* * - - - 13 votes

Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

#241 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:41 PM

Midwest states are getting stock now like NE, ND, MT, UT and more CA stores.

#242 justadude  

justadude

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:42 PM

$40+ isn't bad, but based on the system cost, I personally wouldn't tie up that initial cost, for that size return(to risky). If a person happens to have a defective unit in their batch, once you've dealt with the return, and everything that goes with it, yeah, that's not to appealing. But I guess if a scalper is dealing in a big enough qty, it might negate any issues.

But we see it here all the time, the big risk with a rather small return. Now if I can buy a game for $60, and sale it for $40+ in pocket, it's worth it every time, but tying up 300+ with the possible variables of system problems, it would have to be $100 for me to even consider it. But I guess each person has their own level of what it is worth to them, so great for those doing it I guess.

Sure on eBay they might go for $450 which after fees and shipping you might net $50, which the amount of legwork required doesn't really seem worth it. But it you do it on Craigslist and you're making $100+ profit and never have to deal with the guy again then you're doing okay.

#243 asgaga   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   437 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:52 PM

Midwest states are getting stock now like NE, ND, MT, UT and more CA stores.

just got mine in west texas thanks for the updates :)

they told me i got the last one, but i saw a box of switches on the floor. so i guess they holding some for themselves...

#244 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3317 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:53 PM

2 Stores I've been hunting both today (1200pm UPS) and yesterday (both opening and 12pm UPS) didn't get any in.  2 separate stores.  But the other ones in the area all report either having them for opening and insta-sellout or getting them in via UPS and (again) insta-sellout.  I think I'm putting my hunt on hold until the stock shows up.  One game doesn't seem worth the hassle.

#245 ROBzilla7577  

ROBzilla7577

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:00 PM

Really want to play Zelda on my train ride into work.  Think I'll wait a month or two until I try to find a Switch.

#246 linkstart  

linkstart

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:01 PM

I really hope Minnesota gets another shipment this week. All of them were gone within an hour yesterday and a lot of the stores only got 3 units. 

#247 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:02 PM

just got mine in west texas thanks for the updates :)

they told me i got the last one, but i saw a box of switches on the floor. so i guess they holding some for themselves...

That has been a common theme with GS employees lately with all the scarce Nintendo products.

#248 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6723 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:11 PM

PSA: there's a Switch forum in the Nintendo section now!

#249 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3904 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:17 PM

Looks like Walmart is getting these too.  I hit brickseek and one of my local stores had 5 in stock.  They now have four as I bought one and I found one of the $12 WiiU Pro controllers.  So, my hunt for the system is over.  I wasn't planning to chase restocks or anything, just wait till Walmart had them.

One thing I will note about my store.  They only shelved one system.  But the stock did adjust on brickseek to 4 after I bought mine.  So, it's possible they are putting them out one at a time at some stores to limit the scalpers.   Whatever the case I'm happy.  I got my Switch and a cheap WiiU Pro controller (plan to use this with my NES Classic through a wireless adapter and maybe even the WiiU).

Good luck to anyone legitimately looking for a system to actually play.  Now I can open my switch copy of Breath of the Wild.

#250 TheRealRainFall  

TheRealRainFall

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:39 PM

Looks like Walmart is getting these too.  I hit brickseek and one of my local stores had 5 in stock.  They now have four as I bought one and I found one of the $12 WiiU Pro controllers.  So, my hunt for the system is over.  I wasn't planning to chase restocks or anything, just wait till Walmart had them.

One thing I will note about my store.  They only shelved one system.  But the stock did adjust on brickseek to 4 after I bought mine.  So, it's possible they are putting them out one at a time at some stores to limit the scalpers.   Whatever the case I'm happy.  I got my Switch and a cheap WiiU Pro controller (plan to use this with my NES Classic through a wireless adapter and maybe even the WiiU).

Good luck to anyone legitimately looking for a system to actually play.  Now I can open my switch copy of Breath of the Wild.

Brickseek inventories are often way out of date. At best, they're the 8am inventory.

