Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Limited Edition

ragnar14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
This is a thing, it's $80CAD. It's looking to be selling out like normal Nintendo crazy, it was on Amazon.ca for a couple minutes today:

https://www.amazon.ca/Fire-Emblem-Echoes-Valentia-Nintendo/dp/B06XRSXJNG/ref=sr_tnr_p_1_videogames_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1490226397&sr=1-1&keywords=B06XRSXJNG

EB Games is taking instore preorders today, possibly online tomorrow? I just wandered into my local EB and easily placed a preorder this afternoon.

Bestbuy says they will stock it, but who knows when:

http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Video-Gaming/Fire-Emblem-Echoes-Shadows-of-Valentia-Limited-Edition/m-p/173867#M18447

EB Games may have already gone live with their online orders and soldout:

https://www.ebgames.ca/3DS/Games/729013/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-of-valentia-limited-edition

I suspect they haven't soldout yet, and they're going to add stock at 9am PST (about 30 min from now). Just guessing here, based on past history.

Edit: Just checked EB's twitter, and they haven't added stock yet. So yeah, check back at 9.

Edit: I don't think it went live at 9. F5 all day guys. Or watch their Twitter thing, sometimes that tells you a minute before it goes live, or 5 minutes after they're soldout LOL.

Edit: EB's done. It went live at 10:30 or so, and soldout in minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance Amazon or Best Buy might restock at some point?  Based on what I've read, this particular LE doesn't seem to be quite as limited as Nintendo's other recent LE's and SE's, but up here, we sometimes have shortages even for standard retail releases, so I'm thinking I've probably missed my chance.

Amazon will probably flicker on some stock around the release date, from cancellations. Getting that would be like catching lightning though.

Getting that would be like catching lightning though.
So... you're telling me there's a chance?

In all seriousness, I guess I'll keep a lookout on Amazon. I know hope is a mistake, but as unlikely as it might be, I'd like to think they've still got stock they're holding back or that they'll be receiving more units at some point.

So... you're telling me there's a chance?
AFAIK people that get that sort of stock have scripted their browser to refresh the page every 5 seconds. And then they sit in front of their computer for 2-3 days waiting for their computer to chime that there's stock. I suppose that's fine if you're already going to be sitting in front of your computer doing things, but it's hard for normal people to compete.

Not that interested in the Limited Edition, but the Amiibos look good. Can't believe I just found out it yesterday and they're already sold. No news on CAG or red flag deals.

Sorry, my bad, I should have mentioned them. Those were in stock at exactly the same points I mentioned the LE, and stayed in stock longer.

I think they look nice enough, but I've never opened an amiibo, and all the multi-pack amiibo's bother the OCD part of me that likes amiibo's...

I think they look okay, just the only amiibo collection I have is the fire emblem series, so kind of want to keep that complete...  Well guess my alternatives are getting them imported from japan or waiting for a rerelease.

bread's done
Back