- - - - -

XBox One X Discussion - Release Date 11/7 - $499 - preorders open

#91 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10398 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:40 PM

Geeky video regarding some benchmarks. The info is a couple of months old so performance has probably improved since then (but the numbers shown here are still pretty impressive)

Posted Image

#92 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10398 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:08 PM

Taco Bell is going to start up their win a console promotion again, this time for the X1X. Will start at the end of this month.

Posted Image

#93 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   8959 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:56 PM

Pleasantly surprised by giving away a $500 console!

Spybreaker.pngJanDLC_TOY_8_TS040_14_Forza6_WM-ca08f67eVdThmcK.jpgoVbieaO.pngcuphead_boss_by_yoselinfrankcat-dbdsrwu.

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

:xbox: Call of Duty 4: MW Series, GRiD 2, Forza Horizon

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
:D Forza Motorsport 7, Crackdown 3, Assassin's Creed: Origins

#94 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11165 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:52 AM

DGKtPJtV0AAhKsS.jpg

Funny how times change.

Deader2818.png

#95 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10398 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:46 AM

Funny how times change.

Especially because the 360 and even the original Xbox had Taco Bell promotions.

I remember being happy that a Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet song was used as Taco Bell's theme for a couple of years during and after the XBox launch.

Anyway, it looks like we may get a Day One Edition-type variant for the X. "Project Scorpio Edition," if this is right.

https://www.theverge...nsole-microsoft

4Z0Eu0K.jpg

Supposedly will have pre-order info in the next couple of days.

Posted Image

#96 Navex   The Media Jerk CAGiversary!   1154 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:02 PM

Gamestop Trade-In prices for X

Promotion: November 7-19

--Switch - $200

--PS4 Pro - $200

--Xbox One S - $150

--PS4, original or slim - $150

--Xbox One original - $100

Before I hit up eBay to look, are original Xbox Ones going for more than $100 on there or am I better off just taking this $100 deal? Definitely want the X if it matters and while I'm not usually a person to go for a launch version, want to get that trade-in toward it since the window is limited.

EDIT: Looks like I can get more at the moment but I have no plans to sell this until the X releases since I'm still using it. Looks like I could maybe get another 30-40 bucks after shipping and fees with what they're going for at the moment rather than the $100 trade but might just do the trade to be done with it.

My main review channel for movies, TV and games:
https://www.youtube....Sty08yonijY6GeQ

#97 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   8959 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:27 PM

I looked and I could get $127 for a 500GB Xbox One but I have the Titanfall Bundle, which not only comes with the game but with the Kinect as well, only trading in at $109?

LOL, what's up with that?

Yeah pre-ordered from Amazon. Also have FM7 Ultimate pre-ordered but I got in on their $80 for Ultimate Edition E3 glitch thing.

Also pretty neat that Recore DE will have an update for 4K/HDR assets for free for existing players for the One X.

Official Enhanced Title's List Here: https://majornelson....one-x-enhanced/

Edited by Spybreak9, 21 August 2017 - 12:32 AM.

Spybreaker.pngJanDLC_TOY_8_TS040_14_Forza6_WM-ca08f67eVdThmcK.jpgoVbieaO.pngcuphead_boss_by_yoselinfrankcat-dbdsrwu.

#98 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11165 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:36 AM

I mean, all Xbox One X updates to games should be free anyways.

Deader2818.png

#99 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   8959 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 03:02 AM

Oh you're a piece of work Deader.

#100 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11165 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:06 AM

Oh you're a piece of work Deader.

why? is what i said wrong?

Deader2818.png

#101 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   8959 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:10 AM

I mean, all Xbox One X updates to games should be free anyways.

why? is what i said wrong?

Yeah, they're not charging anything for an upgraded edition or limiting certain Xbox (even PC here too) gamers out because they don't have the premium system. Everyone gets to play the game no matter if you have the OG Xbox One, Xbox One S or Xbox One X. Everybody can play the games they already have with no extra charge as well as all of them playing better on Xbox One X.

But you just go oh well it should be free though.

#102 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11165 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:13 AM

Yeah, they're not charging anything for an upgraded edition or limiting certain Xbox (even PC here too) gamers out because they don't have the premium system. Everyone gets to play the game no matter if you have the OG Xbox One, Xbox One S or Xbox One X. Everybody can play the games they already have with no extra charge as well as all of them playing better on Xbox One X.

But you just go oh well it should be free though.

Yes. They should be. Sony doesn't charge for ps4 pro patches. Why should Microsoft?

If they tried to charge for Xbox One X patches, that would be a terrible business decision.

Deader2818.png

#103 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   8959 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:43 AM

While Nintendo is releasing full price games that were on their last gen console so yeah if you owned the game previously you have to shell out again.

#104 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   10811 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:02 AM

I posted this in the xbox weekly sale thread but I'm gonna post this here. These are games not listed by Major Nelson that one point were confirmed by a developer and/or somehow speculated they would get X treatment.