#251 Blade3D   Grandmaster Swag CAGiversary!   4359 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:44 PM

Spreadsheet said in stock got there dude said they were out

#252 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3317 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:47 PM

Honestly, it's just like calling stores.  You can call the store all day long, but if someone comes in between the phone call and you getting there.  And this is one of those things where it is DEFINITELY hit or miss.  I mean, a group of people actually camping out in the store waiting for the UPS guy.  Not 1-2... try 5-10.  In multiple stores.  

#253 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

Is the store still on the sheet and reporting In Stock?

#254 daring  

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:52 PM

well, i just called a walmart that shows 5 gray and 7 neon in stock on brickseek and per the electronic employee, they are all sold out yesterday.  

i recommend calling your wally before rushing there.

#255 daring  

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:01 PM

These NS are going quick. Called another walmart and they got in more than 10, all sold out this morning. where are the other people getting stock inventory status form? CAG is pretty good with these stuff and i'm sure SD too, is there other website that reports these kind of data?

#256 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3904 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

Brickseek inventories are often way out of date. At best, they're the 8am inventory.

Yeah, but it literally adjusted by 1 after my purchase was complete.  It didn't take all day for it to update.  Within 45min of my purchase it went from 5 to 4.   They updated quantity mid day.  I'm overall just saying, check your stores and be aware it's possible they are only shelving them one at a time.

Good luck to those seeking the system.  I'm really happy to have this.  I hope Ultra Street Fighter 2 ends up great as I have a whole crew of people at work I can challenge during breaks.

#257 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3904 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:04 PM

These NS are going quick. Called another walmart and they got in more than 10, all sold out this morning. where are the other people getting stock inventory status form? CAG is pretty good with these stuff and i'm sure SD too, is there other website that reports these kind of data?

brickseek.com and use the sku:55449983 for the gray model.

EDIT:  I didn't see your post before this.  I think the best you can do to track this stuff brickseek at this point.  Had my local store not had one on the shelf I would have just shrugged and been happy with my $12 wiiu pro controller and a few other items I needed to get anyway.

#258 Blade3D   Grandmaster Swag CAGiversary!   4359 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:08 PM

Is the store still on the sheet and reporting In Stock?

Says low stock on the sheets...was in stock when I left.

#259 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:12 PM

Says low stock on the sheets...was in stock when I left.

Probably sold the last one that wasn't claimed by an employee.

#260 Blade3D   Grandmaster Swag CAGiversary!   4359 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:27 PM

Probably sold the last one that wasn't claimed by an employee.

Ya I figured he was being shady...

#261 trip1eX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1599 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:38 PM

On my way to grab a Switch.  Hopefully they still have one.  I need to convert my last $300 of trade credit into cash.  

#262 Faithful   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   769 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Faithful

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:04 PM

Yeah employees being shady. A location I called that wasn't on the spreadsheet yet said none in stock. Then showed up literally minutes later on the next refresh with In Stock on the spreadsheet.

Coincidence? Maybe, but I'm thinking it's not.

#263 kirthew   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   45 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:29 PM

I called a few Gamestops here around Seattle, and then looked at the sheet in Everett, WA. Said In stock, called and told was in stock but selling as bundles only. I got there and their bundle was Switch, Zelda, Zelda DLC, Guide CE, Case, and travel adapter. I told him that I was just going to return everything I didn't want and originally he told me I couldn't. Then I talked him into remove the case and travel adapter. Once he did that, he rung up everything else. Left and stopped at a second gamestop and returned the guide. They asked why I was returning it and told them that I was forced to buy it in a bundle package to get the Switch. Assistant Manager grabbed receipt and shook his head when he saw the name. Told me to do survey and be completely honest. Watch out for associates doing shady shit like this.

#264 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6860 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:35 PM

I'm kind of surprised these are selling so quickly in March. Christmas time? Sure, but usually a March release of something isn't too hard to come by. The 3DS was easy to find, Vita was easy to find, Wii U was easy to find, Xbox One wasn't hard to find, the only thing I remember being this hard to find that still had preorders were the PS4. They were tough to find there for awhile.

And of course AirPods. I gave up on those, 4 months later and 6 week lead time? Screw that, I'll just get a cheap $20 pair somewhere.

#265 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3904 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:57 PM

I'm kind of surprised these are selling so quickly in March. Christmas time? Sure, but usually a March release of something isn't too hard to come by.

