* * - - - 7 votes

Nintendo Switch in stock at some stores YMMV

#31 DisGonnaBeGood   Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby! CAGiversary!   2457 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:55 PM

so happy i sold my last one last nite!!!

How much did you sell it for, and what did you include? The vigilante justice warriors on craigslist flagged my post and it wasn't even up for a day before it was removed. Even though there are literally zero in the area they argued that they could still be had for "$350 from other ads"... even though every other ad posted was asking AT LEAST $450.

Personal trade thread

"A motherf***ing bunny"

HFSjU9D.png?1

#32 Retroxcellance   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1029 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Retroxcellance

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:03 PM

My tent is ready

#33 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3876 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:18 PM

I guess that means resources will be devoted to the switch now instead of cranking out more nes classics

There have been rumors for the last month or two, saying they stopped production on the Classic. I don't know how true that is, but outside of a few small restocks since December, it may be true.

They still go for a decent price on the secondary market, so the demand is still there, and why they would stop for something like that, is beyond reason, but I wouldn't think it should be this hard past the Holidays to fill in supplies, so they may have stopped.

#34 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   742 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:42 PM

I'm hoping I can get one. I'll have to work, but my SIster said she'd wait in line if I paid her. Hopefully I can get the neon version.

Forever stuck in Backlog Hell...http://www.thebacklogblog.com
:ps3: Currently Playing : Nothing!
:ps4: Currently Playing : Prey 

:vita: Currently Playing : Nothing!

:xb1: Currently Playing : Nothing!

#35 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:25 PM

How much did you sell it for, and what did you include? The vigilante justice warriors on craigslist flagged my post and it wasn't even up for a day before it was removed. Even though there are literally zero in the area they argued that they could still be had for "$350 from other ads"... even though every other ad posted was asking AT LEAST $450.

Wait, they can remove your Craigslist ad for asking too much?

#36 chrislisting   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1306 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:11 PM

Honestly, in my own opinion, it just depends on the game. I am having a blast with Zelda with my joycons. I do suspect that I'll need a pro controller for splatoon 2. I will also give that the benefit of the doubt just in case I can get used to it like with Zelda. I am leaning more toward the "I will need one" side, but as I have said before, $70 is a hard ass pill to swallow. I paid that much for my Elite Xbox One controller and this comes no where NEAR that value...

+1 but let's see how it plays during the beta demo this week

I also wouldn't pay $70 for a Nintendo controller , as I stand firm to never [have] bought a Sony DS2,DS3 or Ds4 for more than $35-45, and $45 only if i broke one (btw I love the new ds4)

Maybe 3rd party pro joy sticks will be good??

#37 chrislisting   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1306 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:12 PM

(Delete, not needed and couldn't merge)

#38 DisGonnaBeGood   Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby! CAGiversary!   2457 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:20 PM

+1 but let's see how it plays during the beta demo this week

I also wouldn't pay $70 for a Nintendo controller , as I stand firm to never [have] bought a Sony DS2,DS3 or Ds4 for more than $35-45, and $45 only if i broke one (btw I love the new ds4)

Maybe 3rd party pro joy sticks will be good??

Honestly I wish hey would have released two versions of the pro controller, one with the amiibo sensor thing and one without. There's a lot of people who don't care about amiibo, and to make them pay a premium for that tech (which is what I assume drove the price up) in the pro controller is stupid.

Personal trade thread

"A motherf***ing bunny"

HFSjU9D.png?1

#39 chrislisting   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1306 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:33 AM

Good point
While I admit I vaguely understand amiibo I just know I'm not spending extra money for a statue

#40 masterpdx  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:30 AM

My local gamestop still have 2 Neo Switch system and 1 regular . No one even want it ..even it's in middle of shopping center area

#41 Ferrari Racer   Reporter for CAGNetwork CAGiversary!   5852 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:31 AM

that's it?! what the hell. that's similar to whenever the NES Classic came in stock

Gamertag - ITS DAT DAM KID. NNID: Its_Pikachu.

#42 chrislisting   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1306 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:35 AM

My local gamestop still have 2 Neo Switch system and 1 regular . No one even want it ..even it's in middle of shopping center area

Are you with Sony or MS? 😆 By your English , I'm guessing PayPal /eBay or Amazon you trickster

#43 RoninChaos   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   168 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

RoninChaos

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:12 PM

these things are hard to get? my gamestop had 3 of them today.

