Fire Emblem Heroes: Choose Your Legends!

umbry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (95%)
This thread is all things Fire Emblem Heroes. Making it a wiki so all the info for noobs can be stored here.

4.26 Ike is Coming

20170425_035620_thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I learned that there's a Mobile / iOS subforum on CAG.

I'm a bit overwhelmed at all the possible combinations with Skill Inheritance right now.  Even something as simple as Clarine has things like: Wings of Mercy, Heavenly Light, Kindled Fire Balm, Rehabilitate, Hone Atk, Breath of Life, etc.

Haven't even bothered with skill inheritance yet, but after about 3 garbage rolls I finally got a 5* takumi and Abel in the same roll. Now I can be a part of the cancerous takumi arena meta.

Haven't even bothered with skill inheritance yet, but after about 3 garbage rolls I finally got a 5* takumi and Abel in the same roll. Now I can be a part of the cancerous takumi arena meta.
Congrats. I rolled until i got a Young Tiki.

So far I working on a healer first.

Thinking of taking Wrys Heavenly Light skill and adding it to Elise, so I can help all my allies for 10HP every 2 turns.

I also wanna give some counter Skills to Chrom and make him a beast.

Today I learned that there's a Mobile / iOS subforum on CAG.

I'm a bit overwhelmed at all the possible combinations with Skill Inheritance right now. Even something as simple as Clarine has things like: Wings of Mercy, Heavenly Light, Kindled Fire Balm, Rehabilitate, Hone Atk, Breath of Life, etc.
Guide

Try reading this.

I suspect there will be a banner to coincide with Echoes when it debuts in May, so time to start saving for that one haha. I hope the current meta gets upended soon ... I rarely bother with Arena anymore (no Takumi on my roster).  

I want to get this thread moving again, trying to get people to post here instead of the JP niche thread.  Don't know if it will work.

I'm in such good mood because after a couple weeks of no orbs, I finally pulled a Spring Lucina.  Two, in fact. My pity rate was up to 4.75% and I hadn't scored a single Spring banner unit yet.  It was so frustrating.  So I spent 160 orbs and finally got a 5* foucs.
IMG_3162_zpsas0lriww.png

I finished the final round of the voting gauntlet at rank #1218. Total rank #7382.  I earned every flag possible and spent the maximum possible amount of flags (minus 5) on the final round under Team Camilla.  Would have easily ranked in the 800s if I had those extra five flags.   It was super nice to get a huge influx of feathers from the voting results.  Like I said I had every flag, and I played a ton, so I missed maybe 40-80 110pt attempts over the course of the three matchups.  Meaning ~7000 people literally poopsocked this event and played a ton during sleeping hours.  Every time I was battling for 110 pts near the end I was going up close to 100 ranks.  I think a person could have only scored about 8800 more points max., than I did. 

IMG_3154_zpsbwhjcppm.png

I was top 10k (edged out of too 5k in the last hour), top 5k, and top 30k for team Minerva. So 1700, 2100, and 2300 feathers and 1000 feathers from Minerva winning twice. And top 5k cumulatively for 2600 feathers. So 8700 feathers in total. Plus they gave us 5000 feathers. From the Twitter quiz during the gauntlet so it was a good haul. I did do the battle whenever possible except for sleeping and playing persona 5, which from the looks things I am playing longer sessions than the average person.

I am almost ready to unveil my flier emblem team. The sp grind continues.

The new update sure has shaken up how arena rankings work. I am interested to see if I can still make it into the top 5k for that.

Yeah dude, I have 41.5k feathers now and am deciding who to upgrade.  Going to take Olivia or Tharja to 5*, probably Tharja!

I've been scoring 4430-4470 in arena and can't really do much better than that atm with my F2P setup.  I like my team of Lucina, Nino, Ephraim, bonus character.   But I'm going to need some better guys if I'm going to improve that score at all.  Ideally, I would score a Ryoma and possibly remake the team into something better.  Still waiting on some inheritables like Death Blow 3 for Ephraim and haven't decided on a C skill for Nino yet.  I've been desperately trying to pull a Linde, Effie, Ninian, Azura, and Nowi with no luck so far.  No Hector or good archers either.  My team is kinda stuck for now.

