* - - - - 1 votes

Zelda BOTW Special Edition in stock at Gamestop

#91 blackbeard4886   On a Highway to Hell CAGiversary!   3246 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:32 PM

Last couple days maybe 5-6 stores got more SE in and a few ME but the ME do not last very long.

Please PM for access to "What shall not be named"

#92 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1721 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:43 PM

on the same system, I meant.

New Super Mario Bros. + Luigi U says hi.

That said, even if Nintendo decided to do that for Breath of the Wild, I couldn't see it happening any time soon. Certainly not this year. In fact, I wouldn't even expect seeing something like that until the Switch gets its first Nintendo Selects.

#93 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2282 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:55 PM

New Super Mario Bros. + Luigi U says hi.

That said, even if Nintendo decided to do that for Breath of the Wild, I couldn't see it happening any time soon. Certainly not this year. In fact, I wouldn't even expect seeing something like that until the Switch gets its first Nintendo Selects.

You're really reaching with that LuigiU.

#94 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1721 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:59 PM

You're really reaching with that LuigiU.

As far as digital is concerned, it still counts as DLC since it's treated as an add-on for NSMBU. Fair game.

#95 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1048 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:36 PM

It was a separate disc release that was combined. You are reaching. But whatevs. You guys are right. Adding some stuff to a double dip on a later system and combining two separate releases into one is the exact same thing as releasing a game, charging for dlc for that game, and then a year or so later releasing a "complete" or "game of the year" edition that combines game amd dlc and renders the initial release worthless. I concede. Nintendo has totally done that before.

I'll have an E please, Bob.

#96 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2136 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:56 PM

It was a separate disc release that was combined. You are reaching. But whatevs. You guys are right. Adding some stuff to a double dip on a later system and combining two separate releases into one is the exact same thing as releasing a game, charging for dlc for that game, and then a year or so later releasing a "complete" or "game of the year" edition that combines game amd dlc and renders the initial release worthless. I concede. Nintendo has totally done that before.

I get what you mean, but I think you're missing the point though.  Just because Nintendo didn't do something before doesn't mean they won't do it now with the Switch.  The Wii U, after all, was such a catastrophic failure, and there is so much pressure for the Switch to succeed, that Nintendo is going to do some UN-Nintendo things.   I mean, even the Nintendo Selects for the Wii U are unusual in that they arrived much sooner than expected.  Nintendo also doing HD ports of games like Twillight Princess and Wind Waker are also very un-Nintendo, but there you have it.

There is also the rumored Super Smash Bros. Deluxe that will almost assuredly be announced at E3 - the one that will include all DLC from before and probably some additional fighters.  

As for re-releasing BOTW, I can actually see that happening faster than you think.  If there's one thing Nintendo is known for, it's following some industry trends BUT then doing it their way.  I mean, just look at what they did with Fire Emblem Fates LE release.  Who does that - release a "special" cartridge that has the DLC on it? But then refuse to sell that cartridge separately?  Bonkers, really.

I would think Nintendo - given it doesn't often view its audience as Internet savvy - will move forward with a DLC included edition faster than you think.  It certainly would make sense to do it this holiday when Nintendo will have to go up against the Scorpio, and a PS4 with an ever-growing library of top games.  To keep momentum, Nintendo will need to pull out of the stops.  And frankly, they don't really have too many outside Mario and BOTW.

HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!

161803_s.gif   200.gif

#97 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1048 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:02 PM

The Nintendo I know releases a game for full price and (with some exceptions, absolutely) 4 years later it's still full price.
I will gladly eat my hat if they start doing GotY editions and become more consumer friendly. I'm just saying it goes against the grain. (And again, Smash Bros wouldnt count as they'd be adding the dlc to make the double dip more palatable).

I'll have an E please, Bob.

#98 Ferrari Racer   Reporter for CAGNetwork CAGiversary!   6290 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:13 PM

Did this ever go in stock again? I'm surprised the topic didn't get moved to the graveyard

Gamertag - ITS DAT DAM KID. NNID: Its_Pikachu.

#99 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2136 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:22 PM

The Nintendo I know releases a game for full price and (with some exceptions, absolutely) 4 years later it's still full price.
I will gladly eat my hat if they start doing GotY editions and become more consumer friendly. I'm just saying it goes against the grain. (And again, Smash Bros wouldnt count as they'd be adding the dlc to make the double dip more palatable).

I do want to say this about future Nintendo double-dips.  They won't be consumer friendly in that they'll probably charge full price for the game again - in other words, when BOTW complete does come out, it will still be $59.99.   I don't think for a second Nintendo would go about releasing $29.99 complete editions like the other publishers (e.g. Bioshock, Mass Effect, Witcher III, etc.)

As for Nintendo selects - I could also see a classic line released for Switch that would be more direct ports which could be priced slightly below $59.99 - may be $39.99, as we've seen from some other publishers.  

HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!

161803_s.gif   200.gif

#100 TheDeathVendor  

TheDeathVendor

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:23 PM

Did this ever go in stock again? I'm surprised the topic didn't get moved to the graveyard

I'm surprised as well. This thread turned into an argument/debate. I have an SE and LE, but I still want an ME like the greedy gamer and collector I am.

#101 Bivensra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   948 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:51 PM

Target in Easton (Columbus Oh) has a copy of the SE. It is in the case b/ from what I can see the box looks good.
"GO YANKEES"

#102 Ferrari Racer   Reporter for CAGNetwork CAGiversary!   6290 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:53 PM

I'm gonna go ahead and lock this since it hasn't gone back in stock.

There is a discussion thread about the special editions here.

https://www.cheapass...ers/?p=13595713

Gamertag - ITS DAT DAM KID. NNID: Its_Pikachu.