* * * * * 2 votes

2 Pack Nintendo Switch Screen Protector $5.99 FS W. Amazon Prime

#1 Bazz  

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:19 PM

2 Pack Nintendo Switch Screen Protector $5.99 free shipping with Amazon Prime 

I was looking for a Screen Protector for my Switch, this one looks just as good as the ones that sell for a higher price.

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1  - Prime Shipping

Here is another one if you don't have prime. 5.99 free shipping. 

https://www.amazon.c...06XJRLFM4?psc=1

BaZz

#2 JakeM17   Semper Fi CAGiversary!   819 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:22 PM

Picked one up. Thanks!

#3 doug_brit   Biohazard CAGiversary!   631 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

doug_brit

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:24 PM

Installation help:

I used regular house tape since I didn't have stickers, I got mine near perfect. I didn't purchase this brand, but it's mostly the same.

#4 ck0  

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:31 PM

damn I wish I knew about these other manufacturers

i bought this one from amfilm, looks exactly the same but for $10.99

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

was kinda peeved they come in a 2-pack when obviously not the majority will need 2 screen protectors. its just a ploy to upcharge the customer and sell 2x stock. 

easy to apply, just remember the cutouts on one edge is the bottom side of the switch display

#5 GaveUpTomorrow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1755 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

GaveUpTomorrow

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:53 PM

damn I wish I knew about these other manufacturers

i bought this one from amfilm, looks exactly the same but for $10.99

was kinda peeved they come in a 2-pack when obviously not the majority will need 2 screen protectors. its just a ploy to upcharge the customer and sell 2x stock. 

easy to apply, just remember the cutouts on one edge is the bottom side of the switch display

I also bought the amfilm screen protectors.  I have no regrets.  Came in very sturdy packaging, easy to understand instructions, all of the wipes one would need, and I installed it within minutes.  No bubbles or other issues.  Looks and functions great.

amfilm is a known screen protector manufacturer with thousands of positive reviews across all of their products.  I have never heard of Reteck and they don't sell any other screen protectors that I see.  The one review that is there is likely fake.  The LK screen protector has no reviews, but their other tempered glass screen protectors have negative reviews.  I would rather spend the extra $5 to have piece of mind that I am getting a quality product from a known manufacturer.

#6 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2278 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:01 PM

I also bought the amfilm screen protectors.  I have no regrets.  Came in very sturdy packaging, easy to understand instructions, all of the wipes one would need, and I installed it within minutes.  No bubbles or other issues.  Looks and functions great.

amfilm is a known screen protector manufacturer with thousands of positive reviews across all of their products.  I have never heard of Reteck and they don't sell any other screen protectors that I see.  The one review that is there is likely fake.  The LK screen protector has no reviews, but their other tempered glass screen protectors have negative reviews.  I would rather spend the extra $5 to have piece of mind that I am getting a quality product from a known manufacturer.

Yep. Also, the two packs are in case you Fuck up putting the first one on, because you can't really take it off and start again with the same one. I mean, you can, but it won't work that well.

#7 Dragonaxe3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   324 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Dragonaxe3

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:06 PM

Almost bought the 12$ ones, glad you saw these.. Thanks.

Dragonaxe3.png

fs_overall.png

#8 shakespeare   The True Bard! CAGiversary!   351 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

shakespeare

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:47 AM

Thanks OP!

430928.png

#9 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   782 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:25 AM

Yeah; I plan on getting the one from amfilm.

:ps4: Currently Playing : Assassin's Creed IV : Black Flag
:ps3: Currently Playing : Nothing!

:vita: Currently Playing : Nothing!

:switch: Currently Playing : Sonic Mania

:3ds: Currently Playing : Metroid II : The Return of Samus (Virtual Console)

:xb1: Currently Playing : Nothing!

#10 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   2838 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:01 AM

Too bad my $12 one already arrived. I have to wait for the Switch to be in stock again, though, since my launch system had defective wi-fi. 

#11 ck0  

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:23 AM

I also bought the amfilm screen protectors. I have no regrets. Came in very sturdy packaging, easy to understand instructions, all of the wipes one would need, and I installed it within minutes. No bubbles or other issues. Looks and functions great.

The one in OP also includes all that cleaning stuff, as shown in the last picture. As for one being more reputable, that's all well and good. There are some instances where I prefer to risk being a cheapass and offbrand screen protectors is it.

As for the reasoning of having two, in the case you mess up one, its not like you can't just purchase another single pack. Let the consumer decide. Application is already quite easy.

#12 Bazz  

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:40 AM

Too bad my $12 one already arrived. I have to wait for the Switch to be in stock again, though, since my launch system had defective wi-fi.

what was wrong with your wifi? Asking because mine is 2ft from router and signal only has 2 bars for me.

