- - - - -

Nintendo Switch Dock Sock Covers- 20% off at Etsy.

#1 Ferrari Racer   Reporter for CAGNetwork CAGiversary!   6147 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:05 PM

https://www.etsy.com/shop/activepatch

Use code ACTIVE20 to get 20% off

These are supposed to prevent scratches on the Switch screen when docked.

-------

EDIT- one our own is making these as well if that interests anyone- https://www.cheapass...or-amazon-gift/

Gamertag - ITS DAT DAM KID. NNID: Its_Pikachu.

#2 guyver2077   CAG Original CAGiversary!   16049 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

guyver2077

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:19 PM

Would love to hear some impressions on this.. sad that we even need to consider one

1080i is for douchebags

#3 d8onausa  

d8onausa

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:21 PM

It seems like blatant trademark infringement might be something CAG would want to avoid advertising, despite the fact that the IP holder necessitated the product with their myopic design.

edit: I wonder if these are made out of sheets and existing licensed products.  That would make for an interesting legal discussion.

#4 Jurai  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:22 PM

I just bought the 2 pack of these microfiber sheets from Amazon and draped one over the screen side of my dock, they are the perfect size for covering the screen area when docking

https://www.amazon.c...uct/B0043XZEEC/

#5 zeb06   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1996 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:26 PM

It seems like blatant trademark infringement might be something CAG would want to avoid advertising, despite the fact that the IP holder necessitated the product with their myopic design.

edit: I wonder if these are made out of sheets and existing licensed products.  That would make for an interesting legal discussion.

Good lord, its fucking etsy...chill.

793315.png

#6 Virtua   only 5 can ladder CAGiversary!   12592 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:34 PM

Yeah I think these might just be fabric patterns that exist.

http://www.joann.com...a23yRoC07vw_wcB

I don't think it necessarily gives them the right to resell with the characters but it's not that big of a deal.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#7 mywhitenoise   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1175 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

mywhitenoise

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:40 PM

We have a member here who makes them as well, and you can probably get them cheaper from him.  I bought one, and had it delivered 3 days after purchase, very happy with it!

https://www.cheapass...or-amazon-gift/

Posted Image

#8 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:49 PM

I like putting socks on my dock

I might not be a fungi, but with some time, I'll grow on you!

If you wanna visit me IRL, grow your only LonelyBacteria

Please skip part 3

#9 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11777 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:58 PM

Yeah I think these might just be fabric patterns that exist.

http://www.joann.com...a23yRoC07vw_wcB

I don't think it necessarily gives them the right to resell with the characters but it's not that big of a deal.

http://info.legalzoo...bric-21253.html

Unless the fabric explicitly states "for non commercial use only" or something similar, there is no issue.

Nintendo has already made their money by issuing a license to the fabric maker. That license should extend to the person who purchased and used the fabric, seeing as they are not reproducing the copyrighted images.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#10 MakMan333  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:03 PM

Thanks. Picked one up. 

It's not that good.  But I like the wacky characters.-Mooby

#11 DisGonnaBeGood   Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby! CAGiversary!   2577 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:41 PM

We have a member here who makes them as well, and you can probably get them cheaper from him.  I bought one, and had it delivered 3 days after purchase, very happy with it!

Snapped my neck looking at pics. All this pain and discomfort the switch has brought to my life:(

Personal trade thread

"A motherf***ing bunny"

HFSjU9D.png?1

#12 Ekim000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   434 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:12 PM

I know these won't block the fans, but do these affect the heating of the switch? 
My switch gets pretty hot when docked. Fans usually kick on high while playing zelda. 

Wouldn't want to push the temps even more....

#13 oadekunl   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

oadekunl

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:18 PM

I know these won't block the fans, but do these affect the heating of the switch? 
My switch gets pretty hot when docked. Fans usually kick on high while playing zelda. 

Wouldn't want to push the temps even more....

Yeah. I'm wondering about that.  It looks pretty decent anyway, so I just ordered one, but I may or may not use it often if causes hardware/fan issues.

#14 guyver2077   CAG Original CAGiversary!   16049 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

guyver2077

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:34 PM

We have a member here who makes them as well, and you can probably get them cheaper from him. I bought one, and had it delivered 3 days after purchase, very happy with it!

Thanks. Will monitor

1080i is for douchebags

#15 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   776 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:36 PM

Not a big fan of the designs.

Wouldn't a traditional glass screen protector be the more ideal choice?

Or are you all buying these in addition to a screen protector?

:ps4: Currently Playing : Nothing!
:ps3: Currently Playing : Okami HD

:vita: Currently Playing : Nothing!

:switch: Currently Playing : Waiting on Memory Card!

:3ds: Currently Playing : Metroid (Virtual Console)

:xb1: Currently Playing : Nothing!

#16 Sielanas  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:23 PM

Not a big fan of the designs.

Wouldn't a traditional glass screen protector be the more ideal choice?

Or are you all buying these in addition to a screen protector?

The system produces enough heat the adhesive will come loose as I understand it.

