Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (3DS) - $14.97 NEW at Gamestop

Josef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
I did a search and didn't see this posted yet.  Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes had a recent price drop to $14.97 NEW.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/the-legend-of-zelda-triforce-heroes/122852

Search your local stores if you don't want to pay for shipping or try coupon code SAVER for free shipping over $25.

Be aware that the product may (and likely will) be "Gamestop-new,"  which means that it has already been opened, even if you order from the website.

Price match bestbuy. Just call and give them the sku or show them on your phone in store.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-legend-of-zelda-triforce-heroes-nintendo-3ds/8473014.p?skuId=8473014

Dont give lamestop your money. BB youll get a actual new and sealed copy, and the points for the much better rewards points instead of lamestops shit points. And you wont feed the giant shit machine that lamestop is.
Someone's opinion doesn't mean everyone should do that. I have no issue with Gamestop in my area. Most of the copies GS stores have (in my area at least) are still sealed entirely. Your response is entirely opinion and biased and salty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya my game stop always tries to sell opened games as new. I've argued if they are opened they aren't new, it did no good. Usually I try to get games from best buy with gcu or Pm gamestop if they have a better price.

Someone's opinion doesn't mean everyone should do that. I have no issue with Gamestop in my area. Most of the copies GS stores have (in my area at least) are still sealed entirely. Your response is entirely opinion and biased and salty.
Where is this fantastical place!?
Be aware that the product may (and likely will) be "Gamestop-new," which means that it has already been opened, even if you order from the website.
I've never seen a store have more than one unsealed copy of a game. Whenever I get one, after spending a few minutes searching the drawers, the employees always say "It's the last copy, I'm sorry it's not sealed. Do you still want it?" They're supposed to open one copy so they can display the case. The rest of them are sealed. The whole "Gamestop opens up all of their new games!" argument is old, tired, and incorrect.

Doesn't help that he is banned from GS as well.

This game is actually worth it at that price... I had a lot of fun with it at launch but don't think I even made it halfway through it.  I would be down to team up and run through some dungeons if anyone wants.

Will probably pick it up later, price is low enough for a Zelda game anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ya my game stop always tries to sell opened games as new. I've argued if they are opened they aren't new, it did no good. Usually I try to get games from best buy with gcu or Pm gamestop if they have a better price.
Because that's not correct. New doesn't mean wrapped in plastic. New means not played.

Because that's not correct. New doesn't mean wrapped in plastic. New means not played.

Except they've sold me 'new' games opened and without the case. I knew the guy, so he gave me used price, but that's how they peddle it. Unacceptable in any other form of retail.

That condom's good, it may not be wrapped, but it's never been on anyone's dick, full price.

That bacon may be unwrapped and laying on the counter, but it's never been licked, so clearly I should charge new price.

Even Walmart marks items down that are clearly not presentable.

Except they've sold me 'new' games opened and without the case. I knew the guy, so he gave me used price, but that's how they peddle it. Unacceptable in any other form of retail.

That condom's good, it may not be wrapped, but it's never been on anyone's dick, full price.

That bacon may be unwrapped and laying on the counter, but it's never been licked, so clearly I should charge new price.

The condom > dick analogy made me spit my mashed potatoes onto a co-worker I've never even spoken to... Talk about an awkward apology... But damn that was some funny shit.

Will probably pick it up later, price is low enough for a Zelda game anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It is a great game, multiplayer. Single player it is a little rough, because not having independently controlled links makes thing a bit difficult. Still fun, but it is definitely meant to be a three player game. Best enjoyed locally, because the communication system is limited, and online you can run into people that prefer to troll others and not help. I had a great time playing it using download play with my two sons. You only need one copy, but only the master can make multiple outfits (which are helpful).

Well, that isn't always true either. Some of those gutted copies can be checked out and played by employees (if they still allow that).

