CAGcast #493: Major League Nelson Baseball

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang tries to avoid YouTube dipshit discussion while talking Yooka-Laylee, Destiny 2, Blaster Master Zero, Old Time Hockey, Mass Effect Andromedia, maybe a splash of Iron Fist, and so much more!
Download (1 hours 11 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro -
Møme - Aloha feat. Merryn JeannOutro - Beauty and the Beast Chirstmas SpecialRSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
CAGcast on YouTube
Facebook
Youtube (Subscribe)
Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mass Effect Andromeda isn't Dragon Age in space.  It's Dragon Age 2 in space.  All those annoying caves from DA2 are now planets with mountains and walls.  It's closer to that game that it is to Dragon Age Inquisition.  

Beauty and the Beast was terrible.  This is a straight up almost shot for shot remake and the cartoon does everything better.  There is no reason to ever watch this unless you like terrible CGI.  Seriously, the beast looks like shit.  The new songs suck.  Josh Gad is annoying.  The acting all around sucks and Emma Watson looks uncomfortable half the time.  I went in expecting a remake with minimal differences and I wanted to like it.  It just didn't have the it factor for me that something like Jungle Book had.

I know I'm in the minority though, so what do I know?

It's 2017 and I can check my email from my phone or tablet or watch if I wanted to.  Mass Effect Andromeda is about 800 years in the future.  Many of the quests require you to wait for an email.  To access that email I have to go to my spaceship, launch into space and either go to the giant panel on the bridge or the desktop terminal in my quarters.  

Launching into space just to get email?  Apply that type of design to crafting and inventory and scanning planets and it's easy understand why Mass Effect Andromeda is getting the reviews that it is. 

Like Wombat I've put a lot of hours into this game and there is a lot of fun stuff there but it's so frustrating in parts that you just wish they would have stopped and thought about their design choices.

@Wombat, you can upgrade your inventory size through the Apex missions. I'm currently at 80, of course there still should be a chest for you to save any items you don't need to carry with you.

@Wombat, you can upgrade your inventory size through the Apex missions. I'm currently at 80, of course there still should be a chest for you to save any items you don't need to carry with you.

How, tried looking it up, no luck so far.

How, tried looking it up, no luck so far.
http://gearnuke.com/mass-effect-andromeda-increase-inventory/

To unlock additional slots to increase your inventory capacity, players will have to progress through the story mode until they colonize their first planet, Eos. Once you choose the type of outpost you want to establish, Military or Scientific, you will gain access to AVP system on the Nexus. Here you can spend your AVP points to unlock some options. One of these is the option to unlock additional inventory capacity. This option is called the Trade Capacity. You can earn AVP points by completing Heleus Missions and Additional Tasks. Use these points to unlock Trade Capacity, and you won’t have to worry about inventory management again.

Whoever asked the question about a PS4 or Xbox One in the same form factor as the switch, I have been thinking the same thing.  That would be really useful.  I have to agree with Shipwreck that at this moment in time I think it is not feasible.  But I really like Shipwreck's idea of a tablet version of the PS3 or Xbox 360.  Since Sony is pushing Playstation Now I don't see Sony even considering it.  But Microsoft on the other hand could really have something there.  I think the way you monetize it is to not include a drive player, digital download only.  That way if people wanted to play some of the games they never got around to playing they would have to buy digital copies.  That could tie in real well with Xbox One's backward compatibility feature as well.

Since ME Andromeda has been disappointing, do you think it was related to the departures of the Dr's? It seems they and Casey Hudson all left around the same time as the inception of Andromeda as well as other supporting staff over the years of its development. It feels like how Infinity Ward may have suffered initially after the loss of Jason West and Vince Zampella in the COD franchise. Do you think Bioware can recover from the loss similar to Infinity Ward?

Since ME Andromeda has been disappointing, do you think it was related to the departures of the Dr's? It seems they and Casey Hudson all left around the same time as the inception of Andromeda as well as other supporting staff over the years of its development. It feels like how Infinity Ward may have suffered initially after the loss of Jason West and Vince Zampella in the COD franchise. Do you think Bioware can recover from the loss similar to Infinity Ward?
Andromeda was made by Bioware Montreal which isn't the same team that made Mass Effect 1-3. That team is working on a new IP.

A quick note on the turkey "burger" that Wombat described. While I do thouroughly approve of the recipe that he was describing, a burger patty on slices of bread instead of a bun is usually referred to as a "patty-melt." This is even more true when cheese is involved. Bonus points if the sandwich in question is skillet-fried, panini-pressed, or otherwise toasted before consumption.

Hurry up and get around to adding that sauce to this sandwich creation. I think you're on the right track.

In 10 years of listening to this podcast I don't think I've been more surprised than when Cheapy talked about watching Beauty and the Beast over and over again in college.

In 10 years of listening to this podcast I don't think I've been more surprised than when Cheapy talked about watching Beauty and the Beast over and over again in college.
The giant poop hanger incident, Kazoo and Shipwreck fainting while peeing all rank up there with that. I was mowing my lawn while listening to the giant poop story. My neighbors probably thought I was insane because I stopped the lawn mower while laughing hysterically.

Liam Robertson, the Game History Guy on YouTube, has a pretty detailed account of what happened behind the scenes. Basically, Bioware upper management tried cheaping out on development costs by using unproven tech and C-list development houses.
https://youtu.be/42-3GCq6gqo

Liam Robertson, the Game History Guy on YouTube, has a pretty detailed account of what happened behind the scenes. Basically, Bioware upper management tried cheaping out on development costs by using unproven tech and C-list development houses.
https://youtu.be/42-3GCq6gqo

Andromeda was made by Bioware Montreal which isn't the same team that made Mass Effect 1-3. That team is working on a new IP.
Maybe the new team added to the problems, but upper management made the bad decisions. Would having the founders and other key management still working have avoided this or was EA pulling the strings the whole time. Again, like Activision and COD.

I think Wombat would enjoy Zelda...hearing his wishes for ME:A; 1 single world with different environment, similar to our planet just made me think of all the different environments/weather systems seamlessly integrated in BotW's world.

Although the review scores for Yooka-Laylee are lower than I expected, I still find myself very excited to play the game.  For some reason, many of issues reviewers are complaining about are what made Banjo and 90s platformers unique and great: simple gibberish voices, no minimap, and so on.  Although there are some technical issues with the game and only five worlds, this game was made for people who wanted as close to Banjo as possible, which is what it appears to have accomplished.  Looking forward to picking it up on day one.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, with these topic moratoriums!  If I have to hear about babies peeing on water slides, everyone else should have to hear about Youtubers eating shit.  Compromise means no one is happy, and that makes me happy.

bread's done
Back