I would run double caster  (with double resposition/draw back, or possibly drag back), one melee, one dancer.  That would probably be ideal.  But we are basically forming three man teams because of the required bonus character.  I keep bringing a 4* Anna, or a 4* Michalis or something that doesn't even get used lol.  They sit in the back and maybe plink someone once. 

Finally got defenses last week and this week for the first time in over a month.  I've tried -everything-.   Switching to an all Red team of Lucina (renewal 3), Leo, Olivia, Lucina (swordbreaker 3) is finally getting me defenses.  WOW has that been frustrating.  All blue infantry (or one flier) didn't score a single defense in two weeks.

I have been ranking about ~15,000 the last few weeks. 

Im up to 37 orbs and need three more so I can double summon later today.

I want a Bunny character. Xander or Camilla is my hope.

I like the new extra skill thing.

Arena scoring has completely changed now. Bst seems to no longer matter as a hector will bring you roughly the same score as an ursula, 1 of the highest bst characters vs 1 of the lowest. Merged status seems to matter most now plus havin a full set of skills equipped.

The changes to arena plus the new ability to move around characters before battle will make defenses even harder to get now I think

This is my current Arena team so far:  I have two options for Lucina.   Honestly man, Ephraim is a beast.  He is a godly tank and probably my favorite unit so far.   Might just give him ATK+3 so it can work on both the player phase and enemy phase.   Been waiting on a DeathBlow3 for him.  Ephraim hits so hard.   might give him Lancebreaker 3.  But Seal Def isn't bad at all when he's frequently baiting on the enemy phase.  Reposition is huge.  Arena is all about those movement abilities. 

IMG_3164_zps4prqwvzq.png

IMG_3165_zpsj5yeqkdx.png

IMG_3166_zpsleycq9jk.png

IMG_3167_zpse0y4nzpq.png

Having 5* of a bonus unit each month would make a great deal of difference. 

Arena scoring has completely changed now. Bst seems to no longer matter as a hector will bring you roughly the same score as an ursula, 1 of the highest bst characters vs 1 of the lowest. Merged status seems to matter most now plus havin a full set of skills equipped.

The changes to arena plus the new ability to move around characters before battle will make defenses even harder to get now I think
It almost seems like a bad idea to put abilities and inherits in every slot now. You're just going to get matched up with much harder teams. I see a BIG difference (in losses) when fighting against decked out vantage/counter A B C filled teams.

Wish I had a Ryoma, Takumi, Nowi, Hector-ish (but prob not him on D) counter defense team. They make people cry. Don't have any of those units.

People have been saying they're getting matched with decked out teams regardless, so might as well deck em out and aim for a higher score. But yeah deaths will hurt a lot more now

The real nightmare everyone will have now is horse emblem. A team of horse mages of every color decked out with blade tones and hone/fortifify Calvary. With bst not mattering everyone's chances of encountering this nightmare is much higher now.

bleh, horse emblem and flier emblem.  :puke:

I've seen exactly zero of those so far.  I was going to shoot for a flier emblem team because I have 5* Minerva and 5* Hinoka to pass on, or keep, hone fliers.   But I haven't been able to pull a green tome camilla this banner so I've kind of given up on that.  She's basically required, as far as I'm concerned bc you need one tome user. 

You simply can't run all magic, or all physical, in arena. 

Horse emblem seems like too much work for F2P.  I don't have Eldigan nor extra blade tomes to just hand out. It would take a shit-ton of SP on characters I don't even have yet.  Not gonna start sacrificing 5*s for FOTM blade tome inherits, yuck. 

S Camilla really does round out the flier team. I gave her gronnraven instead of gronnblade because I prefer balance over hyper offense. Now she is the true counter to archers on the flier team. Michalis was nice and all with iotes shield, but he really wasn't enough to handle takumi.

New banner unit Lukas has insanely high hp and def. I was training oboro to be a monster tank so it actually sucks that Lukas is better than her in almost all relevant stats except resistance

Yeah, saw that.  He seems like a cool unit.  Should be useful in some GHBs. 

