- - - - -

Fire Emblem Heroes: Choose Your Legends!

#1021 barlush23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   274 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2018 - 12:30 PM

Minutes before the banner ended I scrounged up 20 orbs from quests and got a +atk -HP Ophelia.  That's exactly what I wanted.  The game is fun again when you finally have a good banner. 

Love herofest.  I've learned that as F2P it makes the most sense for us to spend our orbs on things like hero fest and legendary banners for the improved return rates.  Those 7 summon tickets were very nice too.   That was basically 7 free summons or multiple rounds that cost 15 orbs.  Way cool. 

Ophelia is sexy AF too.

Congrats! She can be very useful with her powerful attack.

I’ve spent 60 orbs so far trying to snipe for our first armored healer. I forgot how much I HATE pulling colorless orbs. Nothing but useless garbage! I did get a W!Ephraim but I think B!Hector and Armored Tiki are still better.

#1022 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2851 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 18 December 2018 - 06:02 PM

I managed to get a -hp/+def Eirika. I thought about being greedy and going for Fae too, but every orb spent on this is an orb not spent on [Lethe/Mordecai]/Tibarn/Nailah

#1023 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1661 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2018 - 03:50 PM

I want Robin M xmas unit. Pleaseeeeeeeeeee

#1024 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2851 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 21 December 2018 - 03:08 AM

Hooray for a lack of willpower combined with the dumbest of luck.

Spoiler

#1025 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2851 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:21 PM

So in case anyone is curious, here's some thoughts on Winter Eirika. As an offensive unit, she's fairly underwhelming. I'm sure if you went high investment with things like Absorb+, a fighter skill, and Miracle she could do some wacky things, but her speed keeps her from being too threatening on her own.

Her buffs however are great. With some good team planning, you can get essentially a triple tactics buff without type or position requirements.

#1026 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8262 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:43 PM

Yeah Winter Eirika is totally a caddy for someone like Surtr or Grima. 

#1027 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2851 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 23 December 2018 - 05:38 AM

My current team of units to level up cracks me up
"Death's caress..."
"The glimmer of life..."
"Festivals are the Bestivals!"

#1028 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8262 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2018 - 07:26 AM

So glad that I saved up 75 orbs for the Legendary banner.  This is one killer banner.  I only have 2 of the 12 units and several of them are units I want badly or need like Marth, Veronica, Flying Tiki, Flora, Lector, and of course, Azura.  I just wish that I had more orbs.  Been waiting hard for Veronica's return in addition to several others.  Might have to drop some cash on this one.

#1029 barlush23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   274 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2018 - 12:53 PM

So glad that I saved up 75 orbs for the Legendary banner.  This is one killer banner.  I only have 2 of the 12 units and several of them are units I want badly or need like Marth, Veronica, Flying Tiki, Flora, Lector, and of course, Azura.  I just wish that I had more orbs.  Been waiting hard for Veronica's return in addition to several others.  Might have to drop some cash on this one.

Yeah there are some great units on this one. Most of them i either already have, or have an alternative option for, so I think I’ll just snipe for Azura since I don’t have a flying dancer yet. She seems like she will be very useful. Hopefully she comes home quickly since the beasts are right around the corner!

#1030 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6436 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 27 December 2018 - 09:26 PM

Wow, at Azura. I love my dancer unit!

#1031 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6436 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 28 December 2018 - 07:34 AM

I got super lucky and got Azura then Nino afterward. Only took 35 orbs

#1032 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2851 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:03 PM

Dammnit, Feh. How am I supposed to save any orbs for the Laguz banner with an OC New Year's ban...
*sees that NY Laegjarn is free*

Oh. Nevermind, then

#1033 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8262 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:44 PM

The new changes to merging in February are awesome.   Check the notifications board if you haven't already.   Banes and boons are now noted as "assets and flaws".  You can eliminate a flaw by +1'ing your hero.  The first merge gives +3-4 in your characters bane stat in addition to two more stat points.   Every merge beyond that gives two stat points. 

So the first merge has become very valuable!  Kiss goodbye to never using all those +atk -spd or +spd -atk characters.  Once you draw a duplicate of a unit, now all that matters is having a good "asset"!  This is such a wonderful and welcome change.  I'm just trying to remember which -atk or -spd characters I have gotten rid of in 2018.  There were def a couple.

#1034 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8262 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:48 PM

Oh and my first summon circle I got a +atk -def Leg. Marth!  Then my pity rate went to 9.50% with no other units and I'm all outta orbs again.  I have to do some more investigating, but Azura's Prayer Wheel and Marth's Exalted Falchion appear to be a deadly combination!

I love legendary banners.

#1035 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2851 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 28 December 2018 - 08:01 PM

The changes to merging look great. I also really like that they didn't just shaft neutral IVs and are giving them an extra 3 points. I assume it will end up being an extra hp and then +1 in their top 2 stats (essentially 1.5 merges). This will be especially good for ghb/tt units (assuming they aren't excluded).

And although a +10 Surtr doesn't really need 3 more stat points, I'll be very glad to merge my -atk Swordhardt, -def Ares, and -spd Ishtar just to name a few.

