* * - - - 7 votes

Nintendo Switch in stock at some stores YMMV

#61 gldndomer  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:56 PM

Partly Nintendo's fault since they don't even use a sticker seal on their console boxes.

#62 paulwekiva   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   622 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:59 PM

Also, producing multiple SKUs on tech (rather than cosmetics - e.g., color schemes) tends to confuse your mom and dad consumers.  Better for Nintendo to just stick to one version, even if it means that the item is (admittedly) egregiously overpriced compared to its competitors.

The New Nintendo 3DS may have a disagreement with your correct statement. Nintendo doesn't always care about parents understanding =(.  

#63 VideoGameFan  

VideoGameFan

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:17 PM

Gamestop never surprises me. I went into today to trade in a ipod and a lady came in to return her switch because she needed the cash back. Keep in mind the lady opened and used the system and they still let her get her full refund. I might be wrong but i thought gs return policy did not allow you to return consoles.

Anyway i asked if they would sell it, they said yeah. I said how much is the pre owned price for the switch. They said that they are going to sell in as new.. I said but its open. They said that she only used it for a little while....

I started to press the issue but I'll wait until the system matures a little bit.

Moral of the story is that when you buy from gs as new, you never know if its really new. Another reason why i hate to shop there but trade ins keep me coming back.

This is why I wish Nintendo would put a seal on their system boxes, or at least design the flaps so you can tell if it's been opened. I would love to hear their reasoning why they don't.

#64 Super Sonic   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   405 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Super Sonic

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:34 PM

Hell I wish they put shrink wrap on their stuff with cardboard boxes. BB slapped a big fat sticker on my Zelda special edition and removing it as gentle as possible still pealed some of the print off the box (and no remaining stock to replace it with either).

#65 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3886 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:14 AM

Call cooperate bro

Call Corporate?

Their the ones making this possible at the retail level. If he calls them, the guys at that store might get promoted. LOL

#66 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2654 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:49 AM

Call Corporate?

Their the ones making this possible at the retail level. If he calls them, the guys at that store might get promoted. LOL

No he said Cooperate. Big difference.

DPeqf.png

#67 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3886 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:15 AM

No he said Cooperate. Big difference.

I stand corrected. LOL

#68 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   9923 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:44 PM

We also already have seen reports now that more switches are going to be available at gamestop on Mar 22, at Target and Walmart around that same time, and Nintendo is going to produce 16m switches in the next 12 months, up from original estimate of 8m (they have sold a little under 2m so far). So sure, there are definitely people who want it NOW and will pay whatever, but that pool of people is shrinking fast and will more or less be gone soon as switches start flooding the channels once manufacturing catches up.
https://www.wsj.com/...sole-1489728545

The only reports I've seen for the restock this week has been at Gamestop. The other retailers are getting it too?

Now playing:

:ps4: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Inside

:xb1: Gears of War 4

#69 blackbeard4886   On a highway to Hell CAGiversary!   2519 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:13 PM

I've only seen 5 or 6 locations today get new stock. Mostly gray units again.

EDIT - I have seen 1 new neon unit (possible return/defective unit?) but there has been maybe 10-12 new gray unit locations so far today but they drop off just as fast too.

Gamestop/Best Buy/Redbox/GameFly Flip & Boomerang Spreadsheet

animated-arrow-image-0039.gifFlip & Boomerang Spreadsheet Link animated-arrow-image-0040.gif

Ghetto Gamestop Brickseek Spreadsheet

#70 Agadama   CAG CAGiversary!   1502 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:56 PM

Nvm.

Check my Tradelist..

Current selling: 

#71 blackbeard4886   On a highway to Hell CAGiversary!   2519 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:43 PM

So far all day there has been a constant trickle of 1-2 gray switches popping up at stores which is consistent with Best Buy's restock of only gray switches.

animated-arrow-image-0039.gifFlip & Boomerang Spreadsheet Link animated-arrow-image-0040.gif

#72 Tebunker   Shrugs at Clouds CAGiversary!   465 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:03 PM

I'm loving it on my Wii U with my pro controller. The battery in that thing definitely last 80 hours, easily the best controller ever made. If the switch pro controller is half as good I'll be happy.

Its better, and I love the wiiu pro controller. It feels better, has a better weight and grip. Better rumble and includes the rf reader which is nice. Its clear the battery and hd rumble drove up the costs but its amazing. Between the wife and I we have over 150 in Zelda, yeah yeah I know, and we've charged it three times I think since buying it, so it gets about 50 ish hours on full charge and it charges full in little time.

