Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The Switch is here! And some of us are still struggling to find one D:

Let's help each other out!

Keep in mind if the price in these links are over retail it's a 3rd party seller.

NowInStock and Brickseek are options for finding info on stock, but it's not very accurate sometimes- http://www.nowinstock.net/

MARIO ODYSSEY BUNDLE

Gamestop - http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-bundle/153465

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-edition-red-joy-con/5919905.p?skuId=5919905&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-OgVhAbX9LaZfnQUbxjDyow

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B075N7RDTM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20?th=1

OTHER SYSTEMS

WALMART

Splatoon 2 Bundle - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Hardware-with-Splatoon-2-Neon-Green-Neon-Pink-Joy-Cons-Nintendo-Switch/394092847?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=01744705420918584935&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Gray- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Gray-Joy-Con/291008375

Neon- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-with-Neon-Blue-and-Neon-Red-Joy-Con/714679279

BEST BUY

Gray- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003

Neon- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con/5670100.p?skuId=5670100

GAMESTOP

Gray- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-gray-joy-con/141820

Neon- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-neon-blue-and-neon-red-joy-con/141887

AMAZON

Gray- https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy-Con/dp/B01LTHP2ZK/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1489860263&sr=1-3&keywords=nintendo+switch

Neon- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=twister_B01N6ROMCO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

TARGET

Gray- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con/-/A-52052007

Neon- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-and-red-joy-con/-/A-52189185

Toys R Us

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=119659196&sr=1&origkw=nintendo%20switch%20console&ff=Taxonomy&fg=Category&fd=&fv=2254197

Last edited by a moderator:
I want a switch bad but you know they'll have a killer holiday bundle this bf. So torn.

I just need to know the stock availablity of the Pro controller. Joycons just don't cut it.
Honestly, in my own opinion, it just depends on the game. I am having a blast with Zelda with my joycons. I do suspect that I'll need a pro controller for splatoon 2. I will also give that the benefit of the doubt just in case I can get used to it like with Zelda. I am leaning more toward the "I will need one" side, but as I have said before, $70 is a hard ass pill to swallow. I paid that much for my Elite Xbox One controller and this comes no where NEAR that value...

Honestly, in my own opinion, it just depends on the game. I am having a blast with Zelda with my joycons. I do suspect that I'll need a pro controller for splatoon 2. I will also give that the benefit of the doubt just in case I can get used to it like with Zelda. I am leaning more toward the "I will need one" side, but as I have said before, $70 is a hard ass pill to swallow. I paid that much for my Elite Xbox One controller and this comes no where NEAR that value...
The issue is the syncing, unfortunately the pro controller is the only way you can have the best experience

The issue is the syncing, unfortunately the pro controller is the only way you can have the best experience
Oh ok. I haven't had a syncing issue. Only time I resync is when I go from handheld to tabletop mode. Just asks me to hit the L and R buttons and press A. Only time I have ever seen anything to do with syncing...

Zelda is what I am having issues with.

The top buttons L/R are just too small for me. The entire JoyCon feels entirely too small, especially the analog sticks. When I'm playing the game there is a nagging feeling that I can control/play the game better with a properly sized controller. I also am having issues losing response with the left joycon, and the dock/tablet is only 5 feet away.

Cost is definitely an issue but I feel that I can mitigate that with Gamestop's 50% trade boost towards Switch accessories, and no tax when using GS credit. All Nintendo accessories are costly and I doubt they will reduce the price anytime soon. May as well invest in one now for the only game I will likely play on the Switch until December.

I want a switch bad but you know they'll have a killer holiday bundle this bf. So torn.
I doubt it. When you have the fastest selling system in your history and need to go so far as to double the pace of production to keep up with demand I don't see Nintendo feeling the need for a bundle. Now if it had stumbled out of the gate? Mario Kart Christmas bundle for $300, sure. But it didn't. If you want now I'd say buy it now as soon as you see stock.

I have no idea who to ask this..... nintendo switch are supposed to be rare? you can't get them in stores, yet the prices on ebay and on my local craigslist aren't very high, basically retail.... which doesn't make sense in regards to the law of supply and demand..... so anyone know why? people want the system, they just refuse to pay scalping prices?

I have no idea who to ask this..... nintendo switch are supposed to be rare? you can't get them in stores, yet the prices on ebay and on my local craigslist aren't very high, basically retail.... which doesn't make sense in regards to the law of supply and demand..... so anyone know why? people want the system, they just refuse to pay scalping prices?
I have no idea what you're talking about. In my area they start around $440 on cl, and on eBay they seem to be going for $500ish. That an easy $100+ profit.

demand is there for MSRP but not so much above that. Most of the people who REALLY wanted to play BOTW on the switch got one at release, while there are a few who still want one there are very, very few who will pay $500+

I mean there are nearly 12k listings for it on eBay, a quick look shows ~20 selling an hour or ~400 a day (lot fewer sales in the off hours), which means it would take 30 days to simply exhaust the switch supply thats currently just on eBay, not to mention more going up all the time. A LOT are selling for $400-450 or so too, which after eBay fees and taxes is really just a $30-60 profit.

