"Updated!" Star Craft and Brood War Remaster coming Summer "Blizzard announce original Craft and Star craft Brood War will be for free"

Shadowmoses12

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
https://starcraft.com/en-us/

Just announced at a press conference at South Korea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ypU9j4w3_w
Trailer

Original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War expansion (Base code is the same. Includes Campaign and Multiplayer).
Remastered Graphics (4K UHD Support + detailed visuals + updated portraits and unit, ability to really zoom in or out).
Revised Dialogue and Audio (The original soundtrack and dialogue, re-recorded and rejuvenated).
Blizzard Friends and Matchmaking (Anti-cheat, LAN & Online Play, HD and Non-HD users can play together).
Classic StarCraft Gameplay* (New comic book interludes tell the original story with a fresh coat of paint).
Cloud Saves (Campaign, Custom Maps, Replays, and Keybinds).
Localization in 13 languages (English, German, French, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish (LatAm), Spanish (European), Polish, Italian, Russian, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and Japanese).
Compatible with Windows (7, 8, 10) and Mac.

No word on pricing or any Collectors edition yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I lost my discs, so I might pick up the remaster if it's $20 or less.

Free is good. Starcraft is still a timeless classic. Liked it much better then the second one.

Edit: According to GAF you can also cross play with people who pay for the HD version. So win-win.

Wow that's fantastic, the originals really needed a revival! But it's going to be so hard to go back with how much easier everything is in SC2. I think you can only select 8 units at once in the original? 

The title is a little confusing though, at first I thought it meant anyone who had the originals get the remasters for free. Maybe if it was more like "Original versions are free now." Thanks for the heads up though!

Such an awesome game, remember watching the Koreans go at it many many many moons ago. Can't wait to play a match with my buddy I never beat him in StarCraft/brood war, time to redeem myself.

Why is this in the deals section and not in the free section? Or why not in the pc section because it isn't even out yet to get? Are we posting news as deals now?

bread's done
Back