* * * - - 4 votes

Xbox One Kinect 2.0 (preowned) for $8.99 in store at GameStop for PUR Pro Members!

GameStop xbox kinect

#31 StainedCarpet   Boy if you dont CAGiversary!   133 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

StainedCarpet

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:11 AM

Update! Just left my local GameStop. Walked out with a Kinect for 9.74 after tax. Thanks OP!!! I always found the Kinect useful because of the ability to turn the Xbox on by saying "Xbox on". Not $150 useful, but for 10 bucks? Hell yeah!

#32 Jackovasaurus   And ya say Chi-City CAGiversary!   1401 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Jackovasaurus

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:25 AM

Update! Just left my local GameStop. Walked out with a Kinect for 9.74 after tax. Thanks OP!!! I always found the Kinect useful because of the ability to turn the Xbox on by saying "Xbox on". Not $150 useful, but for 10 bucks? Hell yeah!

Now it's, "hey, Cortana, Xbox On".

shoopbadoop.png

#33 SharkSocks  

SharkSocks

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:48 AM

Decent flip to Amazon if you wanna move some GS credit. They take 'em for $22.

#34 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   724 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:52 AM

I had a weird thing happen with some trade credit. A couple months ago a did a trade in on a preorder to get extra credit. Then I found a vita game I wanted at a different location a day or two later. I don't shop at GS much so I didn't realize preorders are store specific and it'd be a nightmare to transfer credit. But the clerk did over the phone. But instead of the credit going to my account it just went on some card and the clerk wrote the number down on a piece of paper for me. This was a couple months ago.

Fast forward to today and my trade credit balance should have been $2.81 but it was $0. The guy at GS felt bad for me and since it wasn't a lot of money, he did some weird stuff to make up for my missing credit. I had 2 months left of PUR. What he wound up doing was he renewed my PUR membership. He changed the price of the Kinect to $0.90 and changed the PUR TO $6.00 making it ~7.50 after tax. It was pretty weird, but hey, I got an extra year of PUR out of it

#35 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2075 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:56 AM

Anyone have an extra coupon they won't need? I've been eyeing on the Kinect for the longest time but it was too expensive

24646xl.jpg

My YouTube channel has been reborn into Gee Wiz Gaming! Become a Little Wizard and subscribe! Comment any criticism you may have and share my first new video with your friends.

https://www.youtube....Lx888bJmv8AWUwQ

Now if only i could afford an Elgato and a Snowball....

#36 stuntman21   You're friendly CAG CAGiversary!   1420 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:12 AM

Are these coupons different for everyone? Like are they different codes?

#37 the Gooseler   Damon Baird CAGiversary!   776 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

the Gooseler

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:26 AM

I think the offer ended in March, but I could be wrong.

"The Xbox One S Kinect Adapter is available for purchase from the Microsoft Store or other participating retailers.

An offer for people with a Kinect Sensor upgrading from Xbox One ended in March 2017" - microsoft support

You are correct. Well this sucks, and its probably why they're dumping them. Since the adapters aren't free they can make money off them instead.

#38 RBK  

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:49 AM

That's a great price lol, wish I had a Pro membership now.

I do miss my voice commands.

#39 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6068 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:30 AM

Thanks, OP. I'll go pick one up tomorrow.

#40 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13131 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:39 AM

Surely there must be a deal on the S adapter by now. Can you buy those pre owned too?

The most recent dashboard update likely killed any meaningful video use of the camera. Still might be worth it for Cortana voice commands, but having rewatched the 2013 press conference fiasco again recently, seems like all the Minority Report-like used of flipping between apps and Tv stations revolved around "Snap" which is gone now.

Definitely worth it for the voice commands.  Just being able to walk into my apartment, saying "Xbox On" and having it ready to go by the time I get in the living room kicks ass.

Although this is $8.81 more than I paid for two extras last winter, still a kickass deal!

Once as a kid I cried as my parents drove from ny to nj. That was a far cry.

If 4chan is the Internet's anus, Reddit is the taint.

#41 redonkalous  

redonkalous

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:02 AM

Nice price especially after the stacked coupons. You could either flip it or use it for voice commands. We still use it to control movies & shows, the volume, and capture vids & screen shots. Probably get your money's worth for those.

#42 blackopslady   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   36 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

blackopslady

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:15 PM

What exactly is the coupon for? Is it just for the Kinect? 

#43 Untamed Sorrow   The Maple Kind ?? CAGiversary!   1009 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Untamed Sorrow

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:21 PM

You can find the adapters for dirt on Ebay, just have to check often, they go quick. My brother found a NEW one for $13 shipped.
:argue::boxing::twoguns::whee:=;:-k::fridge::-({|=:applause:

#44 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3784 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:24 PM

Nice price especially after the stacked coupons. You could either flip it or use it for voice commands. We still use it to control movies & shows, the volume, and capture vids & screen shots. Probably get your money's worth for those.

Hi.is there a list of recommended games for this?