191839_b359839b3d00807e.png

#17 Jurai  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:25 PM

I haven't had issues with my protector yet, but we'll see

#18 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   776 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:36 PM

The system produces enough heat the adhesive will come loose as I understand it.

Not if you let it sit for a period of time (I've heard anywhere from a few hours to a full 24) so it sets correctly before docking.

:ps4: Currently Playing : Nothing!
:ps3: Currently Playing : Okami HD

:vita: Currently Playing : Nothing!

:switch: Currently Playing : Waiting on Memory Card!

:3ds: Currently Playing : Metroid (Virtual Console)

:xb1: Currently Playing : Nothing!

#19 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:58 PM

Damn I wish I saw this before I bought the one from Etsy. Would rather help a cag out than a random person. Will keep in mind for the future.

Now Playing:

:pc: : FFXIV | PUBG | CSGO    :wiiu: : NONE     :ps4: : NONE        :xb1: : NONE       :3ds: : NONE      NS: NONE

#20 folnevar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   35 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:22 PM

I like putting socks on my dock

Totally misread this at first...

#21 Dragonaxe3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   321 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Dragonaxe3

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:46 PM

I heard we should avoid putting all skins on the system until they figure out why they're catching fire.. Or was that just for the zelda one from Nintendo?

Dragonaxe3.png

fs_overall.png

#22 NeoMonk  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:23 PM

Would love to hear some impressions on this.. sad that we even need to consider one

You don't scratch the front, now you're scratching the back.

Ever since I put the one i made on my dock the back got 2 small scratches.

Better than the screen? sure but now the back is getting scratched... so yeah... this sucks

anigif22d8b.gifu12V9k5.jpg

#23 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3542 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:30 PM

You don't scratch the front, now you're scratching the back.

Ever since I put the one i made on my dock the back got 2 small scratches.

Better than the screen? sure but now the back is getting scratched... so yeah... this sucks

try thinner fabric? 

#24 Chaosgamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   429 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Chaosgamer

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:45 AM

Got one the other day, I got the Zelda Stained Glass Art, it looks amazing and fits on the dock with ease

Games Playing

:wii:  - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

:ps3: - Dragonball Xenoverse, Splinter Cell Blacklist

Nintendo Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Shovel Knight

RIPPERKNIGHT.png

EXTREMEULTIMATE.png

#25 EDiTOR9   Huh? CAGiversary!   1950 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:53 AM

Thanks I picked up the Mario & Friends one.
3DS: AC New Leaf | PSV:Resistance/Black Ops/MGS 3 SE | PS4: Ghosts/Killzone | Wii U: SC: Blacklist | PS3: TWD S2 | Xbox360: GoWJ | Xbox1: DR3

...*I* am said douche (as if y'all didn't know)...

I just had sex with my mom and she gave me flowers

#26 SW4J   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:49 AM

It looks like it would make the Switch difficult to fit in at all

#27 Troe123  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:01 AM

Unless the fabric explicitly states "for non commercial use only" or something similar, there is no issue.
Nintendo has already made their money by issuing a license to the fabric maker. That license should extend to the person who purchased and used the fabric, seeing as they are not reproducing the copyrighted images.

Nintendo is extremely aggressive about its IP. YouTube content that likely (IMO) would fall under fair use is a good example of this.

Lawsuits with big liability are scary. Even if the lawsuit seems merit less.

#28 jrberger   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

jrberger

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:12 PM

Nintendo is extremely aggressive about its IP. YouTube content that likely (IMO) would fall under fair use is a good example of this.

Lawsuits with big liability are scary. Even if the lawsuit seems merit less.

Nintendo just hates YouTubers. This is not breaking any laws. If they had a problem with it they would just ask Etsy to remove the listing. This is basically like someone buying a Nintendo product and reselling it on Ebay and we clearly know they have no problem with that.

#29 IAmTheCheapestFox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   19356 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestFox

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:40 PM

Good lord, its fucking etsy...chill.

Trademark infringement and other illegal activities actively support terrorists, like ISIS, so excuse us if we don't want to funnel money to ISIS sympathizers on Etsy.  

This guy's Simpson's avatar looks kind of Arabic so I wouldn't trust him, likely ISIS sympathizer. 

Anyway, if any of you degenerates does get one of these I recommend putting lotion in your sock before use and washing after each use.  

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#30 zeb06   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1996 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:55 PM

Trademark infringement and other illegal activities actively support terrorists, like ISIS, so excuse us if we don't want to funnel money to ISIS sympathizers on Etsy.  

This guy's Simpson's avatar looks kind of Arabic so I wouldn't trust him, likely ISIS sympathizer. 

Anyway, if any of you degenerates does get one of these I recommend putting lotion in your sock before use and washing after each use.  

Damn, I guess that's why all these companies haven't gone after all the copyright infringements on Etsy...they don't want to have to fear the wrath of ISIS anymore than they already have to. Thanks for the info, I knew there was a reason I had never purchased anything off Etsy, even though they've been selling cool trademarked stuff like this for years. But to think, we have one of these ISIS sympathizers selling their trademark infringement items on our very boards.  :shame:

793315.png