Need to add that USB C PD is newer tech too and it clearly added to the costs of the switch and procon. They went for the fastest charging solution they could get right now and be able to allow universal adapters.

#73 An actual noob  

An actual noob

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:15 PM

Best Buy had some switches online that were up for like 5 mins today. Managed to get an order for 1 but it says back ordered :(

#74 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   5840 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:33 PM

Well I scored one on craigslist earlier with Zelda and 1-2 Switch for $400, thought that was fair

#75 sunrat39   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

sunrat39

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:55 PM

Best Buy had some switches online that were up for like 5 mins today. Managed to get an order for 1 but it says back ordered :(

Yup, was about to pull the trigger as soon as my alert went off. But, I couldn't justify it since I have $300 in GameStop trade in credit. Gotta be patient....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#76 the_vahngo  

the_vahngo

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:45 PM

Well I scored one on craigslist earlier with Zelda and 1-2 Switch for $400, thought that was fair

that guy made bank

#77 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   5840 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:12 AM

that guy made bank

Made his money back, so not really sure how much bank he made.

#78 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:58 AM

Made his money back, so not really sure how much bank he made.

Google facetious.

#79 fastitocalon   \mm/ \mm/ CAGiversary!   483 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

fastitocalon

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:29 PM

I can see selling your Switch now at break-even and waiting on a bundle this winter.  You get to experience the thrill of a new console and play one of the highest rated games of all-time and then recoup all costs.  I'm not doing that, but I can see why someone would.

Twitter #kelkeen

#80 Retroxcellance   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1031 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Retroxcellance

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:43 PM

If you are in the Buffalo area, the Walmart on Walden in Cheektowaga had two gray switches this morning

• Sk likes this

#81 blackbeard4886   On a highway to Hell CAGiversary!   2519 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:48 PM

GS is getting more gray switches in store today check the sheets.

EDIT- Even more stores popping up a few few minutes later.

• Sk likes this

#82 Ferrari Racer   Reporter for CAGNetwork CAGiversary!   5862 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:52 PM

Where is the link for your sheets page so I can put it in the OP. It's not the one in your sig is it?

Gamertag - ITS DAT DAM KID. NNID: Its_Pikachu.

#83 blackbeard4886   On a highway to Hell CAGiversary!   2519 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:10 PM

Where is the link for your sheets page so I can put it in the OP. It's not the one in your sig is it?

Yes it is. Last 5 tabs are Switch inventory related.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#84 Sk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   675 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:28 PM

If you are in the Buffalo area, the Walmart on Walden in Cheektowaga had two gray switches this morning

According to brickseek 40% of all walmarts have inventory. I called my local ones they're reporting 20+ in stock but when they check their front and back inventory they're saying no inventory is in back or in front and no units have been sold in weeks.  

Not sure what's going on.

#85 Nathan_Sama   I'm backwards compatable. CAGiversary!   1623 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Nathan_Sama

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:33 PM

According to brickseek 40% of all walmarts have inventory. I called my local ones they're reporting 20+ in stock but when they check their front and back inventory they're saying no inventory is in back or in front and no units have been sold in weeks.  

Not sure what's going on.

Those are in store pre orders that haven't been picked up.

• Sk likes this

#86 blackbeard4886   On a highway to Hell CAGiversary!   2519 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:37 PM

Same states so far as the first day of the NES Classic restock it seems. KY,TN,OH,IN,IL,WV,AL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#87 Sk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   675 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:53 PM

That's what an instore rep just said on the phone. I guess they handle preorders like layaway. They're all grey units. No neons are avail so I thought it was an inventory restock.

#88 paul6   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:56 PM

I think it's a glitch in their inventory system. For example, my local Walmart is listing 29 in inventory.  How have 29 people been this lax about picking up a Switch?

#89 Sk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   675 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:02 PM

I think it's a glitch in their inventory system. For example, my local Walmart is listing 29 in inventory.  How have 29 people been this lax about picking up a Switch?

Yeah I'd have to say so. These were all walmarts in "bad areas". He said they're just waiting on payment for the preorders but can't sell the stock. I assume they're doing some sort of layway thing. It's really out dated but a lot of people without cash or credit need it to get their kids toys and non-necessity items.

#90 Nathan_Sama   I'm backwards compatable. CAGiversary!   1623 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Nathan_Sama

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:15 PM

The preorders do work like layaway, they can't touch those consoles unless someone cancels or picks it up. I was told April 1st was the day that they would be put on the floor to sale at one store, but I'd consider that YMMV because the other 2 stores I talked to said they would be held indefinitely.

• Sk likes this