I had 20 orbs so did one pull this morning.  Actually received a Clair.   But she seems totally useless and I got +HP/-spd to boot. 

It turns out that having a 4* +10 merged unit will help you score higher in the arena than a 5* unmerged unit. This makes sense since the 4*+10 version of a unit is stronger than a 5* unmerged same unit. This can really help us gain separation in the arena since the new arena rules has everyone so closely clustered together in score. And it may be more viable since it would only cost 22000 feathers to achieve provided you have 11 3* units compared to 120000 feather for 6 4* units( 5*+5 is the equivalent of 4*+10 I believe)

Let us not even mention the chances of trying to pull multiples of a 5* unit for this example.

I had 40 orbs and did two summons and I only got 1 5 star and it was another gosh darn healer and no bunny heroes.

Was so annoyed. I dont need to that many healers.

So my this week's Arena score was capped at about 4460 all week.  I dropped to 61k rank which is horrible.  I just couldn't do runs without losing units, and I've been losing LOTS, sometimes even entire matches.  I tried my last deathless run this afternoon and things were going well until I ran into this abomination after 5 wins, 1 death.

IMG_3182_zpskix00cs5.png

But I was actually able to win somehow, and didn't lose any units yay.   Lucina killed all three Hectors and I got lucky on one turn when the last remaining Hector attacked Michalis instead of her. 

IMG_3183_zpstmsrqtbo.png

So I finally finished my Arena for the week just 40min before end time and got a pretty decent score considering my team.  I really can't do much better than this.   My Tharja and Bunny Lucina are approaching level 40 now but I just don't have all the inheritables to give them.  Gotta figure out a way to reform this team into something better.  Other arena teams are just stacked now.

My flier emblem team is complete.

IMG_3891_zpshuhzvrsu.png

IMG_3889_zpsyr2wuv8n.png

IMG_3888_zpsojlato3n.png

IMG_3890_zpsz2olhisj.png

Minerva +Def/-Res

Hauteclere

Reposition

Aegis

Life and Death 3

Wings of Mercy 3

Ward Fliers

Cordelia +HP/-Def

Brave Lance+

Draw Back

Dragon Fang

Fury 3

Desperation 3

Goad Fliers

Hinoka +Atk/-Def

Brave Lance+

Reposition

Escutcheon

Death Blow 3

Drag Back

Hone Fliers

Spring Camilla +Atk/-HP

Gronnraven

Draw Back

Bonfire

Triangle Adept 3

Axebreaker 3

Goad Fliers

Some comments on the team. Cordelia is obviously the ace of my team. If she has dragon fang and desperation up she can kill Hector with the necessary buffs. She has draw back because if she is trying to escape, then she needs to be in the back. Fury is the best choice of A skill because extra speed and bulk and only 3 less attack than death blow. The 6 damage from fury doesnt matter at all since she's not meant to be hit after entering desperation range and in fact it helps her reach it if she counters a particularly weak sword.

Hinoka, the buffer of the team, yet she is already strong enough by herself to wipe out many folks. However I do have her in a more defensive role as can be seen with escutcheon. Her job is to buff the others, rescue them from enemy range with reposition or hurl them towards enemies, clean up advantageous foes, soften up disadvantageous foes(which I theoretically believe she will survive a battle against with escutcheon), or simply tank a hit. Versatility is her job.

Minerva has a similar role to Hinoka, minus the buffing, but with more tankiness. With Aegis up, she can survive a blast from nino or julia. Ward Fliers is nice, but I think I'd prefer a third Goad Fliers.

Spring Camilla with gronnraven and triangle adept, the worst nightmare of the worst nightmare of fliers, archers. Sure she can use gronnblade, but her synergy with the team is so much greater with raven. Do I need her to do 84 damage in one hit when cordelia can do more in 4 hits? No not really. What every flier team needs is a hard counter against archers and spring camilla is amazing at that.

