* * - - - 13 votes

Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

#2011 ootayonoo  

ootayonoo

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:53 AM

I greatly enjoyed Disgaea 5, im about 70 hours and not close to being done. Has been hero is still 10$ til 7/16 at gamestop.

#2012 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1469 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:37 AM

ROFL!!!

#2013 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14233 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:56 PM

That moment you need an accessory for party chat. . .

#2014 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3791 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:15 PM

I feel like this stupid chat is going to mean half of the Switch playerbase are going to be using Discord, Skype, Google Hangouts, or literally any other outside source.

#2015 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1544 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:28 PM

I feel like this stupid chat is going to mean half of the Switch playerbase are going to be using Discord, Skype, Google Hangouts, or literally any other outside source.

I already use the Discord app on my phone and it's very easy to use. I'm very hesitant about Nintendo's approach. It sounds like you need the app to even invite friends. It feels very "Nintendo" lol

#2016 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3791 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:45 PM

My GS bundle has updated to released, but still says not shipped. It still had 8 days counting down til the 21st yesterday, so hopefully this means it will ship today?

I ordered on 7/8.

#2017 enorris116   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:57 PM

I ordered on the 7th and mine still says Open.

#2018 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:21 PM

My GS bundle has updated to released, but still says not shipped. It still had 8 days counting down til the 21st yesterday, so hopefully this means it will ship today?

I ordered on 7/8.

You should have cancelled it and got it on Tuesday when the Walmart app had the console without requiring a bundle purchase

#2019 The Stache   I remember when GCU was $120 CAGiversary!   191 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

The Stache

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:36 PM

What's everyone's experience with the GameStop bundles? The employee at my store said that I could buy it and return/exchange individual items in-store, even though the fine print says you can't. I'm looking at the ARMS bundle, but I'd rather either return it for full credit or exchange for something else.

#2020 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7020 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:14 PM

What's everyone's experience with the GameStop bundles? The employee at my store said that I could buy it and return/exchange individual items in-store, even though the fine print says you can't. I'm looking at the ARMS bundle, but I'd rather either return it for full credit or exchange for something else.

It's a YMMV type situation. Before the bundles became an official thing at GS, they would allow returns for individual items, but then they added the fine print and stopped. I think it's still up to the discretion of the store in question, so if an employee or manager said OK, you may be able to. 

I had a friend who was a manager, and I know he would do it for me, no questions asked. But he left for greener pastures awhile ago, so I wouldn't personally try it at this point, unless I felt comfortable with the person telling me it's OK. So tread cautiously.

#2021 enorris116   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:12 PM

I ordered on the 7th and mine still says Open.

Just got shipping confirmation to be delivered on Tuesday.

#2022 mywhitenoise   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1227 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

mywhitenoise

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:25 PM

Half?  I feel like 96% of online users wont bother with chat at all because of this.

#2023 NeoMonk  

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:30 PM

Half?  I feel like 96% of online users wont bother with chat at all because of this.

After playing Battlefield 1 & Overwatch for months I can count with 1 hand the times I heard people actually talking on PS4.

People who want to play organized with friends or other people they know online use discord. It's been like that for awhile. 

#2024 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4350 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:34 PM

The Switch chat setup is garbage, but I do enjoy my switch. When MK8 released a buddy and I just hopped in an Xbox party and chatted there while playing on the switch. Have used discord once for voice and thought it was pretty bad.

#2025 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1469 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:37 AM

The Switch chat setup is garbage, but I do enjoy my switch. When MK8 released a buddy and I just hopped in an Xbox party and chatted there while playing on the switch. Have used discord once for voice and thought it was pretty bad.

Sucks you have to jump through hoops to chat with your friends. Nintendo dropped the ball big time in that regard. I can remember using voice chat on my psp without hoops 10 years ago. Lol!

#2026 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3791 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:55 AM

You should have cancelled it and got it on Tuesday when the Walmart app had the console without requiring a bundle purchase

I had traded in a bunch of retro stuff during that 70% bonus thing last week, so had $500 in GS credit. Plus, I wanted all the games in the bundle or I would have waited.

