- - - - -

Fire Emblem Heroes: Choose Your Legends!

#31 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7901 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:58 PM

Nice.   That's a very strong team.  I wanted to do something similar but I was not able to pull a Spring Camilla in many pulls.  I have the rest of the makings for the same flier team with both Minerva and Hinoka.  It makes me sad, espeically now that she's been sent back to the vault.  You simply NEED to have one magic as well as one anti-archer, like you have in her. 

I like all of the respositioning skills you have.  They are the most useful skills in arena if you can bait one guy at a time.  Plus fliers can Draw Back to any square.  That ability is only half as good when used on an infantry. 

The only thing I was thinking about with this team last week is that I'd probably want to inherit Hone Fliers to a Palla instead.  Since Hinoka isn't really going to be used for combat anyways and it might help to have a tankier red. 

It would be cool if you could get a second Hinoka to sac. 

#32 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1654 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:46 PM

Are you all any good at team building?

I wanna make a team that is tourney ready and can take on the harder tiers.

Some of my 5* are Julia, Chrom, Tiki, Karel, Lilina, Merric, Jaffar,Lachesis, Pricella, Elisa.

4* I wanna make 5* are Cordelia, Robin (M) and Azama

#33 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:06 AM

Nice.   That's a very strong team.  I wanted to do something similar but I was not able to pull a Spring Camilla in many pulls.  I have the rest of the makings for the same flier team with both Minerva and Hinoka.  It makes me sad, espeically now that she's been sent back to the vault.  You simply NEED to have one magic as well as one anti-archer, like you have in her. 

I like all of the respositioning skills you have.  They are the most useful skills in arena if you can bait one guy at a time.  Plus fliers can Draw Back to any square.  That ability is only half as good when used on an infantry. 

The only thing I was thinking about with this team last week is that I'd probably want to inherit Hone Fliers to a Palla instead.  Since Hinoka isn't really going to be used for combat anyways and it might help to have a tankier red. 

It would be cool if you could get a second Hinoka to sac.

You can still make a flier team, it would just have to be played differently with even more emphasis and positioning. Honestly both blade and raven tomes are straight up broken imo. Camilla being too much of a hard counter to bows may make it less fun for me? Who knows.

Yea the positioning skills are the true advantage that fliers have in this game. No wonder they didn't give them 3 movement like Calvary. The positioning advantage is already so strong.

I do have a second hinoka but im more likely to merge her than anything else. Simply my preference to play hinoka. Palla is probably your best replacement for spring Camilla though. With her good speed and defense, she can bait in archers really well with iotes shield. And being a red with ruby sword she gives you complete triangle coverage that laughs at nino and Julia and hector.

#34 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:15 AM

Are you all any good at team building?
I wanna make a team that is tourney ready and can take on the harder tiers.
Some of my 5* are Julia, Chrom, Tiki, Karel, Lilina, Merric, Jaffar,Lachesis, Pricella, Elisa.

4* I wanna make 5* are Cordelia, Robin (M) and Azama

this is a strange cast of characters. The most important thing is to have every color on the team. As long as you have that you can realistically slot in most characters and then use skill inheritance to patch up any holes in the team. If you have a preference for 4 characters then we can help you with skills.

#35 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7901 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:16 AM

How much money have you spent GoW?

#36 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1654 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:24 AM

I want my team to be Cordelia, Robin (M), Tiki (?) And julia As my main team.

On Robin I already added Triangle Adept 2. And hes Level 36 so close to 40 and then I have 27,000 Feathers to 5* him.

My Current team is :

Karel - 36

Tiki (Young) - 34

Julia - 34

Chrom - 34

I wanna build a killer team and a team of my favorites.

Right now I am trying to level all my 5* and units I want to inherit skills from as well.

Also other characters I have that are 4*

2x Seliph, Eirika, Lonn Qu, Draug, Odin, Older Tiki,Cherche, Gordin,

#37 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:27 AM

How much money have you spent GoW?

About $120. Notable units I got from that cash were Roy and nowi from the same pull, Reinhardt, and Minerva. Maybe seliph?

@umbry - is that adult tiki or young tiki?

#38 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1654 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:29 AM

I have spent about $50 but I am totally Ok with it as I love the game.

#39 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:03 AM

Robin is easy to work with since all he needs is triangle adept to kill half the cast. For b skill you can go with quick riposte or bowbreaker to make sure takumis die in 1 turn, blue tomebreaker so he doesnt die to linde or himself, lance breaker to be more useful against blues, red breakers to ensure they die in 1 hit. Spur skills arent great so its better swap that for a hone skill. Bonfire is already good for his special. Support skill can be draw back or rally of your choice.

