- - - - -

Add $50 Amazon Cash and get $10 digital credit

amazon credit cash

#1 plusgamer   Banned Banned   265 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

plusgamer

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:56 PM

https://www.amazon.c...ode=14583169011

Offers end May 31. One per Amazon customer account. The promotional credit expires on June 30, 2017.

AmazonCashPromoBannerAdd50Get10Final.png

#2 .Beowulf  

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:59 PM

never heard of this

but ofc the one amazon promo I might actually be qualified for requires getting off my ass

#3 DannyEndurance  

DannyEndurance

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:00 PM

Ewwww DIGITAL credit...

#4 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:12 PM

Edit: eww is right
Digital items only on promo credit, and you have to spend the $50 in places that accept Amazon cash.

#5 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11547 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:42 PM

Aside from the promo, I do not understand what this feature is for. People who do not have credit cards and thus cannot use Amazon?

#6 mpaullin   Fission Mailed CAGiversary!   4676 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:49 PM

I'm not following this either. Can we use this to get $60 of PSN/Xbox money for $50?

#7 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3671 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:51 PM

Can you donate $50 to me?

#8 reiji   wired to the core CAGiversary!   480 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:55 PM

Ewwww DIGITAL credit...

In the past, Digital Credits could be used for PSN codes. I'm not sure if this is still the case since I haven't been offered any credit for a while. Whenever Amazon offers me $1 digital credit for slower shipping I take it, then after a couple of months I exchange for a $10 PSN code.

The problem is that the credit usually expires pretty quickly.

#9 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11547 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:58 PM

In the past, Digital Credits could be used for PSN codes. I'm not sure if this is still the case since I haven't been offered any credit for a while. Whenever Amazon offers me $1 digital credit for slower shipping I take it, then after a couple of months I exchange for a $10 PSN code.

Yeah, but lately they started to offer useless credit more often, at least for me. Like Amazon Pantry or Amazon Home Services.

#10 Lucian   Officer Friendly CAGiversary!   1429 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:10 PM

Aside from the promo, I do not understand what this feature is for. People who do not have credit cards and thus cannot use Amazon?

That's what I'm thinking. I feel bad for people who think this (Amazon Cash) is a good idea.

#11 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11547 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:27 PM

That's what I'm thinking. I feel bad for people who think this (Amazon Cash) is a good idea.

Moreover, I find it weird that Amazon values this demographic to the point that they would pursue retailer cooperative ventures.

Also, OP is banned for this post (?)

#12 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:17 AM

Moreover, I find it weird that Amazon values this demographic to the point that they would pursue retailer cooperative ventures.

Also, OP is banned for this post (?)

I don't understand the hate lol 

If you're out there and you got cash, Amazon knows exactly where you can spend it :D

I used to buy Amazon gift cards at retail stores. This is not all that different. If you have your child's barcode, you can even put money on their account. 

poor op didn't deserve it! haha

#13 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8762 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:36 AM

Wait, so how is this a bad thing?

I mean, you need to get something from Amazon, so by adding $50 to your Amazon GC balance, you get $10 more as a promo. Didn't Coinstar have a similar promo if you exchanged a lot of cash? You got like five or ten bucks extra credit?

#14 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:41 AM

One of the participating stores is called Kum & Go lol

#15 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16275 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:44 AM

Wait, so how is this a bad thing?

I mean, you need to get something from Amazon, so by adding $50 to your Amazon GC balance, you get $10 more as a promo. Didn't Coinstar have a similar promo if you exchanged a lot of cash? You got like five or ten bucks extra credit?

It's a good deal. People just like to bitch because they are stupid.

It's a little bit of effort so it's not for everyone. But it's not bad.

#16 Dan Novak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   31 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Dan Novak

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:57 AM

The benefit for me would be preordering a $119 CE game now that comes out next October. Say I load up $100 in cash a few months from now, I can just let it sit there and take care of that bill in case I'm sort money, or probably apply it to my preorder like I did with Infamous Second Son when I had a ton of credit.

#17 donkeydrop   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   330 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

donkeydrop

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:09 AM

I can't guarantee it but digital credit has always worked on Xbox gift cards in the past.  I drive right by Sheetz and CVS and spend plenty on Amazon so its a free $10 of Xbox credit for 2 minutes of my time.  I dont understand why anyone would complain; if you never use Amazon then just ignore it. 

#18 Indiana Jones   Yippie kai yay! CAGiversary!   2314 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Indiana Jones

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:45 AM

I just used some digital credit on a PSN card. For a while Amazon had switched to giving out useless credit for their other features like Prime Pantry, but lately they've been giving $1 for delayed shipping.

