* * - - - 12 votes

Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

#2251 Ferrari Racer   Reporter for CAGNetwork CAGiversary!   6277 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:59 PM

https://www.walmart....type=10&veh=aff

Splatoon 2 bundle in stock!

Gamertag - ITS DAT DAM KID. NNID: Its_Pikachu.

#2252 scottman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3364 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:34 PM

I would love to see switch sales numbers for the past week.  It had to be the most units available since launch.

#2253 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1361 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:50 AM

I would love to see switch sales numbers for the past week. It had to be the most units available since launch.

The last month has had a steady stream. July sales were great though no numbers were given. The PS4 surprisingly was neck and neck according to npd.

http://www.dualshock...intendo-switch/

Too bad the bending issue is popping up though. That's unfortunate for all of those people affected.

#2254 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4693 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:19 AM

The last month has had a steady stream. Too bad the bending issue is popping up though. That's unfortunate for all of those people affected.

Actually, out of all the NS issues so far(left JC sync issue, bad Wi-Fi, screen scratching, etc), the bending is actually the best problem to have, as it really doesn't affect performance in any way, or hinder the use of the actual system.

Now of course over time, if the bend gets bad enough, it could cause an issue to some internal component, but so far, no reports of those types of issues have happened. So, unless someone lays the system flat, or uses a level on it, no one would really know the warping is even there.

#2255 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   3921 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:02 PM

Actually, out of all the NS issues so far(left JC sync issue, bad Wi-Fi, screen scratching, etc), the bending is actually the best problem to have, as it really doesn't affect performance in any way, or hinder the use of the actual system.

Now of course over time, if the bend gets bad enough, it could cause an issue to some internal component, but so far, no reports of those types of issues have happened. So, unless someone lays the system flat, or uses a level on it, no one would really know the warping is even there.

Knowing Nintendo they will claim that the bending issue is normal and doesn't affect gameplay, and they won't fix it. Sadly based on all the issues with the Switch, it's clear that it was rushed out without proper testing after the Wii U bombed out. I would personally just return the system to the retailer if I had any of these problems, and wait for a better (fixed) version of the handheld.

#2256 mywhitenoise   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1186 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

mywhitenoise

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:19 PM

People said the same thing about the iPhone 6 Plus back when it came out.  "Its just a bend, it's not that prevalent, and it doesn't affect performance"...fast forward a year later, everyone has/will have "touch disease" on their iPhone 6 Plus.

Posted Image

#2257 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3478 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:47 PM

Neither.  Made up problem.  

Wake me up if it becomes an actual problem.  I wouldn't doubt if yours was like that day one too.  Pretty sure mine was. 

VEry much a non-issue at the moment.  Don't notice it unless you eyeball it.  Doesn't affect anything.  IT's just not perfectly level is all.  But if ever look at your walls or your floor you would notice those things are not perfectly level either. 

How much does Nintendo pay you per post? 

#2258 trip1eX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1567 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:43 PM

Gotta love the sales of the Switch in July and Splatoon too.  Also gotta love how many spend their precious time trolling Nitnendo threads. 

Decent amt of  stock in my area now.  Anyone wanting one in town can get one for the time being.  

#2259 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   529 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:15 PM

What's the worldwide sales and US/NA sales total supposed to be now?

I remember after month one they touted this 2.7M number (must have been WW not just US) but then in month two it was a modest 200,000 to 275k more). I guess that's normal, not a sign that it's only popular for the same 5M early adopters as Wii U and will only add another 5 over its lifetime. But the 18M fiscal 2017 number they touted seemed way too optimistic.

I'm just hoping it sells well enough so that 3rd parties keep supporting it.

#2260 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1361 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:59 PM

How much does Nintendo pay you per post?

Most of us have him on ignore. His shilling got old months ago. So his antics go largely unnoticed. Lol!

#2261 R3DH3R0   13 Years and Counting CAGiversary!   2699 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:29 AM

Some local Target's in Vegas have stock of both neon and grey today. Was at Targets on the NW side of town. Was looking for the LE Alien Covenant that wasn't in a spider wrap, I failed :[

Formerly aTaRiFrEaK223

#2262 trip1eX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1567 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:34 AM

What's the worldwide sales and US/NA sales total supposed to be now?

I remember after month one they touted this 2.7M number (must have been WW not just US) but then in month two it was a modest 200,000 to 275k more). I guess that's normal, not a sign that it's only popular for the same 5M early adopters as Wii U and will only add another 5 over its lifetime. But the 18M fiscal 2017 number they touted seemed way too optimistic.

