* - - - - 3 votes

GS Spring Sale April 10-16

flips Gamestop

#31 nadohawk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   965 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:06 PM

Don't mind me. I just came here to see the lousy sales and I wasn't disappointed. 

1. 1 John 1:7,9

But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#32 zlatour   Shredaholic CAGiversary!   1744 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:17 PM

Don't mind me. I just came here to see the lousy sales and I wasn't disappointed.

These never disappoint

#33 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3268 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:12 PM

GameStop's woes are just the tip of the iceberg. :/ Forget the wall street record stocks and jobs reports.. another shitstorm recession is on the way. There's gonna be a lot more places closing down stores soon. :x hoard money. Wait for shit to get cheaper.

#34 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   2871 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:22 PM

GameStop's woes are just the tip of the iceberg. :/ Forget the wall street record stocks and jobs reports.. another shitstorm recession is on the way. There's gonna be a lot more places closing down stores soon.

I shouldn't do this because I hate to make posts off-topic but since everyone else is doing the same then whatever.

What makes you think this with our economic improvement in the past years?

#35 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3268 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:17 AM

I shouldn't do this because I hate to make posts off-topic but since everyone else is doing the same then whatever.

What makes you think this with our economic improvement in the past years?

early signs would be all the layoffs at Lowe's, Macy's, sprint, walmart and jc penny along with things like local union jobs here reducing benefits, as well as numerous reports over the last couple years from top economists predicting the shit is gonna hit the fan again by 2018. I'd even go so far as to say that the big YouTube ad exodus also has to do with companies' bottom lines as they begin to tighten their budget in preparation for bad times.

#36 evilw0n   Deals & Games CAGiversary!   1788 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:34 AM

GME is dead unless they transform and I'm not sure they are viable then.  Look at their stock and SHLD in the last 2 years.  At least GME doesn't have a hedge fund manager (Uncle Eddie Lampert) running the ship while using the losses as tax write offs for their hedge fund and selling off all assets of value.  Then again, GME doesn't have any assets to sell off.

Back to the topic at hand....the sale...yeah...going to need you to come in on Saturday.

#37 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5738 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:21 AM

I think is time GS understands GCU and Prime... 

Been patiently waiting and will continue to wait. Gamestop has no reason to compete with BestBuy GCU since people will still largely buy from Gamestop since it's a store for only games. GCU is much better, but the average consumer thinks Gamestop will be better since they are a gaming store.

Once BB makes a separate gaming store (which I heard they had plans to), they will not control the gaming market in the U.S. regardless of whatever deals they have.

#38 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11212 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:47 AM

I feel like this gets brought up a lot but the profit margin is only 20% on a new game. Gamestop will not sell new games for cost when they dont have high margin items to off set not making profit on those games like Best Buy and Amazon do.

Physical media for games have been going down for a few years now. Gamestop is getting hit harder because they are just a gaming store (mostly). Even with all that they are still the market leader for gaming by a pretty good amount.

As more times go on they will just make more stores think geek stores and a lot of stores are becoming 50/50 stores as well.

Deader2818.png

#39 justadude  

justadude

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:46 AM

I feel like this gets brought up a lot but the profit margin is only 20% on a new game. Gamestop will not sell new games for cost when they dont have high margin items to off set not making profit on those games like Best Buy and Amazon do.

Physical media for games have been going down for a few years now. Gamestop is getting hit harder because they are just a gaming store (mostly). Even with all that they are still the market leader for gaming by a pretty good amount.

As more times go on they will just make more stores think geek stores and a lot of stores are becoming 50/50 stores as well.

They also seem to have a better selection than Best Buy (at least here).

#40 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   13925 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:45 PM

They also seem to have a better selection than Best Buy (at least here).

Yeah when I got to BB their PS4/XB1 new sections literally only have 15 different games each in them. Used is like 2-3 on the new consoles and like 15 on the old ones.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#41 Dacannonnn   Wow great guy wow CAGiversary!   67 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Dacannonnn

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:35 PM

But! The best service Gamestop offers is their rentals. I mean 7 days for free??

lol I did this with about 10 games when I was 18 and broke. My original purchase was with credit and by the time I decided to get a refund instead of another game they got overwhelmed by the number of transactions and gave me cash back.

#42 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10256 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:38 PM

Been patiently waiting and will continue to wait. Gamestop has no reason to compete with BestBuy GCU since people will still largely buy from Gamestop since it's a store for only games. GCU is much better, but the average consumer thinks Gamestop will be better since they are a gaming store.

Once BB makes a separate gaming store (which I heard they had plans to), they will not control the gaming market in the U.S. regardless of whatever deals they have.

GCU is better but I hate trading games to Gamestop. And I find BB store associates just as annoying

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#43 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5279 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:50 AM

Sherlock Holmes and the Devil's Daughter has my attention, I don't have a console to play it on.  Also, Buy 2 Get 1 Free on DS games seems nice.  I want all those Pokemon games, but still out of my price range.