Don't be that guy.
I don't mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious... but I am so it comes out that way.
-Bill Hicks.

I'm your Huckleberry

#44 trip1eX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1490 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:53 PM

demand is there for MSRP but not so much above that.  Most of the people who REALLY wanted to play BOTW on the switch got one at release, while there are a few who still want one there are very, very few who will pay $500+

I mean there are nearly 12k listings for it on eBay, a quick look shows ~20 selling an hour or ~400 a day (lot fewer sales in the off hours), which means it would take 30 days to simply exhaust the switch supply thats currently just on eBay, not to mention more going up all the time.  A LOT are selling for $400-450 or so too, which after eBay fees and taxes is really just a $30-60 profit.  

We also already have seen reports now that more switches are going to be available at gamestop on Mar 22, at Target and Walmart around that same time, and Nintendo is going to produce 16m switches in the next 12 months, up from original estimate of 8m (they have sold a little under 2m so far).  So sure, there are definitely people who want it NOW and will pay whatever, but that pool of people is shrinking fast and will more or less be gone soon as switches start flooding the channels once manufacturing catches up.

https://www.wsj.com/...sole-1489728545

There are only 2000 listings on EBay.  You have to filter out everything but the consoles.  Stock has been slowly dwindling over the past 10 days.  It was over 10k.  Also many listings have a quantity greater than 1 and the number of listings left on Ebay reflect not only the number sold but also the number of new listings added.

Even with more coming I think there will be a tight supply for the next few months.  IF they are doubling production then it won't happen overnight.  Stores probably won't get a ton of units in the next month.  Mario Kart is coming late April, and even though it's just a port, many haven't played it and it's one of their most popular franchises.  The Switch isn't   the mainstream craze that the Wii was, but does have the advantage of being both a handheld and a console and sales seem likely to reflect that.

The Switch has steadily sold for $400ish on Ebay since launch so it's going for a decent amt over MSRP.  But obviously $100 above isn't enough for resellers to make much money after fees and shipping.  Prices have increased as supply has gotten really tight. 

#45 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39427 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:59 PM

I agree, but I use my PS4 so much more than the Xbox. I don't think I've turned it on since the end of Dec. It seems as if the Xbox is an oversized paperweight.

That's what I did. Having a PS4 made also having an Xbox One pretty pointless for me.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#46 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2012 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:12 PM

Honestly I wish hey would have released two versions of the pro controller, one with the amiibo sensor thing and one without. There's a lot of people who don't care about amiibo, and to make them pay a premium for that tech (which is what I assume drove the price up) in the pro controller is stupid.

Nice concept but no go.  Nintendo would much rather you HAVE the option to get sucked into amiibos than not.  

Also, producing multiple SKUs on tech (rather than cosmetics - e.g., color schemes) tends to confuse your mom and dad consumers.  Better for Nintendo to just stick to one version, even if it means that the item is (admittedly) egregiously overpriced compared to its competitors.

HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!

161803_s.gif   200.gif

#47 blackbeard4886   On a highway to Hell CAGiversary!   2500 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:25 PM

Because they still are not allowing you to see a list of stores with available stock still on the website I will continue to list stores and how much stock they have on my spreadsheet.

Gamestop/Best Buy/Redbox/GameFly Flip & Boomerang Spreadsheet

animated-arrow-image-0039.gifFlip & Boomerang Spreadsheet Link animated-arrow-image-0040.gif

Ghetto Gamestop Brickseek Spreadsheet

#48 trip1eX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1490 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:37 PM

IT's also got a 33% larger battery and 30-40 hrs of battery life compared to  the ~6 hrs the DS4 gets.  

#49 chrislisting   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1306 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:58 PM

Ok...now I have to ask... what advantage does an amiibo give you , like is it a power up you can use at will (like the respective exclusive DLC for RDR from Amazon, GameStop or BBY?)??

Or is it one time use?

#50 VampireTampon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

VampireTampon

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:20 PM

So how does this work? I just called a nearby GameStop and some lady said that they can't confirm nor deny whether they'll have additional stock or not. She said that I could sign up for text notifications on my phone through their website. What's up with that? Is that a bs statement or has anyone else been getting told the same thing?

#51 ps2emotions   8 bit heaven CAGiversary!   1292 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

ps2emotions

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:24 PM

I've had 0 issues playing zelda on my wii u.