We also already have seen reports now that more switches are going to be available at gamestop on Mar 22, at Target and Walmart around that same time, and Nintendo is going to produce 16m switches in the next 12 months, up from original estimate of 8m (they have sold a little under 2m so far). So sure, there are definitely people who want it NOW and will pay whatever, but that pool of people is shrinking fast and will more or less be gone soon as switches start flooding the channels once manufacturing catches up.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-to-double-production-of-switch-console-1489728545

My Switch had defective Wi-Fi (very slow speeds on multiple routers 2.6mbps on an N and 50mbps on an AC when my phone would get 50 on the former and 230mbps on the latter), so I had to return it. I didn't play games on it so I don't know if my joy con and the extra joy con I purchased have de-syncing issues. I already have an opened copy of Zelda and planned on buying a replacement system when available at Best Buy (due to having lots of reward certificates), but given all the issues with the launch systems, I wonder if I should wait until Mario is released and hope things get ironed out. I wanted to play Zelda and Mario Kart 8 battle mode, but getting stuck with another defective unit that I couldn't sell down the line (if they make multiple iterations like the DS) would suck.

Last edited:
Can't wait for their hardware devision to go out of business, so they can make Mario games on my Xbox and ps4.

Zelda is what I am having issues with.

The top buttons L/R are just too small for me. The entire JoyCon feels entirely too small, especially the analog sticks. When I'm playing the game there is a nagging feeling that I can control/play the game better with a properly sized controller. I also am having issues losing response with the left joycon, and the dock/tablet is only 5 feet away.

Cost is definitely an issue but I feel that I can mitigate that with Gamestop's 50% trade boost towards Switch accessories, and no tax when using GS credit. All Nintendo accessories are costly and I doubt they will reduce the price anytime soon. May as well invest in one now for the only game I will likely play on the Switch until December.
I've had 0 issues playing zelda on my wii u.

demand is there for MSRP but not so much above that. Most of the people who REALLY wanted to play BOTW on the switch got one at release, while there are a few who still want one there are very, very few who will pay $500+

I mean there are nearly 12k listings for it on eBay, a quick look shows ~20 selling an hour or ~400 a day (lot fewer sales in the off hours), which means it would take 30 days to simply exhaust the switch supply thats currently just on eBay, not to mention more going up all the time. A LOT are selling for $400-450 or so too, which after eBay fees and taxes is really just a $30-60 profit.

We also already have seen reports now that more switches are going to be available at gamestop on Mar 22, at Target and Walmart around that same time, and Nintendo is going to produce 16m switches in the next 12 months, up from original estimate of 8m (they have sold a little under 2m so far). So sure, there are definitely people who want it NOW and will pay whatever, but that pool of people is shrinking fast and will more or less be gone soon as switches start flooding the channels once manufacturing catches up.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-to-double-production-of-switch-console-1489728545
I guess that means resources will be devoted to the switch now instead of cranking out more nes classics

Selling my Xbox to get a switch, it seems as Zelda shits on all of the Xbox games.
I just finished the main dungeons, it's a pretty decent game but I felt like the witcher 3 was easily better at this point.

That said, I keep my Xbox for media and playing gears 4 with friends. There's no point in one since everything is coming to PC now.

Also I kinda want a Switch, but playing Zelda on Wii U. With nothing else really on the horizon for awhile, I may just wait. I dunno.

I just finished the main dungeons, it's a pretty decent game but I felt like the witcher 3 was easily better at this point.

That said, I keep my Xbox for media and playing gears 4 with friends. There's no point in one since everything is coming to PC now.

Also I kinda want a Switch, but playing Zelda on Wii U. With nothing else really on the horizon for awhile, I may just wait. I dunno.
I feel you. I just beat zelda last night and I was like "we'll now what".

At least there is the splatoon 2 test fire end of the month.

Mario kart next month but I played a lot of the wii u one so not sure if I'll get.

I agree, but I use my PS4 so much more than the Xbox. I don't think I've turned it on since the end of Dec. It seems as if the Xbox is an oversized paperweight.

so happy i sold my last one last nite!!!
How much did you sell it for, and what did you include? The vigilante justice warriors on craigslist flagged my post and it wasn't even up for a day before it was removed. Even though there are literally zero in the area they argued that they could still be had for "$350 from other ads"... even though every other ad posted was asking AT LEAST $450.

I guess that means resources will be devoted to the switch now instead of cranking out more nes classics
There have been rumors for the last month or two, saying they stopped production on the Classic. I don't know how true that is, but outside of a few small restocks since December, it may be true.

They still go for a decent price on the secondary market, so the demand is still there, and why they would stop for something like that, is beyond reason, but I wouldn't think it should be this hard past the Holidays to fill in supplies, so they may have stopped.