I'm not surprised at all.  They launched with a AAA game.  They have enough other stuff to really bridge the gap between now and Christmas/Mario.  I have a huge library between all of my systems... but looking over the next month alone and I'm feeling pretty good.  I have Zelda already.  Ultra Street Fighter 2 next week.  In April I'm definitely getting Mario Kart and possibly puyo puyo tetris.  It's really more gaming than I can keep up with from one system and I haven't even decided yet on eshop stuff like the new Blaster Master Zero.

Usually a system launch sucks.  The games are half baked.  The gap between launch and the first real batch of games is 1/2 a year or more.  Nintendo, I think, actually planned this out pretty well.  It won't appeal to every gamer, but there's enough here even without factoring in my other systems to keep busy.

#266 dorkyden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   838 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:02 PM

Yeah employees being shady. A location I called that wasn't on the spreadsheet yet said none in stock. Then showed up literally minutes later on the next refresh with In Stock on the spreadsheet.

Coincidence? Maybe, but I'm thinking it's not.

or maybe they just got their UPS shipment in and scanned the new inventory into the system?

no doubt there are shady employees, but i believe most errors come from delay more than dishonesty. 

#267 trip1eX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1599 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:07 PM

STruck out at the first GS.  Sheets said in stock, but last 2 went to 2 guys ahead of me.  IT seemed like one of them had it reserved.  I wouldn't doubt if there was another behind the counter that was "reserved" for another guy.  Clerk had the fake look of  i Have no Switches here behind the counter except the 1 or 2 I'm not telling about.   ;)

So I took off for the other GS in town.   Sheets said low stock but I needed to kill some time so wtf.   And I see 4 people at the counter.  I figure ok definitely no Switches now.    But then I see  they are buying a used 360.  And the clerk recognizes me and  says you're here to get the Switch aren't you. Yeah I am.  Do you actually have one? I say.  And he says, yep we got one.  Sweet.  So I wait my turn in line while this group of 4 buys a used 320gb 360 for $180 while I roll my eyes without rolling them.   Clerk said he got calls all day.  But no one came to get the last one.  Tied up at work or school  I guess.  He talks me into a membership renewal/I throw him a bone. And I go home with a Switch to probably scalp.

#268 Faithful   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   769 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Faithful

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:10 PM

or maybe they just got their UPS shipment in and scanned the new inventory into the system?

no doubt there are shady employees, but i believe most errors come from delay more than dishonesty.

By the next refresh the store dropped off the list. Sure I guess the 5 minutes between the time I called UPS could have showed up and they got the systems logged in the system right at the moment Blackbeard updated the spreadsheet, but I'm thinking more of they were sitting there already.

#269 BelgarathTAO   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   60 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

BelgarathTAO

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:19 PM

I tried calling a couple in WA that listed as in stock or low stock, but they were all sold out.  Each one offered a bundle that they said they could guarantee it would be in by the 31st.

Then out of the blue my awesome wife calls from Wal-Mart and says she is buying one!  So I guess there is more stock everywhere.

Good luck to you all!

#270 StainedCarpet   Boy if you dont CAGiversary!   136 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

StainedCarpet

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:39 PM

So I checked the sheet in the morning, and no stores had gotten their shipments in my entire city (Vegas). I had some time to I decided to go to my local store (which gets little to no traffic) and see what was up, maybe they got their shipment yesterday and hadn't put them in the system. I got there before they opened, there was no line or anything. I asked the guy if they had any Switches in stock, he gave me the standard "we might have a few when we get our shipment, check back in a few hours". I chatted with the guy for a bit and he noticed I had the "Switch info" pre-order thing from a few weeks back and he said if I wanted to, I could wait a few hours in the store until the shipment comes in, and he could possibly secure me a console. Did just that, the shipment came in around 11:30, they got a total of 5. He was allowed to sell 3, 2 were for preordered bundles. Within the time the store opened and the shipment came in, about 3 people came in asking for Switch consoles and one other person called. He sold me one of the consoles as soon as he got them, and put the rest of them in the system inventory. I re-upped my PUR membership as a way to throw the guy a bone for the excellent customer service.

Don't give up hope dudes. 😄