This team can wipe out all blues and reds with little consequence so the biggest threats to my team as Ive seen so far is nino and julia who can very realistically kill 3/4 of the team in a round. And Hectors, no not a single hector but many of them. The only way for me to kill them without suffering considerable damage is cordelia with dragon fang, but it being a 4 charge move, it can only be activated if cordelia had a prior battle meaning she would be useless against a team of 4 hectors! So against 4 hectors minerva and camilla would have to do all the work while suffering counterattack damage from each fight. I can't say if that would be a winnable fight if all the hectors had vantage.

Nice.   That's a very strong team.  I wanted to do something similar but I was not able to pull a Spring Camilla in many pulls.  I have the rest of the makings for the same flier team with both Minerva and Hinoka.  It makes me sad, espeically now that she's been sent back to the vault.  You simply NEED to have one magic as well as one anti-archer, like you have in her. 

I like all of the respositioning skills you have.  They are the most useful skills in arena if you can bait one guy at a time.  Plus fliers can Draw Back to any square.  That ability is only half as good when used on an infantry. 

The only thing I was thinking about with this team last week is that I'd probably want to inherit Hone Fliers to a Palla instead.  Since Hinoka isn't really going to be used for combat anyways and it might help to have a tankier red. 

It would be cool if you could get a second Hinoka to sac. 

Are you all any good at team building?

I wanna make a team that is tourney ready and can take on the harder tiers.

Some of my 5* are Julia, Chrom, Tiki, Karel, Lilina, Merric, Jaffar,Lachesis, Pricella, Elisa.

4* I wanna make 5* are Cordelia, Robin (M) and Azama

Nice. That's a very strong team. I wanted to do something similar but I was not able to pull a Spring Camilla in many pulls. I have the rest of the makings for the same flier team with both Minerva and Hinoka. It makes me sad, espeically now that she's been sent back to the vault. You simply NEED to have one magic as well as one anti-archer, like you have in her.

I like all of the respositioning skills you have. They are the most useful skills in arena if you can bait one guy at a time. Plus fliers can Draw Back to any square. That ability is only half as good when used on an infantry.

The only thing I was thinking about with this team last week is that I'd probably want to inherit Hone Fliers to a Palla instead. Since Hinoka isn't really going to be used for combat anyways and it might help to have a tankier red.

It would be cool if you could get a second Hinoka to sac.
You can still make a flier team, it would just have to be played differently with even more emphasis and positioning. Honestly both blade and raven tomes are straight up broken imo. Camilla being too much of a hard counter to bows may make it less fun for me? Who knows.

Yea the positioning skills are the true advantage that fliers have in this game. No wonder they didn't give them 3 movement like Calvary. The positioning advantage is already so strong.

I do have a second hinoka but im more likely to merge her than anything else. Simply my preference to play hinoka. Palla is probably your best replacement for spring Camilla though. With her good speed and defense, she can bait in archers really well with iotes shield. And being a red with ruby sword she gives you complete triangle coverage that laughs at nino and Julia and hector.

Are you all any good at team building?
I wanna make a team that is tourney ready and can take on the harder tiers.
Some of my 5* are Julia, Chrom, Tiki, Karel, Lilina, Merric, Jaffar,Lachesis, Pricella, Elisa.

4* I wanna make 5* are Cordelia, Robin (M) and Azama
this is a strange cast of characters. The most important thing is to have every color on the team. As long as you have that you can realistically slot in most characters and then use skill inheritance to patch up any holes in the team. If you have a preference for 4 characters then we can help you with skills.

I want my team to be Cordelia, Robin (M), Tiki (?) And julia As my main team.

On Robin I already added Triangle Adept 2. And hes Level 36 so close to 40 and then I have 27,000 Feathers to 5* him.

My Current team is :

Karel - 36

Tiki (Young) - 34

Julia - 34

Chrom - 34

I wanna build a killer team and a team of my favorites.

Right now I am trying to level all my 5* and units I want to inherit skills from as well.

Also other characters I have that are 4*

2x Seliph, Eirika, Lonn Qu, Draug, Odin, Older Tiki,Cherche, Gordin,

How much money have you spent GoW?
About $120. Notable units I got from that cash were Roy and nowi from the same pull, Reinhardt, and Minerva. Maybe seliph?

@umbry - is that adult tiki or young tiki?