I'm loving it on my Wii U with my pro controller. The battery in that thing definitely last 80 hours, easily the best controller ever made. If the switch pro controller is half as good I'll be happy. 

tumblr_oonxh3oM1L1rr6e7xo1_400.png

#52 Finch106   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   544 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:33 PM

I'm one of the few who had no interest until playing one and now have incredible anxiety trying to find one in Texas D:

#53 blackbeard4886   On a highway to Hell CAGiversary!   2500 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:57 PM

So how does this work? I just called a nearby GameStop and some lady said that they can't confirm nor deny whether they'll have additional stock or not. She said that I could sign up for text notifications on my phone through their website. What's up with that? Is that a bs statement or has anyone else been getting told the same thing?

I wouldn't call and alert them that you know, watch my spreadsheet and if one pops up near you just go and catch them off guard. Ive seen and heard many times since the NES Classic, Zelda ME, and Switch launch that GS employees have been holding back stock for themselves, even the free Nintendo giveaway items that were supposed to be for people waiting in line were never raffled off and instead distributed among employees at least at my local store.

Gamestop/Best Buy/Redbox/GameFly Flip & Boomerang Spreadsheet

animated-arrow-image-0039.gifFlip & Boomerang Spreadsheet Link animated-arrow-image-0040.gif

Ghetto Gamestop Brickseek Spreadsheet

#54 robErob  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:34 PM

Gamestop never surprises me. I went into today to trade in a ipod and a lady came in to return her switch because she needed the cash back. Keep in mind the lady opened and used the system and they still let her get her full refund. I might be wrong but i thought gs return policy did not allow you to return consoles.

Anyway i asked if they would sell it, they said yeah. I said how much is the pre owned price for the switch. They said that they are going to sell in as new.. I said but its open. They said that she only used it for a little while....

I started to press the issue but I'll wait until the system matures a little bit.

Moral of the story is that when you buy from gs as new, you never know if its really new. Another reason why i hate to shop there but trade ins keep me coming back.

#55 Retroxcellance   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1029 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Retroxcellance

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:53 PM

Gamestop never surprises me. I went into today to trade in a ipod and a lady came in to return her switch because she needed the cash back. Keep in mind the lady opened and used the system and they still let her get her full refund. I might be wrong but i thought gs return policy did not allow you to return consoles.

Anyway i asked if they would sell it, they said yeah. I said how much is the pre owned price for the switch. They said that they are going to sell in as new.. I said but its open. They said that she only used it for a little while....

I started to press the issue but I'll wait until the system matures a little bit.

Moral of the story is that when you buy from gs as new, you never know if its really new. Another reason why i hate to shop there but trade ins keep me coming back.

I thought that was one of the great services of gamestop. They open your new games and make sure they work . 

The first time I bought new from gamestop was for xenoblade on wii. i was like WTF as they put that god awful sticker seal on the case. 

#56 ironmenpb   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   385 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:16 PM

with a receipt you have 30 days to return a system.  Only time you might have an issue returning is if you purchased a system with a downloadable game and used the code. 

#57 Super Sonic   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   405 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Super Sonic

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:19 PM

It should be illegal to pass off previously used merchandise as new.

#58 Mrclark2  

Mrclark2

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:06 PM

Why you still even go in there is beyond my ability to ever understand. You know better about lamestop, every time you go in there you feed the beast. Everytime it gets fed it strengthens it's rationality in pulling bullshit moves like that. They won't ever stop, and only keep doing shady shit to customers as long as people keep going in there. Between prime and GCU I save a lot of money by not going in there, throw in ebay and best buy reward points and I never ever have a reason to buy from them. Need to take off the rose tinted glasses of "it being a store devoted to games" and realize it's just a shitty store designed to rip you off.

#cutthelamestop

#59 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2012 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:08 PM

It should be illegal to pass off previously used merchandise as new.

I'm no fan of Gamestop's policy of selling "new" games which are opened.  That being said, they're policy of pushing preowned  products is one I can understand from a business standpoint.  GS makes a whole lot more money when the item is PO vs. new.  Frankly, in some instances, I'm told GS actually comes close to doing nothing more than breaking even when they sell a new game and the buyer charges it on their credit card.

None of this excuses them passing opened games as new -- at that point, they should just sell it as PO.  I wonder if in their stats, they count opened new games/hardware as "new" or PO purchases.  I would guess the latter since that way they can keep more of the sale.

HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!

161803_s.gif   200.gif

#60 Umyhoneycomb  

Umyhoneycomb

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:51 PM

Call cooperate bro