a huge selling point for me. But like someone said, I may get it for the Wii u too since it'll probably be a collectors item.

I'm also glad to hear a non Zelda fan enjoys it, cause wind waker is really the only one I've enjoyed.

#28 burritodude17  

burritodude17

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:01 AM

Over the course of the Switch launch many employees have been holding back stock for themselves / flip on eBay.

Are the ME locations up to date? A store near my friend is on there and i'm gonna call him to scoop it

#29 burritodude17  

burritodude17

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:04 AM

Just called the store in okemos and the guy told me internet is down and they couldn't get in their system? I assume he's lying and holding it but who knows

#30 burritodude17  

burritodude17

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:12 AM

called another gamestop and they confirmed it says okemos store has 1

So okemos store hasn't had power since saturday guy said he wasn't lying to me hmm