I'm just hoping it sells well enough so that 3rd parties keep supporting it.

I think 10 million was Nintendo's estimate for the year/fiscal year.  I wouldn't call it more than a 1st party system.  

They should hit 10 million with Mario and xmas coming up.  

#2263 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   4829 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:39 AM

The way the switch is selling it could be even more popular than the ds or snes, it's a little early to predict any of that though
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#2264 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3478 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:27 AM

I really wouldn't mind buying one of these down the line, but I'd want them to fix the hardware issues that plague a lot of owners. Given how little they're making and how fast they're selling makes that an impossibility for the foreseeable future unfortunately. 

#2265 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11163 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:45 AM

The way the switch is selling it could be even more popular than the ds or snes, it's a little early to predict any of that though

By popular do you mean sales? If so there is a pretty big gap between snes and the ds lol

Deader2818.png

#2266 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   4829 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:10 AM

I mean we don't know how many versions of the switch we are going to get, we had the ds, dslite , dsi, 3ds, 3ds xl,new 3ds, new3ds xl, 2ds xl.

Then we had the wii and Wii U

My real concern is this: if I download 200 dollars of Eshop games and then Nintendo makes a new upgraded switch that I want to buy, id have to rebuy those 200 dollars of games, Fuck that

Posted Image

#2267 scottman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3364 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:11 AM

I mean we don't know how many versions of the switch we are going to get, we had the ds, dslite , dsi, 3ds, 3ds xl,new 3ds, new3ds xl, 2ds xl.

Then we had the wii and Wii U

My real concern is this: if I download 200 dollars of Eshop games and then Nintendo makes a new upgraded switch that I want to buy, id have to rebuy those 200 dollars of games, Fuck that

For all of the ds incarnations with dlc capabilities, they allowed transfer of the content, although not as simple as it should be.  Consoles have not had upgraded versions, but I don't see why they wouldn't allow transfers in some difficult nintendo way if an unlikely upgraded version ever came out.

#2268 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4693 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:32 PM

For all of the ds incarnations with dlc capabilities, they allowed transfer of the content, although not as simple as it should be.  Consoles have not had upgraded versions, but I don't see why they wouldn't allow transfers in some difficult nintendo way if an unlikely upgraded version ever came out.

Yeah, as shit as "N" is 90% of the time, they do allow for transfer of games from one system in a line to another. I've done 4-5 3DS transfers personally, and while rather time consuming, the process in general worked rather well. Everything stays 100% as it was, from folders, to settings. I've only done the Vita transfer 2 times I believe, and that wasn't so much a transfer, as it was just deactivating one system, and reactivating another. But when your done, nothing is saved, so you have to re-do folders(bubbles), wallpapers, etc and it's a HUGE pain in the ass.

So "N" while doing something that is way out of touch with the current industry standards, I do give them credit, but of course a unified account would be best, but that seems like it will never happen. Hell, how long will it even take for VC and other online features to even start? These guys biggest revenue stream should be their past library, and it's really an after thought to them most of the time, which shows how clueless they are more often than not.

#2269 beefdongle   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   23 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

beefdongle

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:05 PM

Snagged a Switch at a Gamestop in Columbia, SC. A Target was listed as having one on istocknow but the ones at Gamestop weren't listed. Apparently the district manager went around the stores and dropped off a few each yesterday. Glad I was able to use my trade-in credit.

Edit: Only the gray versions were in stock, unfortunately.

#2270 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   4829 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:26 PM

I prefer the gray over the red/blue. And good to know about the transferring dlcs

Posted Image

#2271 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4693 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:39 PM

Snagged a Switch at a Gamestop in Columbia, SC. A Target was listed as having one on istocknow but the ones at Gamestop weren't listed. Apparently the district manager went around the stores and dropped off a few each yesterday. Glad I was able to use my trade-in credit.

Edit: Only the gray versions were in stock, unfortunately.

So have they finally stopped forcing those bundles on consumers, and just selling the system on it's own?

#2272 ihadmail  

ihadmail

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:47 PM

So have they finally stopped forcing those bundles on consumers, and just selling the system on it's own?

For now, but only in store. Local prestige store told me yesterday that all SC district stores had more in reserve and would be distributed on a sales performance basis.