Cordelia is easy to work with as well. With death blow she can already kill most red blue and colorless units. Fury is also good because it helps her get doubled by less characters. If you have neither atk +3 is an ok discount option. B skill should help her offense as well. Most reds are dead to her already so lancebreaker is probably best to kill effies and such. C skill can be a hone skill or threaten defense. Special can be moonbow/luna/dragon fang/draconic aura. She is weak on defense though so you need to be able to move her out of danger with reposition. Support should be reposition/draw back/ or rally of your choice.

Julia is a juggernaut already. her resistance +3 aint bad for her to be a mage tank. Though you can give her any of the previously mentioned offensive skills instead. Her best b skill is certainly green tomebreaker to defeat other julias and nino. Quick riposte can certainly work too since she is a mage tank. Her C skill breathe of life is great if your protecting her with a tank like young tiki. An alternative would be hone defense to make tiki and robin tankier. You can make her support skill draw back, or rally defense/resistance. Her special is good with her massive attack though you can always opt for the low charge moonbow since julia will rarely double people.

Young tiki is a good tank. Replacing her weapon with lightning breath is essential though. Easily the best dragon weapon. Armoured blow is good, but you can switch with an offensive skill to make up for reduced damage of lightning breath. Fury is probably best since it works on both offense and defense. plus julia is behind her healing with breath of life. B skill has got to be swordbreaker. The biggest threat to her is falchion users like lucina. If she can keep them to a single attack she can maybe survive, but I cant guarantee that. Breath of life is harder to use on melee units i think. Threaten res would work nicely on her boosting her damage along with julias. Her special needs to be a low charge skill thanks to lightning breath +1 to specials. So probably moonbow. As the tank, her support skill should be reposition.

#40 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1654 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:28 AM

OK, I took some notes and I am going to see what I can do with those tonight and if I can make any.

I know I have both Tiki's so that should not be hard.

My question is do you have to put just one skill of each, or pick which ones your want as three is the limit and you need their preskills.

Like with Robin (M) I already have Triangle Adept 2 on it. Does that mean that I can only move a first level skill like Quick Riposte and Bowfire as well.

Is there a way to move more than one skills that is level 1 skills.

#41 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:37 AM

If robin already has triangle adept 2, he can learn triangle adept 3 and 2 other skills through an inheritance. Doesn't have to all be the same skill tree though that is usually most efficient.

#42 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1654 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:51 AM

Oh, I thought it meant Each number was a skill.

Oh great, this should be fun to do then.

PS you are the best

#43 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1654 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:56 PM

So this morning while I was working on Leveling up some units, they have new challenges where you get 3 Pegasus ladies.

I have them all and leveling them up Palia and Caeda for their skills.

#44 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:46 PM

Zephiel is an absolute beast of a unit. Pretty much the equivalent of a red effie/hector in terms of being a great armor unit. Now everyone can have their own beast armor unit. What a coincidence that I ended up drawing a 5* Effie on the same day.

#45 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1654 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:51 PM

Is there any key to beating Zephiel?

I have yet to beat a Grand Hero.

#46 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:55 PM

Two powerful mages and a dancer should do it. Have color advantage against the enemy mages and do hit and run against the armor units.

#47 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7901 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:12 PM

Holy shit Zephiel.   Man that's an amazing unit.   I think I might have found where to spend my next 20k feathers.  I have exactly zero armored units too. 

I actually beat this GHB on the first try for once with no strats.  Did the lvl 30 battle to see the positioning and then beat it easily with 2 mages and 1 reposition.  Should be easy with 1 mage too.  But reposition/draw back is key.  Neither of the armored units or Zephiel can be taken down in one hit, so you have to move your unit back out of range after it attacks.

#48 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:32 AM

Burned some duel crests and still don't have a deathless streak going. Arena is getting rough when my ragtag team with 2 +1s gets matched against a full team of +4s
Perhaps it's time I bring back the nino

#49 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:33 AM

Burned 4 more crests to get the deathless streak cuz I am impatient. And waiting has only gotten me killed.

#50 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7901 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:19 PM

Don't pull colorless they say.  Well this just happened.  

IMG_3195_zpsabr7iikj.png

Ho lee shit.  I am so happy right now.  But then I checked the IVs and they are both bad.  +def/-atk Nowi and +hp/-sped Takumi.  Oh well.  I'm still going to use them.   Every time I click a colorless orb I'm channeling thoughts of Takumi and I actually pulled one. 

What's your arena score?  I'm stuck at 4,617 with two deaths.  Got to 5 wins again yesterday then got wiped out and I screwed up by not forfeiting so I have to waste another dueling sword just to reset lol.  I'm stuck at zero defenses as well.   Been trying some new things. 

