- - - - -

What launch games are you playing ?

Nintendo Switch Zelda

#31 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3435 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:51 PM

I have MK8D preordered Friday is going to be really fun. Found Nintendo's online to be pretty solid atleast for the test fire event hoping the online for MK8D are just as good if not better.

#32 draco259  

draco259

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:13 PM

Heck yeah! That and Puyo Puyo.

Who all is getting Mario kart 8 deluxe ?
Are you ready for battle mode?

#33 Condor80   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4437 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:32 PM

Who all is getting Mario kart 8 deluxe ?
Are you ready for battle mode?

Getting here on Friday!  I'm having so much fun with Zelda though so I don't know when I'll have time to play it.

#34 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2639 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:41 PM

I'm getting MK8D.  Not sure when I'll get to it because Zelda is all I play now... but I know I want it and will play it and getting 20% off at launch with Prime is a good deal.

I was going to get Puyo Puyo Tetris.  I had it preordered and everything but then I played the demo.  Honestly, I didn't find it very fun.  I used to own Puyo Pop Fever on DS and have played many versions of Tetris over the years (best one was the DS one by Nintendo) but I think I'm just kind of done with these kinds of games.  So I cancelled my preorder.  I really want my Switch library to be all games I really want to play to death.

I still have Disgaea 5 Complete, Cave Story+, & Ultra Street Fighter 2 preorderd and have a short list of other games I'm considering.  I will definitely get Super Mario Odyssey at launch.  I will preorder it closer to the end of Summer.

#35 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3435 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:37 AM

Anyone up for some races this weekend? Thinking of making a thread for MK8 and trying to get some races in maybe one day a month that all the switch users can make it to. Let me know if you guys are up for it and I can make a wiki thread :)

#36 Cnstntidnty  

Cnstntidnty

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:10 AM

^How about some Battle moooooooooooooode

#37 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3435 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:29 PM

^How about some Battle moooooooooooooode

Yea Races or battlemode whatever  we can do a few battlemode and a couple races depending on turnout etc. I really want to get a team together for Splatoon 2 when it releases Will most likely also put up an OT for that as well.

#38 Condor80   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4437 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:51 PM

Anyone up for some races this weekend? Thinking of making a thread for MK8 and trying to get some races in maybe one day a month that all the switch users can make it to. Let me know if you guys are up for it and I can make a wiki thread :)

I'm down.  I don't know how many I'll be able to make it to, but I'll try to join if I can.

#39 NeoMonk  

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:53 AM

Nintendo is releasing more Accessories for the Switch In Japan.
Spoiler

#40 HucastGames  

HucastGames

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:38 PM

I'm playing Zelda: BotW - Like it so far! The open-air world really improves the methodical Zelda forumlar, it adds an survival instinct gameplay to it.

#41 evilw0n   Deals & Games CAGiversary!   1806 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:03 AM

Just got the Switch and MK8D.  Going to get Zelda but MK8D (and getting my @ss kicked by my son) was enough for the initial purchase.  He has been trash talking me on MK since he was 4.  He also plays more than I do.  It's all good though.  Got my payback introducing him to Mortal Kombat on the PS4.

#42 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1241 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:16 PM

After 105 hours, decided to finish BOTW.... now moving onto "I am Setsuna"

#43 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8701 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 03 May 2017 - 03:04 AM

Finally got my MK8 along with Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Going to end up auto grinding coins in MK8. Played the WiiU version, don't feel the need to manually grind again. Bought it mainly for online.

Now Puyo Puyo Tetris is a pleasant surprise. It's very Japanese as the story is god awful but with cheesy voice acting, anime characters, etc (which I am enjoying), the actual game modes are really fun. Overall defiantly worth the $33 I paid on Amazon, plus it has global online. It's one of those I can pick up and play for an hour and one I can see myself doing that for a long while.

#44 DarthPwner  

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:28 AM

After 105 hours, decided to finish BOTW.... now moving onto "I am Setsuna"

This is the exact order I played lol! I'm loving I Am Setsuna at the moment! Feels good to play it on the go!

#45 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5410 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:22 PM

I am Setsuna is such a great game!  I played it on the PS4 and I'm considering importing a physical copy.  This is definitely a Switch hidden gem!

I'm playing Wonderboy off and on and I really like it.  It's not a launch game, but it's charming and the new art style is a lot of fun.

#46 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2109 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:35 PM

I'm playing Wonderboy off and on and I really like it. It's not a launch game, but it's charming and the new art style is a lot of fun.

I keep hearing about wonderboy. How is the gameplay?

#47 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5410 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:58 PM

I keep hearing about wonderboy. How is the gameplay?

Old school platformer.  It's based on an old Sega game from the 8 Bit days and with a click of the right trigger you get the old graphics.  It's still fun, though.  It's what I'll call a "soft" metroidvania type.  You keep getting powers to open up the way forward and there is a little bit of exploring.  $20 is kind of steep for the game, but I don't regret picking it up. 

#48 afbuckeye  

afbuckeye

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:12 PM

Finished Zelda and started playing a lot of Mario Kart. Got a little tired of the grind. Now I've just been playing some Lego City with my 4 year old. He loves it so I can't complain. He has a good time playing Mario Kart as well, especially with the auto steer and auto throttle that you can engage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#49 Strength&defiance   Dreamer, philosopher, poet - or an idiot as my partner calls me CAG Veteran   85 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Strength&defiance

Posted 09 June 2017 - 02:44 PM

Has anyone picked up Arms? It's been a pleasant surprise for me that it's getting good reviews, I'd like to check it out. 

#50 XeRoFuN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   160 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:34 PM

Has anyone picked up Arms? It's been a pleasant surprise for me that it's getting good reviews, I'd like to check it out.

I will pick it up but it's not out until the 16th. I guess there wasn't a review embargo up to release date.