* * * * - 3 votes

South Park: TFBW Contest Over. Congrats, Shinra_Soldier7!

#31 Danimal   12/2003 - 9/2018 CAGiversary!   2920 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:26 AM

It would need to have a music-related word in it.  For instance, "Piano Man" or "Immigrant Song" I would accept.  "Welcome to the Jungle" would be a no.  

If you're still not sure if what you have in mind would be acceptable, you can ask me specifically in a pm and I'll let you know.  That offer goes for anyone who has one that they're not sure would be acceptable for any of the categories.

#32 Danimal   12/2003 - 9/2018 CAGiversary!   2920 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:35 PM

Someone sent me a pm with a question about Category 8 (the one that asks you to unlock an A/T with a movie title in it's name), so I wanted to quickly clarify it a bit.  The A/T must contain all of the words in the movie's title, including "A", "An", or "The".  For example, if you unlocked the achievement "Deer Hunter" from SpecOps: The Line, it would not qualify for the movie "The Deer Hunter" because it's missing the word "The".

I've edited the description of category 8 in the OP to make this clearer.

#33 Karogenic  

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:10 PM

I will probably pm all my entries on June 1st, after looking at all my trophies from May 1st-31st. 

Hope I hit all categories without looking :)

#34 mvp828   It's not CAGers Dammit CAGs CAGiversary!   2603 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:29 AM

Glad I checked the free section for once. I'm definitely in.  Not sure how good I'll do, but it will at least make me play some stuff in my backlog.  

On a side note... After seeing your sig, I now know the CAG who's drivatar runs me off the road.

#35 Danimal   12/2003 - 9/2018 CAGiversary!   2920 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:29 AM

On a side note... After seeing your sig, I now know the CAG who's drivatar runs me off the road.

Yeah, considering the less than super skillful way I drive in FH3, my drivatar must be quite a dick.  Sorry about that.  In real life, I'm a fairly courteous driver and hardly ever run anyone off the road.

#36 mvp828   It's not CAGers Dammit CAGs CAGiversary!   2603 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:16 AM

Yeah, considering the less than super skillful way I drive in FH3, my drivatar must be quite a dick.  Sorry about that.  In real life, I'm a fairly courteous driver and hardly ever run anyone off the road.

In all honesty it doesn't seem like the Drivatars race too bad in FH3... More so that they just are always in the damn way.  I remember I was doing a drift zone and kept having to rewind because every time it hit me in the last corner.  Finally I gave up, let him go through the zone to start again only to have another one show up.

I feel like the drivatars in Forza Motorsport games are a thousand times worse.  They will just run you into a corner and off the track every time.

#37 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4291 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:03 AM

I will probably pm all my entries on June 1st, after looking at all my trophies from May 1st-31st.

Hope I hit all categories without looking :)

Same. If there's another one I'll do more pre planning next time

#38 WalkingWiki  

WalkingWiki

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:57 PM

I'll be competing in this and will be PM'ing you my achievements soon.

I'm new to TrueAchievements tho, so how do I send you the link of an achievement that has my name on it? Do I just go to the list of my achievements unlocked, click on the achievement, then send you the link of that achievement while logged in?

#39 Danimal   12/2003 - 9/2018 CAGiversary!   2920 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:56 PM

I'm new to TrueAchievements tho, so how do I send you the link of an achievement that has my name on it? Do I just go to the list of my achievements unlocked, click on the achievement, then send you the link of that achievement while logged in?

Yeah, that's pretty much it.  If you sign in at TA, there's that drop-down menu you can click on by your name.  Click on "My Achievements", then from your list of achievements, click on the one you want to submit for one of the categories.  Right click to copy the address in your address bar, then paste the link in your pm to me.  Make sure you let me know which category you're submitting each A/T for.  Something like this:  Category 11 (Food)

#40 WalkingWiki  

WalkingWiki

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:03 PM

Alright, cool

Also, I have a question on two achievements categories:

a) For the "mammal" one, does it matter if the mammal is fictional or not?

b) For the "palindrome" one, one-letter palindromes count, right (like "I" and "A")?

#41 Danimal   12/2003 - 9/2018 CAGiversary!   2920 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:23 PM

Alright, cool

b) For the "palindrome" one, one-letter palindromes count, right (like "I" and "A")?

Those are interesting questions.  I had to think about both of them a little.  Here's how I come down on them:

a)  The mammal must be a real mammal.  No Griffins, Manticores, or Snuffleupaguses will be accepted.

b)  One letter palindromes do not count.  Technically, I guess the words "I" and "A" fit the definition of a palindrome, but this is a "letter of the law vs. spirit of the law" issue for me; it would be defeating the purpose of having a palindrome category since finding an achievement with the word "A" in it would be about as challenging as finding a McDonald's that serves Big Macs.