For voice commands, for example , can I say tv shows, then say the name of the show like for example, tv on.tv shows. Watch the flash? Pretty cool if no longer need a remote control

#45 Number 216  

Number 216

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:46 PM

is the coupon dead? I cannot find it in Active Offers 

#46 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   4933 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:52 PM

Are you a Pro member? It's not free.

#47 icarusmight   What it do! CAGiversary!   898 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

icarusmight

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:02 PM

Thanks OP. Picking one up today. Don't need one but for this price I'll try it out!

#48 Number 216  

Number 216

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:08 PM

Are you a Pro member? It's not free.

I am and just renewed my membership a little over a week ago

#49 BudzMcGee   Clearance Bin Review CAGiversary!   3643 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:12 PM

I'm pretty sure you can still get a free adapter for the Xbox one S if you had an older Xbox one first.

They ship pretty fast too. When I switched to an S it took like a week to arrive. 

$9 is worth it just for the voice commands honestly, though sadly they are clearly no longer a focus and some apps (Netflix) don't work to navigate anymore. Still though, being able to say "Xbox Pause" during a movie and not having to try and turn on a controller first, etc., is just nice. Same for turning the Xbox on and off. haha. 

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
Backlog-Quest-II.jpg?resize=306%2C160
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Get money back for purchases at Target, Best Buy and more with Ibotta (My Referral Link).

#50 mitch079   Fun hurts my lungs. CAGiversary!   12498 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:15 PM

They ended the free adapter program recently so it'll cost you $40 if you buy it from MS directly to use it on the S (or Scorpio down the road).  http://www.polygon.c...-free-microsoft

Under Construction

spoiler.JPG

#51 mitch079   Fun hurts my lungs. CAGiversary!   12498 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:23 PM

http://123kinect.com/

Under Construction

spoiler.JPG

#52 SharkSocks  

SharkSocks

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:04 PM

Dance Central Spotlight (I've put in over 60 hours because it was my workout regimen pretty much) and Fantasia: Music Evolved.

#53 Ratmonkey  

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:17 PM

Dance Central Spotlight (I've put in over 60 hours because it was my workout regimen pretty much) and Fantasia: Music Evolved.

This. I started a fat bet with my coworkers in January and dance central spotlight and Xbox fitness are the reasons I won.

#54 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:31 PM

is the coupon dead? I cannot find it in Active Offers 

if you access gamestop.com on a pc click View All under offers (if you are pro) since it only shows 3 offers on the pc website.  mobile app should list them all.

i bought a refurb kinect a while back from GS while it was like $15 or something, got the free one S adapter (like someone said it arrives really fast) and still never bothered hooking it up.  its a nice thing to have i guess, i wonder if scorpio will have a kinect interface too

#55 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   4933 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:42 PM

This. I started a fat bet with my coworkers in January and dance central spotlight and Xbox fitness are the reasons I won.

You used Dance Central Spotlight and were able to lose weight? I thought the song selection was very limited, like 10 songs. Did you buy any DLC songs?

#56 Number 216  

Number 216

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:09 PM

if you access gamestop.com on a pc click View All under offers (if you are pro) since it only shows 3 offers on the pc website.  mobile app should list them all.

i bought a refurb kinect a while back from GS while it was like $15 or something, got the free one S adapter (like someone said it arrives really fast) and still never bothered hooking it up.  its a nice thing to have i guess, i wonder if scorpio will have a kinect interface too

Unfortunately it's showing I have no active offers on PC and on the GS app. I contacted them with this issue and am waiting a response. It's kind of ironic as the coupon is listed here https://www.gamestop...x/ProExclusives but when logging into my account it's still showing up as no active offers. Really hoping GS is able to resolve this for me, as I'd love to bite the bullet on a $9 kinnect 

#57 SharkSocks  

SharkSocks

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:23 PM

You used Dance Central Spotlight and were able to lose weight? I thought the song selection was very limited, like 10 songs. Did you buy any DLC songs?

I owned DC 1-3 so I had a fair amount of DLC that was backwards compatible, but I was buying new songs every week. It was enough to keep the game fresh. 

#58 Ratmonkey  

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:00 PM

I've bought 2 songs, so I have 12 total. I would do the workout mode and set the time to 30-45 min (whatever my plan was for the day). Each song had different levels and routines and in the workout mode you can pick what kinds of routines you want and it will randomly play song/routine.

#59 Candyvin   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   115 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:26 PM

Thanks for sharing OP

I am The Gadget God on YouTube - http://youtube.com/TheGadgetGod

Currently Playing: Nintendo Switch 128GB, PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB, Xbox One S 2.5TB, New Nintendo 3DS XL 32GB, PS Vita Slim 64GB

Currently Collecting The NTSC Nintendo 64 Collection Complete In Box!

#60 csmith81981   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

csmith81981

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:51 PM

Thanks OP. Grabbed one on my lunch break. The first one they brought out looked like it was drug behind a car on a gravel driveway then was played with by 2 year olds. I asked if they had one that wasn't all beat up and the rep came back with one that still had the original plastic on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk