Best Way To Offload a Loaded GameStop Trade-In Card for Cash?

Nick_A_Graham

CAGiversary!
So I started a mild obsession a couple of months back due to the area Family Video stores liquidating their DS games, and discovering a couple of area pawn shops that sold all PS3 & 360 games for a flat $5 a pop.  This led me to loading up a GameStop Trade-In card, which as of this writing is at $488.79

Normally I would eBay the stuff, but with a full time job, a side business that has grown exponentially, and three daughters I would like to spend *some* time with, I just got a Power-Up card and commenced trading in.

My original plan was to get a PS4 Pro and Event Dawn Horizon, but honestly I still need to play through the XB1 games I got myself for Christmas, and the sizable library of Wii U games I've amassed since buying a used one cheap.  More pressing in the impending Planet Comicon in Kansas City, which requires sizable expendable income for maximum enjoyment.

So, what's the best way to get cash for a Trade-In card this big?  is eBay a viable option?  The online sites that buy gift cards want to take a 25-30% chunk in the best case scenario, which I'm not particularly keen on.  Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. 

Wrong board but I'll give an answer anyway. Use the trade credit to buy other gift cards. Your only restriction is it can't be used for eBay or gas gift cards. Buy a Netflix subscription, chipotle gift card, southwest gift card, etc.

So I started a mild obsession a couple of months back due to the area Family Video stores liquidating their DS games, and discovering a couple of area pawn shops that sold all PS3 & 360 games for a flat $5 a pop. This led me to loading up a GameStop Trade-In card, which as of this writing is at $488.79

Normally I would eBay the stuff, but with a full time job, a side business that has grown exponentially, and three daughters I would like to spend *some* time with, I just got a Power-Up card and commenced trading in.

My original plan was to get a PS4 Pro and Event Dawn Horizon, but honestly I still need to play through the XB1 games I got myself for Christmas, and the sizable library of Wii U games I've amassed since buying a used one cheap. More pressing in the impending Planet Comicon in Kansas City, which requires sizable expendable income for maximum enjoyment.

So, what's the best way to get cash for a Trade-In card this big? is eBay a viable option? The online sites that buy gift cards want to take a 25-30% chunk in the best case scenario, which I'm not particularly keen on. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
buy a system and sell it ( like the switch when it was new) wait for the next systems to come out... Buy games and hope to flip them on ebay for what you paid for them... I would not sell the gift card on ebay cause someone could get it.. Use it and then say It had 0 on it and you be screwed. I myself have around 1200 in gift cards and still looking to dump them... might wait for the next systems to hit... just hope gamestop doesnt go belly up before then (their profits are down)

Don't go on ebay, someone will say you sold them a devalued gift card and you'll be out both the sale and the money you invested.  If your store sells Amazon cards, that's basically as good as cash given they have everything.  Might be the way to go.

Don't go on ebay, someone will say you sold them a devalued gift card and you'll be out both the sale and the money you invested. If your store sells Amazon cards, that's basically as good as cash given they have everything. Might be the way to go.
They don't anymore nor would it work.

They don't sell amazon anymore? You can't buy a gift card with gift card?

Likely use my $200 for Scorpio . Was going to get a switch but the CEMU is a better console to get 4k Zelda and MARIO .
They don't sell Amazon anymore. They don't let you buy eBay or Shell (gas) gift cards with trade credit anymore. Everything else is fair game.

Yeah, best bet is to buy eshop, psn, Xbox currency and sell it for 20% off on this site's trading forum if you want it liquidated fast. You can probably sell it with less of a discount but it will obviously sell slower.

I'm in the market for a PS4 Pro and getting some bonus credit on top of it to buy a couple games would be ideal. But in all honesty a deal like this for this much money is pretty damn risky. You can sell it here, but given that you are basically a brand new member with no trade feedback, it's going to be hard to get people to trust you on a transaction that large and you will probably have to send first. If you aren't comfortable with that you may have to sell it to a pawn shop like you mentioned. 

Josh, PM sent.  With your feedback, I would feel comfortable working something out.  Also sent you the link to my eBay account.

bread's done
Back