I haven't seen the all mage thing work at all yet.   I've got Blucina, Nino, Tharja, Olivia slotted in there now.  I think the best defense team is basically a 1-2 square counter team like Ryoma, Hector, Nowi, and Takumi.  The all-red all-blue seems to work okay but it's not been reliable for my f2p units.  Can tell for sure it's mostly that I'm not getting many matchups because my units don't have full abilities. 

#51 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:05 PM

Score is 4830, an average of 690 per battle using two +1 units, all 5* and fully skilled(though one only has a level 1 b skill and the another only has a level 1 special)
Currently in the top 1k but I will assuredly be bumped out by the end of the season since I am below last seasons cutoff.
Currently training a seliph to get fully skill inherited since I have a extra of him to merge to try to get an even higher score. May be ill advised though since he kind of sucks though that was before skill inheritance.

Best defense team right now is simply Reinhardt plus dancer. Put a gunter next to Reinhardt to put him on steroids. If everything falls correctly that's a nuke with 7 attack range.

Well I have gone beyond that now. My flier team just rakes in the defenses.

For you though something I find really annoying is two mages with two melee with the mages having drawback. It keeps them all clustered together and if you want to go in to kill one guy, you're right in the range of wtd of another. If everyone is all mage though, that means you can bait single character, but you can't do that if it's a melee with a mage behind them since they have the same attack range.

#52 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1654 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:04 PM

How many times can you find in the arena?

Is this the best way to get feathers?

I have like 80 dual crest that I have never used and wanna earn some feathers so I have upgrade some units.

Any pointers for arena battles. I mostly play in the beginner.

My team are all 5*

Karel 37

Young Tiki Lv 36

Julia Lv 36

Chrom Lv

This is my current team as I work on the team I want.

I need to upgrade Robin (m) and Cordelia.

And I just got a 4* Camilla. Was super excited about that.

#53 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:24 PM

You can fight in arena as much as you want as long you have crests. The goal is just to get a 7 win streak with a score you're satisfied with though. I think you can fight 18 times in a season without using crests? Yes this the best way to get feathers. I can get 20,000 feathers in 3 arena seasons.

You always have to use a bonus unit, they double your score. You won't get meaningful rewards otherwise. Also using 3 reds is asking for someone to die since people use a lot of blues now.

First your goal should be getting at least 4K score for highest offense reward which shouldn't be too difficult. Just do the best you can to get a 7 win streak first. After you secured that then you try to maximize your score by going harder difficulties and aiming for no death runs. If someone or 2 people dies, you just surrender to reset the streak and try again. The goal is to complete the streak with the least deaths possible so you can get ranked.

#54 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:11 PM

Welp I finished training seliph, merged him, and burned a crest to see what kind of score in arena would pop up and all three were 688, which is lower than my average using a nonmerged unit.

#55 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1654 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:31 PM

I would use one of them but I don't have any of them that are 5*

The closest I have is a 4* Star Cherche and Vizion. I am trying to level up my other 5* units so I can have better options for fighting in the arenas and Grand Hero Challenges. 

Any tips for leveling up fast? I have been fighting the training tower to level my unit's up.

Is there any other ways?

#56 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:05 PM

The closest I have is a 4* Star Cherche and Vizion. I am trying to level up my other 5* units so I can have better options for fighting in the arenas and Grand Hero Challenges. 

Any tips for leveling up fast? I have been fighting the training tower to level my unit's up.
Is there any other ways?

a 3* bonus is better than any 5* unit. They affect your score that much.
Training tower is the only way to level. Current grand hero units are always bonus units in the following arena season it's always important to grab them and level them in case you have no one else.

#57 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1654 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:38 PM

a 3* bonus is better than any 5* unit. They affect your score that much.
Training tower is the only way to level. Current grand hero units are always bonus units in the following arena season it's always important to grab them and level them in case you have no one else.

If you use more than one does the score go up?

And thanks a lot for all the help. My friends are all casual and I have been trying to get a little better and get more feathers too.

#58 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:24 PM

If you use more than one does the score go up?
And thanks a lot for all the help. My friends are all casual and I have been trying to get a little better and get more feathers too.

No having more than one doesn't change the bonus which is double your score

#59 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7901 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:57 PM

Is there any other ways?

You need to level up all your units to 40.  By the sounds of your posts you don't have your main units to the level cap yet.  F2P people that do arena have dozens of units at level 40 so that they have options, and so they're able to use various bonus characters.  

#60 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1654 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:16 AM

Are there other people besides F2P people?

Thats my main goals right now, is to level up all my 5* unit to 40.