#1036 barlush23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   274 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2018 - 09:33 PM

Damn, I forgot about the NY banner. I don’t have enough orbs! I’m down to 90 after spending 80 to get Azura. Must stay strong!

#1037 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8262 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:18 PM

Just saw the New Years orb packs.  Good god they are selling 5* heroes now.  I think this should probably be a lesson that we need to learn. 

Three banners, TONS of good heroes.  What are you supposed to do, throw money at it?

#1038 barlush23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   274 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:02 PM

Just saw the New Years orb packs.  Good god they are selling 5* heroes now.  I think this should probably be a lesson that we need to learn. 

Three banners, TONS of good heroes.  What are you supposed to do, throw money at it?

All I see when I look at the $75 price tag is inevitable regret when the unit is powercrept/outclassed within a few months. I suppose it’s fine for Whales who plan to spend that money anyway, but no chance I’m spending $75 on it. I’m actually glad they didn’t price it at a point that may be more tempting for me.

#1039 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2851 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 05 January 2019 - 07:25 AM

-atk/+spd NY Hrid.

3enLpa.gif

#1040 barlush23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   274 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2019 - 04:02 PM

-atk/+spd NY Hrid.3enLpa.gif

Ouch, that really sucks. On the bright side if you can pull another one it would cancel out the bane (if I understand that correctly). I saw a build of him on a Reddit yesterday and he looks like a flying wall. I could use a tank like that on my flying team.

#1041 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2851 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:32 AM

Yeah, if I didn't already have a couple options for that role I'd be more excited. On a side note, I thought about foddering off his sword and Hone Atk 4, but every sword unit I care about has a sword that I don't want to replace (or already has chill atk skill). :D

I'm not sure if you guys do the same, but I usually use Tempest Trials to experiment/build lv 40 units I haven't done much with. Well, I added Xmas Eirika and the stat boosts are pretty wacky. Xmas Fae is a monster with 52 def and 59 res just counting those two units and a bond seal. So I think Eirika will be a permanent TT fixture for me.

#1042 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1661 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:15 PM

I got the L Azura, I'm just missing the new years Azura now and I have all the others.

Didn't check her stats but I don't know what to do with her.

My main Dancers are Regular Ninian and P Azura.

Any tips for her or Brial Ninian to i have that does nothing.

#1043 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2851 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:43 PM

Azura's base kit is pretty much all you need, slap some stat booster, or even the flyer shield, on the A slot and use her on a mixed team. If you want some more premium skills, hone atk 4 lets her do the same thing without the tactic restriction. She also works well with other wave units, as she can use their C skill to boost them.

As for Bridal Ninian, mine is just base kit+Darting Blow. As a whole though, I find that most of my units have low-mid tier investment in SI. A move I'm actually glad about now with the new merge system as those extra units are still in my barracks.

#1044 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8262 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:50 AM

welp I spent close to 200 f2p orbs and came away with Leg.Marth, Flying Nino, Helbindi, and Summer Takumi.   Not bad getting four new characters but I didn't get Veronica, Lector, or Azura which were the units I needed most.

The $74.99 orb packs with bonus hero taught me that I shoudln't spend any money on this game.  I believe that those orb packs had the reverse, unintended effect on sales for IS. 

#1045 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2851 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:40 AM

So, Sturdy Impact is going to be a thing as well as three movement dancers. I'm glad they went with the beast leaders, but am a bit disappointed about no Lethe or Mordecai

#1046 barlush23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   274 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:24 PM

So, Sturdy Impact is going to be a thing as well as three movement dancers. I'm glad they went with the beast leaders, but am a bit disappointed about no Lethe or Mordecai

Mordecai, Ranulf and Lethe were the ones I was really hoping to see, along with Tibarn. I am really regretting spending a lot of orbs on the NY banner now. All of the units seem good but I think I’m most interested in Tibarn and Nailah.

Seeing these characters makes me want to play RD again, but that would require digging out and hooking up the wii or Wii U.

#1047 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8262 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:03 PM

I'm just going to do several 15 orb pulls on the NY banner with the golden tickets.  Rates suck and you gotta maximize your returns. 

Sturdy Impact is hilarious though.

#1048 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2851 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:45 PM

Well, I got up around 4% when I got a 5* Lene.

No, that's sadly not a typo; I got the red sword dancer. I'd be more excited about it if it wasn't my 11th singer/dancer. I might give Safeguard to Laegjarn, though. That seems like it'd be a good fit.

#1049 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8262 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:38 PM

Yeah, it's amazing how much regular dancers are a complete waste of a pity breaker now.   I have zero of the specialized dancers except PA Axura.  All of the other seasonal dancers are better than something like Lene. 

#1050 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2851 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 14 January 2019 - 03:22 AM

I've been playing around with Naesala (as he's the only beast I have) and I like how the beast mechanics work. It creates (mild) tension on decisions, or requires more planning on team building. For example, if you want 3 movement next turn, you can't heal him after he attacks (unless you repo the healer, or use Physic). Tactics and drives are good, hones and spurs are bad. They really did a good job of making them feel a bit different than normal heroes.

I only wish that they changed actual types (infantry->flyer) but I understand that with skill/terrain restrictions there's no way that would work cleanly.