What launch games are you playing ?

squishface

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I just got my system Wednesday , but no games yet. I plan on getting Zelda, and blaster master zero.
What is everyone else playing ?

I'm playing the two you mentioned. BM0 is a lot easier than I remember from the 8Bit days, until the final boss.

Zelda is flat out amazing. It is the hardest Zelda game though. Prepare to get one shot killed many, many times.

I have been playing BM0 and BotW. Also, if you have anyone to play it with, Snipperclips is a lot of fun!

I wonder how snipperclips is just as a single player?

Any suggestions on any other games to try out?
The puzzles are the same for 1 or 2 players, you just switch between the 2 character's. The puzzles are still fun, but the game definitely focuses on multiplayer.

I've been having fun with Bomberman, but if you aren't a big fan of the series the price tag is probably a little high.

Other than the Japanese Puyo Puyo demo I haven't played anything else, though I've heard good things about Fast RMX.

Zelda, Shovel Knight Treasure Trove, Fast RMX and VOEZ for me. I stopped playing Blaster Master because I beat it, but so far having fun with all. Don't really see anything else that interests me until Puyo Puyo Tetris and Mario Kart 8 come out. I lied. I forgot that I ordered I Am Setsuna from Amazon.jp

Last edited by a moderator:
Zelda ofcourse and some Bomberman.

I want to give Has Been Heroes a shot see how that plays.

Splatoon 2 Testfire 1st hour was really solid, hopefully I can play most of the upcoming ones.

Splatoon isn't bad
Please refer to my thread about it

But besides Zelda, is there another must have?
I like Master Blaster 0 (what I have played at a friends) getting the shovel night stuff is pretty cool. Tuesday is that Heroes game which looks pretty promising and for 20$ for physical I would say worth a look.

I need more motivation to spend $

Like the console itself and Zelda was worth it ($340 total for all) but I can't justify another full $60 (aka $47 GCU) for anything else but an amazing display of super Mario bros

I like the look of splatoon 2, and while I agree that I didn't see a huge change from 1, I still hope Nintendo continues to push the envelope

(SF and MK sound great)

Been playing Zelda with small breaks for Fast RMX and Bomberman, but those breaks are few and far between. Also, Amazon.co.jp should be sending out Setsuna today.

Bought and played some 1,2 switch today.

It's a great party game but the HD Rumble isn't anything to brag about let alone a system seller.

I did enjoy the chance to play it with some non-gamers and it's something you would play when you have guest.

I cannot recommend it for more then $10 or bundle with the console.

Zelda is a obvious launch purchase buy soon enough I've been playing since launch day.

Tetris I've enjoyed and easily can say to buy it without any problems.

Bomberman is a great co-op game and party game

Highly recommend it for $30 or less.

I'm looking to buy Binding of Issac or waiting for Mario Kart 8 digially next month.

I'm hoping we see eshop cards for $5/$10 off so I can stock up enough to buy it

Been playing Zelda and just love it. Going to get snipperclips to play with the girlfriend. Nothing else really interests me for their current price and already have shovel knight on 3ds. Crossing my fingers they will announce a REAL metroid game at E3.

Just got my Switch last week and started playing it Saturday night (I gave my kids the first game experiences with it).  I'm currently playing Zelda.  I played the demo for Snipperclips twice with my kids... I will buy that for some more multiplayer fun.  Beyond that, I have Ultra Street Fighter 2 coming this week.

I plan on picking up new releases that interest me to take advantage of the prime discount.  Anything that doesn't seem like I'll actually play it can sit until the price goes down.  I'm interested in Bomberman (loved the series since the first one on NES) but I can wait for it to have a price drop.

I'm planning to get Mario Kart & Puyo Puyo Tetris in April and am heavily leaning towards Lego City Undercover as I haven't played it and I'm sure I'd make good use out of the 2-player co-op.   But I'm hoping someone reviews it first to make sure it runs well on the system as I know it won't get played for a while as Zelda is a beast of a game and I'm loving every second of it.

I picked up Has Been Heroes today.

Gonna play that tonight on the stream.

yInfxny.jpg

Very surprised how fast I got I Am Setsuna from Amazon Japan. Shipped on Sunday evening, received today (Tuesday). Also surprised by the mini button mapped instruction booklet
DBo7OWs.jpg

yaFqs39.jpg

Very surprised how fast I got I Am Setsuna from Amazon Japan. Shipped on Sunday evening, received today (Tuesday). Also surprised by the mini button mapped instruction booklet
DBo7OWs.jpg

yaFqs39.jpg
I wasn't home and DHL is requiring a signature, so hopefully i'll have mine tomorrow, but yeah, for roughly $8 and have it less than 3 days later is awesome.