Robin is easy to work with since all he needs is triangle adept to kill half the cast. For b skill you can go with quick riposte or bowbreaker to make sure takumis die in 1 turn, blue tomebreaker so he doesnt die to linde or himself, lance breaker to be more useful against blues, red breakers to ensure they die in 1 hit. Spur skills arent great so its better swap that for a hone skill. Bonfire is already good for his special. Support skill can be draw back or rally of your choice.

Cordelia is easy to work with as well. With death blow she can already kill most red blue and colorless units. Fury is also good because it helps her get doubled by less characters. If you have neither atk +3 is an ok discount option. B skill should help her offense as well. Most reds are dead to her already so lancebreaker is probably best to kill effies and such. C skill can be a hone skill or threaten defense. Special can be moonbow/luna/dragon fang/draconic aura. She is weak on defense though so you need to be able to move her out of danger with reposition. Support should be reposition/draw back/ or rally of your choice.

Julia is a juggernaut already. her resistance +3 aint bad for her to be a mage tank. Though you can give her any of the previously mentioned offensive skills instead. Her best b skill is certainly green tomebreaker to defeat other julias and nino. Quick riposte can certainly work too since she is a mage tank. Her C skill breathe of life is great if your protecting her with a tank like young tiki. An alternative would be hone defense to make tiki and robin tankier. You can make her support skill draw back, or rally defense/resistance. Her special is good with her massive attack though you can always opt for the low charge moonbow since julia will rarely double people.

Young tiki is a good tank. Replacing her weapon with lightning breath is essential though. Easily the best dragon weapon. Armoured blow is good, but you can switch with an offensive skill to make up for reduced damage of lightning breath. Fury is probably best since it works on both offense and defense. plus julia is behind her healing with breath of life. B skill has got to be swordbreaker. The biggest threat to her is falchion users like lucina. If she can keep them to a single attack she can maybe survive, but I cant guarantee that. Breath of life is harder to use on melee units i think. Threaten res would work nicely on her boosting her damage along with julias. Her special needs to be a low charge skill thanks to lightning breath +1 to specials. So probably moonbow. As the tank, her support skill should be reposition.

OK, I took some notes and I am going to see what I can do with those tonight and if I can make any.

I know I have both Tiki's so that should not be hard.

My question is do you have to put just one skill of each, or pick which ones your want as three is the limit and you need their preskills.

Like with Robin (M) I already have Triangle Adept 2 on it. Does that mean that I can only move a first level skill like Quick Riposte and Bowfire as well.

Is there a way to move more than one skills that is level 1 skills.

If robin already has triangle adept 2, he can learn triangle adept 3 and 2 other skills through an inheritance. Doesn't have to all be the same skill tree though that is usually most efficient.

Oh, I thought it meant Each number was a skill.

Oh great, this should be fun to do then.

PS you are the best

So this morning while I was working on Leveling up some units, they have new challenges where you get 3 Pegasus ladies.

I have them all and leveling them up Palia and Caeda for their skills.

Zephiel is an absolute beast of a unit. Pretty much the equivalent of a red effie/hector in terms of being a great armor unit. Now everyone can have their own beast armor unit. What a coincidence that I ended up drawing a 5* Effie on the same day.

Two powerful mages and a dancer should do it. Have color advantage against the enemy mages and do hit and run against the armor units.

Holy shit Zephiel.   Man that's an amazing unit.   I think I might have found where to spend my next 20k feathers.  I have exactly zero armored units too. 

I actually beat this GHB on the first try for once with no strats.  Did the lvl 30 battle to see the positioning and then beat it easily with 2 mages and 1 reposition.  Should be easy with 1 mage too.  But reposition/draw back is key.  Neither of the armored units or Zephiel can be taken down in one hit, so you have to move your unit back out of range after it attacks.

Burned some duel crests and still don't have a deathless streak going. Arena is getting rough when my ragtag team with 2 +1s gets matched against a full team of +4s
Perhaps it's time I bring back the nino

Burned 4 more crests to get the deathless streak cuz I am impatient. And waiting has only gotten me killed.

bread's done
Back