I'm hoping I can get one. I'll have to work, but my SIster said she'd wait in line if I paid her. Hopefully I can get the neon version.

How much did you sell it for, and what did you include? The vigilante justice warriors on craigslist flagged my post and it wasn't even up for a day before it was removed. Even though there are literally zero in the area they argued that they could still be had for "$350 from other ads"... even though every other ad posted was asking AT LEAST $450.
Wait, they can remove your Craigslist ad for asking too much?

Wait, they can remove your Craigslist ad for asking too much?
Somebody got their panties in a wad, and flagged it enough times to get it taken down. Apparently that requires different IP addresses to do so, but honestly I'm still not sure of the specifics. After some googling, it would appear this would require a) using a bot to flag the listing until it was removed, b) flagging the listing from multiple devices, or c) going into the cmd window and renewing their IP address each time they flagged the listing (however many times that may be). Either way, they must have no life as all the above requires some sort of time/effort on their behalf. Pretty petty if you ask me, especially since I received a text afterwards from this person threatening to keep flagging my post and getting it taken down if I reposted it.

Had the following listed (prices in parenthesis are the current new price on amazon):

• Grey joy-con switch console - $449.99 (amazon)

• Pro Controller - $94.99 (amazon)

• Carrying Case - $19.99 (amazon)

• Breath of the Wild - $57.99 (Amazon)

• 128gb SD card - $47.50 (Amazon)

The prices above are if you were to buy everything together, today, off Amazon. So all this stuff brand new comes out to over $650, and even best case scenario where you get Zelda at GCU and the SD card cheaper, that's still hovering around $640 - $650. My stuff was lightly used, yes, but at $600 which I posted at, I think that's fair given the scarcity of the console (especially since I probably would have gone down to about $550 after negotiating with whomever may have been interested in buying it). Even if the person could have gotten everything brand new, no issues, at retail price... that's still $300+$70+$20+$58+$48 = $496 (plus then you have to add taxes which brings it around $530).

+1 but let's see how it plays during the beta demo this week

I also wouldn't pay $70 for a Nintendo controller , as I stand firm to never [have] bought a Sony DS2,DS3 or Ds4 for more than $35-45, and $45 only if i broke one (btw I love the new ds4)

Maybe 3rd party pro joy sticks will be good??

+1 but let's see how it plays during the beta demo this week

I also wouldn't pay $70 for a Nintendo controller , as I stand firm to never [have] bought a Sony DS2,DS3 or Ds4 for more than $35-45, and $45 only if i broke one (btw I love the new ds4)

Maybe 3rd party pro joy sticks will be good??
Honestly I wish hey would have released two versions of the pro controller, one with the amiibo sensor thing and one without. There's a lot of people who don't care about amiibo, and to make them pay a premium for that tech (which is what I assume drove the price up) in the pro controller is stupid.

My local gamestop still have 2 Neo Switch system and 1 regular . No one even want it ..even it's in middle of shopping center area

My local gamestop still have 2 Neo Switch system and 1 regular . No one even want it ..even it's in middle of shopping center area
Are you with Sony or MS? 😆 By your English , I'm guessing PayPal /eBay or Amazon you trickster

There are only 2000 listings on EBay. You have to filter out everything but the consoles. Stock has been slowly dwindling over the past 10 days. It was over 10k. Also many listings have a quantity greater than 1 and the number of listings left on Ebay reflect not only the number sold but also the number of new listings added.

Even with more coming I think there will be a tight supply for the next few months. IF they are doubling production then it won't happen overnight. Stores probably won't get a ton of units in the next month. Mario Kart is coming late April, and even though it's just a port, many haven't played it and it's one of their most popular franchises. The Switch isn't the mainstream craze that the Wii was, but does have the advantage of being both a handheld and a console and sales seem likely to reflect that.

The Switch has steadily sold for $400ish on Ebay since launch so it's going for a decent amt over MSRP. But obviously $100 above isn't enough for resellers to make much money after fees and shipping. Prices have increased as supply has gotten really tight.

Honestly I wish hey would have released two versions of the pro controller, one with the amiibo sensor thing and one without. There's a lot of people who don't care about amiibo, and to make them pay a premium for that tech (which is what I assume drove the price up) in the pro controller is stupid.
Nice concept but no go. Nintendo would much rather you HAVE the option to get sucked into amiibos than not.

Also, producing multiple SKUs on tech (rather than cosmetics - e.g., color schemes) tends to confuse your mom and dad consumers. Better for Nintendo to just stick to one version, even if it means that the item is (admittedly) egregiously overpriced compared to its competitors.

Because they still are not allowing you to see a list of stores with available stock still on the website I will continue to list stores and how much stock they have on my spreadsheet.

IT's also got a 33% larger battery and 30-40 hrs of battery life compared to the ~6 hrs the DS4 gets.

bread's done
Back