Now that I finally got a refund from Amazon for losing my I am Setsuna Switch copy,

I'm thinking of picking up the Asian version since it has the English cover as well.

iA58pL7.jpg

Currently playing Snake Pass. It definitely takes some time getting used to the controls (maybe about an hour) but it's a cute game. Very nice music and a challenge trying to find all of the collectables from each level. Each increases the difficulty in obtaining the 3 keys to complete the level, blue orbs and 5 coins. I've played about 2.5 hours so far and 100% the first 6 levels (I read the are 15 total).

started has been heroes last night its pretty cool  I know it is on other systems but its a great handheld game  can't wait for wonderboy this game fell under my radar but holy hats

https://youtu.be/0ARLzA7VeZI

I have MK8D preordered Friday is going to be really fun. Found Nintendo's online to be pretty solid atleast for the test fire event hoping the online for MK8D are just as good if not better.

I'm getting MK8D.  Not sure when I'll get to it because Zelda is all I play now... but I know I want it and will play it and getting 20% off at launch with Prime is a good deal.

I was going to get Puyo Puyo Tetris.  I had it preordered and everything but then I played the demo.  Honestly, I didn't find it very fun.  I used to own Puyo Pop Fever on DS and have played many versions of Tetris over the years (best one was the DS one by Nintendo) but I think I'm just kind of done with these kinds of games.  So I cancelled my preorder.  I really want my Switch library to be all games I really want to play to death.

I still have Disgaea 5 Complete, Cave Story+, & Ultra Street Fighter 2 preorderd and have a short list of other games I'm considering.  I will definitely get Super Mario Odyssey at launch.  I will preorder it closer to the end of Summer.

Anyone up for some races this weekend? Thinking of making a thread for MK8 and trying to get some races in maybe one day a month that all the switch users can make it to. Let me know if you guys are up for it and I can make a wiki thread :)

^How about some Battle moooooooooooooode
Yea Races or battlemode whatever we can do a few battlemode and a couple races depending on turnout etc. I really want to get a team together for Splatoon 2 when it releases Will most likely also put up an OT for that as well.

Anyone up for some races this weekend? Thinking of making a thread for MK8 and trying to get some races in maybe one day a month that all the switch users can make it to. Let me know if you guys are up for it and I can make a wiki thread :)
I'm down. I don't know how many I'll be able to make it to, but I'll try to join if I can.

I'm playing Zelda: BotW - Like it so far! The open-air world really improves the methodical Zelda forumlar, it adds an survival instinct gameplay to it.

Just got the Switch and MK8D.  Going to get Zelda but MK8D (and getting my @ss kicked by my son) was enough for the initial purchase.  He has been trash talking me on MK since he was 4.  He also plays more than I do.  It's all good though.  Got my payback introducing him to Mortal Kombat on the PS4.

Finally got my MK8 along with Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Going to end up auto grinding coins in MK8. Played the WiiU version, don't feel the need to manually grind again. Bought it mainly for online.

Now Puyo Puyo Tetris is a pleasant surprise. It's very Japanese as the story is god awful but with cheesy voice acting, anime characters, etc (which I am enjoying), the actual game modes are really fun. Overall defiantly worth the $33 I paid on Amazon, plus it has global online. It's one of those I can pick up and play for an hour and one I can see myself doing that for a long while.

I am Setsuna is such a great game!  I played it on the PS4 and I'm considering importing a physical copy.  This is definitely a Switch hidden gem!

I'm playing Wonderboy off and on and I really like it.  It's not a launch game, but it's charming and the new art style is a lot of fun.

I keep hearing about wonderboy. How is the gameplay?
Old school platformer. It's based on an old Sega game from the 8 Bit days and with a click of the right trigger you get the old graphics. It's still fun, though. It's what I'll call a "soft" metroidvania type. You keep getting powers to open up the way forward and there is a little bit of exploring. $20 is kind of steep for the game, but I don't regret picking it up.

Finished Zelda and started playing a lot of Mario Kart. Got a little tired of the grind. Now I've just been playing some Lego City with my 4 year old. He loves it so I can't complain. He has a good time playing Mario Kart as well, especially with the auto steer and auto throttle that you can engage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back