#19 donkeydrop   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   330 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

donkeydrop

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:14 PM

I just used some digital credit on a PSN card. For a while Amazon had switched to giving out useless credit for their other features like Prime Pantry, but lately they've been giving $1 for delayed shipping.

Good news; I used to do the $1 digital credit quite often with my Prime orders but then they switched it to the Prime Pantry credit which I never use.

#20 Tebunker   Shrugs at Clouds CAGiversary!   602 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:22 PM

I use digital credits all the time if I can. Amazon just started having emailed Nintendo Eshop credit too. I may just $50 on this for several purchases we have coming up over the next month to get $10 for free.

#21 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11547 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:39 PM

I don't understand the hate lol 

If you're out there and you got cash, Amazon knows exactly where you can spend it :D

I used to buy Amazon gift cards at retail stores. This is not all that different. If you have your child's barcode, you can even put money on their account. 

poor op didn't deserve it! haha

The deal is good just a little surprised. Maybe I never carry cash and thus cannot understand the value of the service. This is different than physical GC which requires no partnership with retailers, this does, which is extra cost to them for what I see as little return. But of course they know better.

#22 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16275 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:05 PM

The deal is good just a little surprised. Maybe I never carry cash and thus cannot understand the value of the service. This is different than physical GC which requires no partnershipwoth retailers, this does, which is extra cost to them for what I see as little return. But of course they know better.

I would guess they're losing 15% on gift cards they're selling through retail stores.

#23 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   391 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:16 PM

I'm not quite sure what the benefit of this is for Amazon. They already sell gift cards in basically every store in America. Anyone on cash only can just load gift cards to purchase items on the site. This seems redundant. Unless of course this would be the first stages in phasing out their physical gift card inventory.

Nice promo though. I'll take advantage next time I go to CVS.

#24 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2468 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:32 PM

I would guess they're losing 15% on gift cards they're selling through retail stores.

Plus they are losing $$ on processing CC payments as well.  So this is probably at a much better rate (maybe 3% or something).  If they can get enough people to start paying this way... it would get them more of the money that the CC companies and gift card companies collect.

#25 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16275 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:09 PM

I'm not quite sure what the benefit of this is for Amazon. They already sell gift cards in basically every store in America. Anyone on cash only can just load gift cards to purchase items on the site. This seems redundant. Unless of course this would be the first stages in phasing out their physical gift card inventory.

Nice promo though. I'll take advantage next time I go to CVS.

You cut out one middle man. Right now when you buy at cvs, both the gift card processor (like gift card mall) and cvs need their cut. You're removing gift card mall. And you're probably promising cvs more of a margin.

Secondly, and this is a pure guess, you're setting up your own infrastructure with the retailers. So eventually, you will be able to walk into cvs and buy stuff with your amazon gift card balance. Or through amazon payments.

Will it work? Who knows. Apple spent tons of money on Apple Pay and I'm not sure if it's successful. I don't know who uses it.

#26 donkeydrop   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   330 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

donkeydrop

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:43 PM

Well, I think I can answer why Amazon is running this promotion.  Went to CVS  ........ duhhhh ....... 3 employees not one complete brain between them.  On to Sheetz, guy at the register no clue but then the manager did offer to look up how to do it if I come back tomorrow.  So Amazon is paying for us to take the time to persuade the employees in these stores to learn to do their job.

#27 NIU_Huskies   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   18 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

NIU_Huskies

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:03 PM

I went to a CVS on Friday and did it and they knew what I was talking about. Unfortunately the $10 credit is only good for digital downloads. So I ended up using it to get Snipperclips for the Switch. Basically 50% off the game with the $10 credit.

#28 MattOK  

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:39 AM

This is really confusing me. Do you need to spend the $50 at stores like CVS?

#29 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:55 AM

Well, I think I can answer why Amazon is running this promotion.  Went to CVS  ........ duhhhh ....... 3 employees not one complete brain between them.  On to Sheetz, guy at the register no clue but then the manager did offer to look up how to do it if I come back tomorrow.  So Amazon is paying for us to take the time to persuade the employees in these stores to learn to do their job.

All you have to do is have the employee scan your barcode as if you were being rung up for a purchase. Really easy. If they say derp i dunno...Three words: "Here, scan this" lol

#30 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:57 AM

This is really confusing me. Do you need to spend the $50 at stores like CVS?

Nope...when they scan your barcode the cash amount that you select is sent to your Amazon account's gift card balance. Amazon Cash is basically bypassing whoever they used to pay for Amazon gift cards. Is it like gift card mall?