I didn't mind re-shrink wrapped games back when they allowed you to return games you did not like. As long as they were still in perfect shape, that was ok given the benefit. It also resulted in more sales, because people didn't feel screwed if a game turned out shitty. They don't allow that anymore obviously, but the practice of opening copies still remains. If an opened game is "new" as far as they are concerned, it should be returnable as "new". They should have long ago invested in plastic prisons like all the rest of the retailers so it wouldn't be necessary. If I am paying full price (which is almost always the case at Gamestop), I want an un-opened one - and specify that. I've walked away without purchase when they tell me they don't have any.

Gamestop sells games that are opened and on display as new?  Call the press!  :wall:

I don't know why people still feel the need to argue about this issue.  It's been around pretty much as long as GS and was standard practice in some of the stores they merged with or bought out.    Making a stink to someone working at the store isn't going to do anything but raise blood pressures for no reason what so ever.  I find it easier to just be polite to the people working at GS.  If they don't have what I want in the condition I want then I'll check another store.

As for Zelda TH, this is a solid price.  I bought this with the intent that I would play the game with my kids when it hit $20.  Nicely by checking the gs website I found a store that showed they had it in stock and I was able to get it sealed.  Using the site may help narrow the search if you want to get this sealed.  I actually bought it with the intent to open, but I don't open games until I'm ready to play them because sometimes I change my mind and end up just selling games off.

I'm not suggesting to not be "polite".  But, if the employee presents you an opened copy as "new", you can ask them if the game can be returned for full even if played since it is already opened or simply tell them you do not want an opened copy and if they do not have an unopened one you would prefer to buy elsewhere.  That does not require bashing them or giving them a hard time.  In fact if you are nice about it then they are more likely to let their manager/DM know (if it happens a lot) about lost sales numbers and potentially move the needle.  If you are a jerk, they will simply wave you off ass an asshole.

So if I buy a wrapped game from gamestop open it and don't play it I can return it for a refund? Because what your telling me is for gamestop it's still "new".
No because then they cant guarantee the customer didnt play it. And that rule isnt gamestop. Its everywhere. At the store level they cant guarantee it.

No because then they cant guarantee the customer didnt play it. And that rule isnt gamestop. Its everywhere. At the store level they cant guarantee it.
I can't guarantee their's hasn't been played either. My wife worked for gamestop and the employees would "rent" the games

Gamestop sells games that are opened and on display as new? Call the press! :wall:

I don't know why people still feel the need to argue about this issue.
Probably because people are denying that it happens.

I have 3 GS's in my immediate that try to only sell gutted copies & are told by management to sell those to customers first. GS makes it's customers pay for a benefit it offers it's employees (game "testing" is what they call it). I have argued with GS management about selling unsealed items as new (which is not customary in any other field, nor in the gaming field by any other retailer in our state) until customers left, then thanked me for exposing them. I'm wasting gas going to GS thinking I get a new game when I pay new price, only to be peddled a "this is the last one so it's unsealed" copy. Then the next person walks in for that product is told the same thing (we have tested this on all 3 GS stores in my area before, & now know people that are employed there who verify they do this). The person that used this as a defense just had game run on him.

Is Zelda:TH still online? Is there anyone playing online? I don't know anyone I would play with locally, so it's worthless if the online is really dead like I've heard.

Selling a game as new requires that it be sealed everywhere except GS, so couldn't they be the exception here, too?

I've also been sold an open "new" game and it had scratches on the disc. I'm glad I checked it before I walked out of the store, since they didn't even put the sticker seal on it, meaning I would have been SOL. They ended up adjusting 10% off of the price. :/

Are there actually people arguing for the side of 'Gamestop logic' here? New means unopened and sealed direct from the factory otherwise it doesn't mean anything at all. Now we all know GS is too cheap to get proper display cases so they have to gut a certain amount of copies, but that doesn't excuse anything. Don't let people gaslight you into believing just because someone works at Gamestop they can open a game and do whatever the hell they want with it yet still pawn it off to you as new.

Picked this up earlier today and played online abit. Didn't have a hard time finding random people for the first world.

bread's done
Back