PSA for Sega CD collectors - KEIO auction, warning before you buy

opportunity777

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Item number: 302269746426

I had this product in my hand, and it is NOT MINT. For a used game, the surface is virtually perfect.

But, it has a 1 mm top down scratch that is irreparable and can be seen clearly when held up to the light. The disc is PERMANENTLY DAMAGED. He refuses to show the damaged pictures though because he knows the disc is worth a lot less with a MAJOR flaw like that. He offered me money to keep it, so he wouldn't have to sell it again for less and because the disc cannot ever be repaired by any means. Purposely, he is not putting the right information in the auction to get a few hundred extra $$$.

The asking price is too high for someone to receive this and realize it's permanently damaged and cannot be fixed ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this person supposed to be well known?

Only reasonable explanation this warrants its own thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this person supposed to be well known?

Only reasonable explanation this warrants its own thread?
I believe he is on these forums, but I'm not calling him out like that. I guess I could have put it in 'general' thread. Also, I thought because the item is of such high value it might be more important. Four figures is nothing to sneeze at. If I was wrong to do this, then I would be fine moving the message to a general thread and locking this one.

Oh no, now that you've explained it a bit more that makes more sense.

To be honest, if you want to call someone out you should just do it more directly though, especially if it's something to do with a trade.

Have you let him know about this issue yet?  What was his response?

There is a negative feedback for Keio on his eBay account so I would hope whoever is spending $1300 would look at his feedback first.

What's a top down scratch exactly?
It's when the label-side is damaged or the reflect surface is missing. The laser will not be able to read this part of the disc. There are tricks and disc drive error-correction to sometimes 'skip' over this gap and play. Other times, it just won't work.

Either way, the disc is permanently damaged and the data there is permanently lost.

bread's done
Back