Agents of Mayhem
Battlefield 1
Cuphead
DOOM
Ginger: Beyond The Crystal
Gwent: The Witcher Card Game
Observer
Pure Chess
Tacoma
Mass Effect: Andromeda ***Wikipedia only lists HDR, which it already has.
Deus Ex ***Wikipedia only lists HDR, which it already has.
NBA 2K17 ***Wikipedia only lists HDR, which it already has.
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 ***Wikipedia only lists HDR, which it already has.
Sunset Overdrive ***Referencing a petition that went around twitter. This is not happening ATM.
The Evil Within 2 ***Is still listed on bethesda's website and was previously on Major Nelson's list***
Rise of the Tomb Raider ***Posted by Square-Enix themselves and MS yet not on the list lol***

The following games have PRO patches on the PS4 Pro but are not yet confirmed to be getting XBox X treatment.

Games on PS4 Pro with support but not X yet:
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
AC The Ezio Collection
Batman Return to Arkham
Battleborn (there is a option on the menu for higher resolution or better FPS. I guess the X would make it look better but need a patch for 4k?
Battlefield 1
Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
COD Modern Warfare Remastered
Darksiders: Warmastered Edition
Darksouls 3
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Dirt 4
Fortnite
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Middle of Earth: Shadow of Mordor (first one. Native 4k 30fps on PS4 Pro.)
NBA 2k17 (2k18 is enhanced on X)
Overwatch
Prey
PES Soccer 2017 (2018 is enhanced on X)
Sine Mora EX
Snake Pass
Tekken 7 (Was rumored for X/shown at E3? But no real confirmations that I can see)
Trackmania Turbo
Van Helsing
Van Helsing 2
Viking Wolves of Midgard
Watch Dogs 2
What Remains of Edith Finch

... go to sleep.

#105 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11165 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:11 PM

While Nintendo is releasing full price games that were on their last gen console so yeah if you owned the game previously you have to shell out again.

You do realize the Xbox one X is not a new console gen right? Last I checked you can't play your Wii u games on the switch.

Deader2818.png

#106 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   8959 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:09 PM

You do realize the Xbox one X is not a new console gen right? Last I checked you can't play your Wii u games on the switch.

Yeah different business philosophy.

#107 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11165 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:59 PM

Yeah different business philosophy.

Well like I said, Sony doesn't charge for pro patches to games.

If Microsoft were to charge you for Xbox one x patches on top of spending $500 for their upgrade console, they would be dead before the system even launched.

Deader2818.png

#108 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2360 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:10 PM

Yeah, that would not be a good business move. The XBoneX is already going to be a hard sell. The last thing they need is exclusive content that you have to pay extra for. The install base is going to be low enough initially that no one would be happy about gating on that level.

For the time being, the XBoneX is going to be an optional upgrade. Best just to get used to that idea.

#109 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   8959 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:29 AM

I'm not comparing Sony.

#110 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11165 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:57 AM

Alright then I guess I don't really understand what point you meant to make then.

Deader2818.png

#111 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   10811 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:13 AM

SUPERHOT was added to the list by Major Nelson either today or yesterday. Double checked the list and noticed he added it. Hopefully more titles soon.

Edit: I removed Farming Simulator 18 because FM17 is getting the X treatment so one would assume 18 will as well when out. because, Why the heck wouldn't it?

... go to sleep.

#112 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10398 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:46 PM

New info from this week regarding games improved on X1X.

http://www.eurogamer...t-gamescom-2017

Posted Image

#113 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   8959 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:02 AM

Bunch of enhanced games talked about, were shown behind their Xbox booth at Gamescom.

Gear of War 4👍👌

#114 freshzen   Big Mon CAGiversary!   4399 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:49 PM

I personally feel like PS4 Pro vs PS4 is a joke, not worth the extra money. I really don't see this being much different.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#115 red-knight  

red-knight

Posted 29 August 2017 - 02:09 PM

I was wondering if there's a forum discussing pre order availability.
I can't get use to the forum search to ever get the discussions I'm looking for, even ones I've been reading and closed down and try to find again.

#116 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   8959 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2017 - 10:06 PM

I was wondering if there's a forum discussing pre order availability.
I can't get use to the forum search to ever get the discussions I'm looking for, even ones I've been reading and closed down and try to find again.

Look over on this thread,

but I believe pre-orders for the Project Scorpio Edition went fast. They'll announce pre-orders for the Standard Edition next month.

#117 red-knight  

red-knight

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:21 AM

Look over on this thread,
but I believe pre-orders for the Project Scorpio Edition went fast. They'll announce pre-orders for the Standard Edition next month.

Thank you, I really appreciate it

#118 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11165 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:48 PM

I personally feel like PS4 Pro vs PS4 is a joke, not worth the extra money. I really don't see this being much different.

If you don't have a 4K tv maybe. I have one and the difference was pretty noticeable.

Deader2818.png

#119 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10398 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2017 - 05:51 AM

Considering the X1 is less powerful than the PS4 (in an overall general sense), and the X1X is noticably more powerful than the Pro, there's a much bigger gulf between the X1 and X1X.

I mean, it's not worth it if there are no games to play that you want, but as far as an "upgrade" goes, this is about a close to a generational leap you can get without actually being a generational leap.

Posted Image

#120 RBK  

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:33 PM

Won't be a new generation until there's Scorpio exclusive titles.