BaZz

#13 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   2838 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:07 AM

what was wrong with your wifi? Asking because mine is 2ft from router and signal only has 2 bars for me.

I tried it on two different routers and the speeds were incredibly slow standing a foot away. On a wireless N router, I got 2.6mbps on my Switch while my phone got 50mbps. On a wireless ac router, the Switch got 50mbps while my phone got 230mbps.

#14 chrislisting   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1308 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:42 AM

Idk if it helps but YZTree makes one with the edges slightly shortened so you don't start to snag the edges and start pull off the protector from the corners ... I was gonna get amfilm until I read how the slight shortness is better so you don't need to keep buying and reapplying

https://www.amazon.c...sDtL&ref=plSrch

#15 VideoGameFan  

VideoGameFan

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:39 PM

Interesting. Mines about two feet and is full strength. Not that this should matter, but is your router ac or n? 

#16 Bazz  

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:45 PM

Interesting. Mines about two feet and is full strength. Not that this should matter, but is your router ac or n? 

It's a router/modem built in I believe it's an N. 

BaZz

#17 deltron310  

deltron310

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:38 PM

i got mine in the mail this past weekend and used it....worked well replaced my plastic screen protector with this one w/o bubbles and its super clear.

#18 guyver2077   CAG Original CAGiversary!   16058 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

guyver2077

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:11 PM

i guess i missed the boat on this one since its 7.99  now.. for those that ordered, are you happy with it?

1080i is for douchebags

#19 SharkSocks  

SharkSocks

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:45 PM

I picked up this one recently. It's $11 but 100% worth it. Solid construction and no bubbles after applying.

#20 Bazz  

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:59 PM

i guess i missed the boat on this one since its 7.99 now.. for those that ordered, are you happy with it?

yeah I am actually super impressed with it and I loved the box it came in. I used the video posted here to install with a little scotch tape.

BaZz

#21 guyver2077   CAG Original CAGiversary!   16058 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

guyver2077

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:08 PM

yeah I am actually super impressed with it and I loved the box it came in. I used the video posted here to install with a little scotch tape.

cool. down to 6.99 now. I'm sure we'll see it go down some more. I don't take out my switch much just yet so i'm fine with waiting a little more.

I think i rather invest in those dock socks i've been seeing.

1080i is for douchebags

#22 kevers7290   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   104 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

kevers7290

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:26 PM

Nintendo really needs to address this, as it's clearly a flaw in the design. I put a screen protector on mine, but the back of my switch already has noticeable scratches on it despite using the utmost care and the fact that I've only docked/undocked it a few times since buying it.

#23 guyver2077   CAG Original CAGiversary!   16058 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

guyver2077

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

Nintendo really needs to address this, as it's clearly a flaw in the design. I put a screen protector on mine, but the back of my switch already has noticeable scratches on it despite using the utmost care and the fact that I've only docked/undocked it a few times since buying it.

It sucks.. but my guess is that they will play it off because they are Nintendo. I actually have tried not to dock it so much since more reports have come out. i'll have to check the back side.

1080i is for douchebags

#24 justadude  

justadude

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:51 PM

Installation help:

I used regular house tape since I didn't have stickers, I got mine near perfect. I didn't purchase this brand, but it's mostly the same.

What exactly is "house" tape?

#25 doug_brit   Biohazard CAGiversary!   631 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

doug_brit

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:01 PM

What exactly is "house" tape?

Scotch home tape

http://www.scotchbra...94602633&rt=rud

Any tape should work.

#26 Bazz  

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:43 AM

back in stock with prime for 5.99 if anyone is interested. 

BaZz

#27 THEphillycheese  

THEphillycheese

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:53 AM

How long did it take for yours to arrive? The earliest shipping date I'm seeing is April 13th

#28 Bazz  

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:12 AM

How long did it take for yours to arrive? The earliest shipping date I'm seeing is April 13th

took 2 days with prime. I am not sure why the date would be that far away.

BaZz

#29 cleaver   You have 0 friends CAGiversary!   3454 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:24 AM

I'm be got 3 huge air bubbles in mine but otherwise like mine, it's pretty clear and feels ok
The trade list is long, but distinguished.
http://theskinnypost.blogspot.com
Posted Image
This would be a fine death... if I hadn't run out of tokens.

#30 justadude  

justadude

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:22 AM

I'm be got 3 huge air bubbles in mine but otherwise like mine, it's pretty clear and feels ok

You can carefully use a pin on an angle to poke a small hole in the bubbles. Go from the side not straight on.