- - - - -

Come back to Gamefly for 30 day trial for $1

#1 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1052 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:19 PM

Check your emails from gamefly. I'm not sure if everyone got one or not but I got one to come back

#2 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5322 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:22 PM

Also known as the "pay a dollar to get the 397th and 398th game on your want list and then get pissed off and cancel" special...

#3 perfectsil   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   275 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

perfectsil

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:23 PM

Check your emails, I havent subscribed for years

2 games at a time for $1 for 1 month

#4 ritchardf  

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:47 PM

got it, i got two games out at a time for one month so im hoping for...2 games this month.

nier and yakuza 0 are actually at medium availability

#5 Indiansfan008   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   258 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Indiansfan008

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:53 PM

I got this too. In my experience GameFly is very hit or miss in terms of getting some of the newer releases. Even with only a few games in the queue it has taken upwards of a week for them to ship me something in the past.  By the time you factor in the delay between returning said game and getting the next one, one could only realistically expect to get through a couple games (at best) by the time the month is up. Still, it's only $1 so very good value IMO. My offer expires 3/31 so I'll probably hold off until then and try my luck then.

#6 Khach86  

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:56 PM

Every time I've done this, I've never gotten around to playing anything.  Wait a week for them to ship your game, wait 1-2 days for it to arrive.  Wait until the weekend, play it for a bit, then return it for a new game, wait 3 days for them to get it, then cancel beause your membership will be over in a week anyway

#7 The Questyen   I'm lightning on my feet CAGiversary!   2180 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:01 PM

If this was a slow spot for gaming I'd probably do it but with Zelda, Mass effect and then persona I don't have any time to play any other games.

#8 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:03 PM

I've never had trouble getting new games in.  Put the game you want in your queue before release and make sure it's the only one there and they will send it.  having 390+ games in your list is the problem.

#9 ritchardf  

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:10 PM

also, i dont know if they still have it, but they used to have fast return, as soon as the post office scanned the game they would send out another one. only certain post offices participated though. that plus having a fulfillment center near you is the best scenario to avoid the week long waits between games.

#10 gogomo  

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:10 PM

I hope I don't get this in my email.  With Mass Effect releasing next week, I'll be obsessed with that, won't be able to take advantage of this and will feel guilty.

#firstworldproblems

#11 Raw_Orangejuice  

Raw_Orangejuice

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:14 PM

Came to say that I recommend starting your subscription on a Monday, otherwise you won't get the game until the following week because of the weekend potentially wasting 2-3 days of your subscription.

#12 KaitouDark   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   314 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

KaitouDark

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:15 PM

also, i dont know if they still have it, but they used to have fast return, as soon as the post office scanned the game they would send out another one. only certain post offices participated though. that plus having a fulfillment center near you is the best scenario to avoid the week long waits between games.

They do it's just that for me it only happened maybe twice during my two year membership term.

#13 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29315 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:15 PM

i usually get fast return   (1 day) but takes 3 days to get game

ALSO you can buy yourself gift cert    36 bucks for  3  months two at a time

i did the rejoin for  half off last month  got 

gal gun

shantae

cold steel 2

zelda for the switch

bomberman for the switch

and fate for vita  

all in one month but didnt hold long

Gal i think 2 days 

Shanta  2 or 3 days

cold steel 1 day

zeld for a week

bomberman for 3 days

fate for 2 days

WOOOO I STINK

#14 ritchardf  

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:27 PM

Came to say that I recommend starting your subscription on a Monday, otherwise you won't get the game until the following week because of the weekend potentially wasting 2-3 days of your subscription.

good idea, but you either need to do it really early monday or sunday, they allocate the tuesday new releases on mondays.

#15 SpideyVille  

SpideyVille

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:29 PM

I got the e-mail, but I'm going to wait a week or two before activating it. Might use it to check out things like Persona 5 or Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, since those are games I'm interested in checking out but not buying.

#16 growsinwater  

growsinwater

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:33 PM

Thanks for the heads up, gonna sign back up this weekend and only put Mass Effect in the queue 

#17 Raw_Orangejuice  

Raw_Orangejuice

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:44 PM

good idea, but you either need to do it really early monday or sunday, they allocate the tuesday new releases on mondays.

I'd say really early Monday, you have to make sure also that when you start your sub that the start date is Monday, I've started a subscription on a Sunday night before midnight causing me to waste a day.

#18 Dragonaxe3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   324 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Dragonaxe3

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:46 PM

So excited to get to rent games for super cheap, especially crappy ones I haven't wanted to pay for, but play. Super bummed it came back 4 days before mass effect.

Dragonaxe3.png

fs_overall.png

#19 princededede  

princededede

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:23 PM

Aww, I wish they would have waited to do this next month. I could have played Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for just a dollar. :(

#20 Alpha-Strider  

Alpha-Strider

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:43 PM

Got my email today, went ahead and signed up. I've done a few of these trials with Gamefly before, I always just add a handful of slightly older games I haven't played yet to my Q and see how many I can get through in a month before cancelling. I'll probably be lucky if I can finish more than 2 since I'll be going for trophies, but I can live with that for $1

Alpha-Strider.png

#21 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   3793 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:58 PM

1 dollar to get a game like Styx or sniper elite 4 for 2-3 weeks, why not

#22 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   2995 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:46 PM

I wish I can put a girlfriend in my queue.

#23 skrockij89  

skrockij89

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:47 PM

I usually get the Telltale games from Gamefly. Play whichever one is out, platinum the game and return it. I can't see myself buying those games, just to beat it in a day. 

#24 TheGeonaut  

TheGeonaut

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:49 PM

I got this too, a bit of bad timing since I'm gonna be playing Mass Effect but hey I'd reup for a buck. 

#25 EJam3s01   I was born ready CAGiversary!   174 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

EJam3s01

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:52 PM

Damn...just signed back up a week ago for nephew.  He wanted to play Wildlands.

#26 inkcil   I'm baaaaaack....and I'm Entitled CAGiversary!   852 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:05 PM

I just went ahead and did it...2 games/month for $1.  This works out for me too since my wife never checks the mailbox.  She'll never know all the games I'm renting. 

#27 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2278 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:09 PM

ALSO you can buy yourself gift cert    36 bucks for  3  months two at a time

Yep, this is what I do. It's clearly a mistake, because the discount doesn't match what's stated, or the other plans, but it's somehow remained there for years.

It also says it's for new accounts only, but that's bullshit too.

#28 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   2995 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:29 PM

Gamefly.. the service that gives you media mail return envelopes to ensure the discs are always late so they can spend months sending you harassing emails about how you'll be hit with penalty fees because they don't have the games back yet. Enjoy your free month and constantly checking your card statement for unauthorized charges.

#29 jrberger   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   68 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

jrberger

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:26 AM

I tried Gamefly last month. By the time I had to wait to receive a game and send it it back to get another I played one game. For a $1 it's worth it but beyond that it's not.

#30 Raye   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   813 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:01 AM

I've never had an issue with GF. Been using them for six years now in three-month intervals (I buy a gift card for myself in December). I personally play older titles that I never wanted to own, so, like, I wouldn't rent something like Horizon Zero Dawn until next year. My backlog is big enough as is so I can resist playing newer stuff. I would have been all over this if only Persona 5 wasn't out next month.

RayeKasai.png