- - - - -

Gamestop Power Up Rewards Blowout Sale!

#1 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7614 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:40 PM

Please don't shoot the messenger here. LOL

I know GS doesn't have to many fans around here, but we all shop there from time to time, so if you have any rewards points, now is the time to use them. This sale runs thru the end of April. The items on sale have a "Special Offer" label in the lower right corner of the items picture. Some of the items are discounted pretty good, at least for the items that I actually remember the original points on.

https://www.gamestop...ards/Home/Index

EDIT: You can also click the special offers button on the left side, and it will only show the sale items.

#2 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7937 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:04 PM

Thanks. I'm wondering whether I should cash out now since it appears GameStop is restructuring and the rewards program may be much worse later on. Remember how good Nintendo's rewards program used to be?

#3 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10865 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:05 PM

Thanks on for posting this

#4 Lil Frier  

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:10 PM

Wow, that's a real hunk of junk they're selling, haha. Nothing I find interesting, maybe they'll rotate in some cooler stuff.

#5 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   2985 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:34 PM

I got a No Man's Sky poster as a gag gift. Thanks for posting.

#6 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7614 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:41 PM

Remember how good Nintendo's rewards program used to be?

Considering how CN begin to get weak when the Wii U started hemorrhaging cash, I expect GS to have issues as well, but not as bad.

Most of the rewards stuff is pretty much items they probably get from publishers for free, or next to nothing due to their relationships in the industry. A lot of stuff comes from Thinkgeek as well, who they also have a relationship with.

With CN, all that cost fell on "N", and they had some decent stuff they gave out that just cost them to much in the end. Now that they do all that digital crap, I haven't even bothered to participate past my initial sign up.

#7 CaptainJoel   In Brightest Day CAGiversary!   15445 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:48 PM

I actually ordered from this a few days ago and got the slightly damaged comic 3 pack just because I wanted to see if they would include the PowerUp Rewards variant of Amazing Spider-Man #1 and guess what?

They totally did.

The three comics I got were all Marvel and all in perfect condition, actually. I received TASM #1, Death of Wolverine #1, and Shield #1. All Gamestop Variants and all in perfect condition (except for a slight printing error on the cover of Death of Wolverine). Considering two of the three came out in 2014 and in 100% immaculate condition I'm guessing the "Slightly damaged" really just means that they didn't sell in store or online and were shipped back.

I'm doing some trades today, so I'm hoping most of this stays in stock a bit longer. Think I want that variant of JL vs MMPR.

#8 markbrochilll   Typical Nintendo Fanboy /s CAGiversary!   1070 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

markbrochilll

Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:23 PM

I'll just save my points for the next time they do double rewards certificates. 

#9 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:17 PM

I saw this a while ago but I genuinely couldn't figure out what was on 'sale'

#10 Alexpguy  

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:33 PM

I actually ordered from this a few days ago and got the slightly damaged comic 3 pack just because I wanted to see if they would include the PowerUp Rewards variant of Amazing Spider-Man #1 and guess what?

They totally did.

The three comics I got were all Marvel and all in perfect condition, actually. I received TASM #1, Death of Wolverine #1, and Shield #1. All Gamestop Variants and all in perfect condition (except for a slight printing error on the cover of Death of Wolverine). Considering two of the three came out in 2014 and in 100% immaculate condition I'm guessing the "Slightly damaged" really just means that they didn't sell in store or online and were shipped back.

I'm doing some trades today, so I'm hoping most of this stays in stock a bit longer. Think I want that variant of JL vs MMPR.

You are making me want to try this out. With the blowout sale, the new condition grab bag is only 300 points more than the slightly damaged bag, and I have enough points to get 4 packs. Did you get multiple bags? Was there a good variety, or were they all the same?

#11 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1636 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:33 PM

I like those retro mario and luigi figures but I like to save my points up for coupons. 

#12 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21186 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:42 PM

Please don't shoot the messenger here. LOL

LMJ1UUf.gif

#13 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7614 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:55 PM

I like those retro mario and luigi figures but I like to save my points up for coupons. 

Those where the only things I was interested in, but I only have enough points for one or the other. So I still may grab the Mario, but if not, I'll continue to stock points as well. Normally I'll get a Poster, or Comic, but the selection isn't that great currently.