It did end up shipping today. Says it should arrive by Tuesday.

#2027 DANIEL   DANNY FAKnTASTIC CAGiversary!   1275 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:42 PM

I bought a switch bundle at gamestop.  how hard would it be to exchange the Arms game for  Splatoon 2?  is it allowed?

#2028 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3791 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:46 PM

I bought a switch bundle at gamestop.  how hard would it be to exchange the Arms game for  Splatoon 2?  is it allowed?

Sounds like it will depend on your store. My store said no returning individual pieces of a bundle, but some people I've seen said their stores were fine with it. I'd say an exchange has a better chance than a straight return though.

#2029 Hairlesswookiee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   87 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Hairlesswookiee

Posted 16 July 2017 - 12:08 AM

The Target in Gulfport, MS had 4 consoles on the shelf last night when I was in the store. It seems that Target keeps getting a good stock among their stores. 

#2030 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   2901 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:47 AM

I seen 6 last night at my store (edit: Target). Haven't had a lot of trouble finding any around where I live, but I'm going to wait a while since I never really put a lot of time into my Wii or Wii U (or GameCube for that matter lol).

#2031 Tumaras  

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:53 AM

Sounds like it will depend on your store. My store said no returning individual pieces of a bundle, but some people I've seen said their stores were fine with it. I'd say an exchange has a better chance than a straight return though.

My local GS manager said it was fine to exchange the games in the bundle for different games, but not the other accessory pieces and no straight up return of individual pieces.  Again ymmv depending on the manager though.

#2032 Nightcrawler13   Go Stros! CAGiversary!   577 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Nightcrawler13

Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:16 AM

Out on vacay in Panama City Beach and the local Target had 6 of them on the shelf around 1pm today.

#2033 Raw_Orangejuice  

Raw_Orangejuice

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:11 AM

Why? If I may ask.

I just want my own dedicated system for home and one that can leave the dock at any given moment for my son. After debating I ordered a 2nd bundle. I'm going to sell all the accessories and keep the actual console only. I honestly don't know why I haven't considered doing this in the beginning.

I already have two sets of joycons and 2 pro controllers. The biggest problem is saves, luckily I only care about Zelda and I'm only 3 hours into hard mode. I kinda regret going digital but I feel pretty strongly about keeping Mario kart 8 digital.... It's just one of the games I always want on me

#2034 jackclown410  

jackclown410

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:35 PM

I just want my own dedicated system for home and one that can leave the dock at any given moment for my son. After debating I ordered a 2nd bundle. I'm going to sell all the accessories and keep the actual console only. I honestly don't know why I haven't considered doing this in the beginning.

I already have two sets of joycons and 2 pro controllers. The biggest problem is saves, luckily I only care about Zelda and I'm only 3 hours into hard mode. I kinda regret going digital but I feel pretty strongly about keeping Mario kart 8 digital.... It's just one of the games I always want on me

Ok, that makes sense.  My kids aren't old enough for games so I can't justify doing it myself but I see where your coming from.

#2035 calismasker   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   131 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

calismasker

Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:50 PM

Best Buy is going to be holding Switches for Splatoon 2 release

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2036 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:28 PM

Does anyone know of any sites that track when games go on sale in the Nintendo Switch eShop?

#2037 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7020 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:32 PM

Does anyone know of any sites that track when games go on sale in the Nintendo Switch eShop?

Frisky should post them in our normal e-shop thread if and when some happen. As that is where the Wii U and 3DS have been posted, so no need for an NS specific thread I would think.

#2038 DickDurden   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1100 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:25 PM

If you're still looking for one and you live on the west coast, check Fred Meyer. They got in a bunch for their weekly ad. My local store has had barely any since launch but they had a ton today.

#2039 chuckywang   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1644 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

chuckywang

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:12 PM

How is stock looking nowdays in the Chicago area?

#2040 Rickybobby1234  

Rickybobby1234

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:15 PM

Second the Chicago area question, It seems really hard to find, especially with all that Gamestop credit to burn.