#2273 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4693 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:02 PM

For now, but only in store. Local prestige store told me yesterday that all SC district stores had more in reserve and would be distributed on a sales performance basis.

So in other words, GS will release the systems when they can make the most from them, gotcha. LOL

I would bet money they are selling some, and keeping some, and once the holidays roll around, and people can't find them anymore, the bundles will be back, and probably worst than before. Honestly, some of the bundles where decent, as most items included, someone may have bought anyways.

Now those Thinkgeek bundles, is a completely different matter. A bunch of crap they can't give away, and then they want to prey on desperation, and move "junk", that's just BS.

#2274 GizmoGC   I love Cheese CAGiversary!   12317 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:08 PM

Yeah, as shit as "N" is 90% of the time, they do allow for transfer of games from one system in a line to another. I've done 4-5 3DS transfers personally, and while rather time consuming, the process in general worked rather well. Everything stays 100% as it was, from folders, to settings. I've only done the Vita transfer 2 times I believe, and that wasn't so much a transfer, as it was just deactivating one system, and reactivating another. But when your done, nothing is saved, so you have to re-do folders(bubbles), wallpapers, etc and it's a HUGE pain in the ass.

So "N" while doing something that is way out of touch with the current industry standards, I do give them credit, but of course a unified account would be best, but that seems like it will never happen. Hell, how long will it even take for VC and other online features to even start? These guys biggest revenue stream should be their past library, and it's really an after thought to them most of the time, which shows how clueless they are more often than not.

Why do you even post if "N" is such shit? You can post paragraphs of garbage but can't type Nintendo? do you even own a switch? Why are you here? Why do you have the most posts in this thread?

Questions never too be answered. 

#2275 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4693 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:54 PM

Why do you even post if "N" is such shit? You can post paragraphs of garbage but can't type Nintendo? do you even own a switch? Why are you here? Why do you have the most posts in this thread?

Questions never too be answered. 

Because I feel like it, and because I can.

Question asked, and answered!

#2276 trip1eX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1567 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:07 PM

GS got a ton of stock this week if you missed it.  Every store had at least 5. No bundles.    BestBuy got a ton of stock as well.  

CAn't vouch for Target or Walmart.  Amazon had enough stock to last a day or so. 

Many GS's still have them in stock right now.  Same with BB. BestBuy disabled the ability to check Switch stock online again after they briefly re-enabled it so you have to go into your local store to check.  

#2277 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11163 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:36 PM

Yeah all stores got a good sized restock this week and they have been hanging around.

Supply seems to be out pacing demand now

Deader2818.png

#2278 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   529 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:33 PM

Okay you were right about the 10 million, whatever website said 18 was huge speculation, however the 10M is April 1st '17 to March 30th 2018, so doesn't include the early March launch and initial 2.75M units.

So in its first full year, by 3/11/17 seems like they expect to hit the five year lifetime sales of the Wii U.

By June 30th Zelda without Wii U was at 4M, Mario Kart which launched two months later at 3.75M, and arms and 1-2-S at about 1.5 each. So even though technically there are far more Wii Us still out there, the attach rate is huge. Splatoon must also be killin' it. Cause that was a late in its life (after people traded away) Wii U game.

#2279 reaperztoll  

reaperztoll

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:55 PM

Until they enable saves to be copied and moved they haven't addressed one of the bigger annoyances about the system. It's not keeping it from selling but it is a pain in the butt.

Too much real life, not enough time for video games

#2280 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   3921 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:04 PM

Okay you were right about the 10 million, whatever website said 18 was huge speculation, however the 10M is April 1st '17 to March 30th 2018, so doesn't include the early March launch and initial 2.75M units.

So in its first full year, by 3/11/17 seems like they expect to hit the five year lifetime sales of the Wii U.

By June 30th Zelda without Wii U was at 4M, Mario Kart which launched two months later at 3.75M, and arms and 1-2-S at about 1.5 each. So even though technically there are far more Wii Us still out there, the attach rate is huge. Splatoon must also be killin' it. Cause that was a late in its life (after people traded away) Wii U game.

The attach rate for those games was "huge" because there were very few games available for the handheld. I don't see many 3rd party games coming out in the near future, besides some indies. Switch is widely available now, but the game library is still small and very limited. Unless Nintendo can somehow get many more 3rd party developers on board, it's going to have a difficult time. And the lack of power will directly impact potential ports of 3rd party games, leaving original content as the remaining option.

Add to all that the many design flaws and defects, it's going to be a rough road ahead.