#14 justadude  

justadude

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:02 PM

It was a typo, OP meant Gamestop Blows Sale

#15 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11868 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:07 PM

I just want Gamestop to put up the Poster Version of the Legend of Zelda Game Informer Art

#16 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7614 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:22 PM

I just want Gamestop to put up the Poster Version of the Legend of Zelda Game Informer Art

They may, as I've seen some pretty good posters from them in the past in the power up rewards. Now receiving it undamaged is a different matter entirely. LOL

#17 Cloudx9  

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:25 PM

In for that life sized Alien egg/facehugger replica. Only a spare change of 315k points

#18 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1636 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:30 PM

Those where the only things I was interested in, but I only have enough points for one or the other. So I still may grab the Mario, but if not, I'll continue to stock points as well. Normally I'll get a Poster, or Comic, but the selection isn't that great currently.

Same boat haha I have 9k points if I had 14 I probably would have done it. I usually try to get coupons or the exclusive pops if I like them. I have a claptrap, a dogmeat and a drake from it.

#19 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7614 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:38 PM

Same boat haha I have 9k points if I had 14 I probably would have done it. I usually try to get coupons or the exclusive pops if I like them. I have a claptrap, a dogmeat and a drake from it.

I used to get up to 7000 points a few times a year, as a friend managed a store, so anytime I was there, I would grab some games. Now that he left, I don't shop there that much, and now that the Vita section is gone at my local store, and I've got most of the 3DS games I want, the points I have now might be my last go at something decent, so I'll probably hang on and see if a cool poster shows up soon.

#20 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2535 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:42 PM

are the pre-owned coupons on sale too?
like during cyber Monday?

#21 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3279 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:48 PM

If I had more points I would get the Lando wallet. The rest of that stuff seems like crap.

#22 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6725 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:58 PM

I got a Mirror's Edge pin! I haven't played the new one yet, did the demo and it was buggy as hell. But I loved the first one so I'm happy with the way the pin looks.

#23 redreflect   I am the Wolf CAGiversary!   1465 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

redreflect

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:35 PM

I had a bigger blowout than this on the toilet this morning.

#24 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2100 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:40 PM

I just use my points to renew my membership. I have 45k points though and nothing to spend them on, hopefully they do discounted reward certificates again.

#25 Mythplus  

Mythplus

Posted 01 April 2017 - 10:44 PM

A lot of stuff comes from Thinkgeek as well, who they own*

Fixed that for you :)

#26 bengi15  

Posted 01 April 2017 - 10:57 PM

if i have 100k i should cash out now?

#27 The Gray Fox  

The Gray Fox

Posted 01 April 2017 - 11:18 PM

I was happy to get the Han Solo #1 comic book with exclusive cover. Been wanting to read that series for a while now, after enjoying the Lando series. And the comic book shop by my house only has issues #2-5 in stock.

#28 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3844 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 02 April 2017 - 12:18 AM

I had a bigger blowout than this on the toilet this morning.

Blowout is synonymous with diarrhea, so it's no surprise that this sale and other similar "blowout" sales always stink.

#29 zyxomma100   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

zyxomma100

Posted 02 April 2017 - 01:04 AM

Oh damn it. I logged into my rewards account and found out I had a LOT fewer points than I thought I should have. Turns out that a few months ago, Gamestop changed my account settings to start automatically redeeming points for certificates every month. I remember them saying something about this, and I thought I changed it back to "stockpile points" but I guess it got changed back or something. Now I'm down 15000 points.

It doesn't help that the Powerup Rewards site is complete trash. For some reason, it logs me out in the middle of browsing sessions all the time, and it's one of the few sites I have to use with Firefox because the reward listing page doesn't render correctly in Chrome.

I don't know why I'm typing this all out here. I'm just frustrated. I guess it couldn't hurt to try to contact support about this, although my hopes aren't high. The only other time I've had to use Gamestop support, it took them 4-5 months to finally get back to me with a useless response.

#30 Churchbus   Squirtin out both ends CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Churchbus

Posted 02 April 2017 - 01:09 AM

Oh damn it. I logged into my rewards account and found out I had a LOT fewer points than I thought I should have. Turns out that a few months ago, Gamestop changed my account settings to start automatically redeeming points for certificates every month. I remember them saying something about this, and I thought I changed it back to "stockpile points" but I guess it got changed back or something. Now I'm down 15000 points.

Just logged into my account for the first time in a long time to find that this was also the case for me.  I only had about 3000 points, but I was apparently signed up for the auto-cashout as well, bringing me down to zero.  I don't recall ever being notified about it.

I don't really care much, as I've not bought anything from Gamestop in over 2 years, but I just think it's kind of scummy to automatically sign you up for the reward certificate just so they can deplete your points without you noticing.  I don't recall ever getting any emails about the certificates either.