#42 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8854 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:54 PM

Alright, cool

Can't use The Swappers achievements. Already asked. :p

#43 WalkingWiki  

WalkingWiki

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:21 AM

Alright, thanks for the quick response. I just realize that taking out part of the achievement name still leaves me with a mammal, so that'll work regardless.

Guess I'll start looking for the palindrome one tho

#44 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8854 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:14 AM

Alright, thanks for the quick response. I just realize that taking out part of the achievement name still leaves me with a mammal, so that'll work regardless.

Guess I'll start looking for the palindrome one tho

can that work? are you suggesting something like werewolf? dont think you can use part of a word.

#45 Danimal   12/2003 - 9/2018 CAGiversary!   2920 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:33 AM

can that work? are you suggesting something like werewolf? dont think you can use part of a word.

Something like werewolf would not work.  The mammal word has to be the full word, not part of a longer word.  Same goes for the other categories, so something like "REDline" would not work for the color category, or "BATtery" would not work for the sports word category, etc.  I'm guessing there will be a few entries in the final submissions that I'll end up not accepting for one reason or another.  As always, if anyone wants to know for sure if a specific A/T would be acceptable for a certain category, you can always ask me in a pm and I'll let you know.

#46 WalkingWiki  

WalkingWiki

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:58 PM

Oh, alright, so I can't do an achievement called "Hellhound"? Alright, I'll keep looking

#47 Danimal   12/2003 - 9/2018 CAGiversary!   2920 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:27 PM

Just wanted to bump this thread up with a quick reminder post that we're down to the last few days of May, which means the last few days to try and unlock A/Ts for the categories.  You don't have to wait until June to pm me your entries if you're finished unlocking stuff for the contest.  Entries can be submitted any time up until June 7th.  I'm really curious to see how many entries I get.  Could be 2 or 3, could be 30 or 40.  I have no idea what to expect.  I hope at least a few people have had some fun with this.

#48 WalkingWiki  

WalkingWiki

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:30 PM

I've filled out an achievement for all but 3 categories, and I'm currently playing through BioShock for the first time, so I might be able to finish those by the end of the month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#49 Danimal   12/2003 - 9/2018 CAGiversary!   2920 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:39 PM

How are you liking Bioshock?  That's an all time favorite of mine.

#50 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8854 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:56 PM

Working on trying to get some higher point achievements for certain categories. :p

#51 WalkingWiki  

WalkingWiki

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:03 PM

It's very, very good so far. It's aged well, and looks more like its from 2011 or something than from 2007.

#52 WalkingWiki  

WalkingWiki

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:17 AM

Quick question: do extinct animals count for the mammal category?

#53 Danimal   12/2003 - 9/2018 CAGiversary!   2920 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:45 AM

No, I'm going to say that the mammal has to be one currently living in today's world.

#54 WalkingWiki  

WalkingWiki

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:46 AM

Alright, then a 100 GS achievement I got cannot fit in any category, great

Probably should've looked at the categories before getting it, but whatever

#55 WalkingWiki  

WalkingWiki

Posted 29 May 2017 - 04:39 AM

Is anyone else that's doing this contest finding the palindrome category to be very, very hard? I can't seem to find an achievement with a palindrome that's not one letter anywhere

#56 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8854 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:48 AM

Is anyone else that's doing this contest finding the palindrome category to be very, very hard? I can't seem to find an achievement with a palindrome that's not one letter anywhere

kinda is yah. i was trying to beat Octodad for an achievement with the word Dad in it but the game got too frustrating for me. Did find another game with another game though. hardest category I had was the achievement with Big, Bigger, or Biggest.

#57 Danimal   12/2003 - 9/2018 CAGiversary!   2920 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:28 PM

Some of the categories are tougher than others on purpose.  It's like achievements in games; you get those first few easy ones for finishing the tutorial or making your first kill, finding your first collectible, etc. and it gives you a little feeling of progression or accomplishment, but then there are the ones that you know are going to be extremely tough to get, or will take some time.  It's good to have that mix.

The contest on the other site that I borrowed (stole?) this idea from was like that, too.  They had 12 categories as well, and there were a couple I just could not get.  Scoured my backlog with no luck.

Out of curiosity, I looked up my achievements so far for the month of May to see how many categories I'd unlocked without trying to.  If I were someone just stumbling across this contest now, I could fill 7 of the categories for sure, with one other iffy one that I'd have to plead my case for.  That's why I hope even if people are just seeing this now, they'll still give it a shot, even if they only get a few of the categories.

#58 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4291 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2017 - 05:50 PM

Went through the list today. Doing much much worse than I thought.

What if I don't know how to pronounce a word, but it might rhyme? I'll make this potential entry public even though it will hurt my chances of winning, but I'm so far behind it doesn't matter. "Sancti Sepulchri" Does that rhyme? 

#59 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8854 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:26 PM

Disregard.

#60 WalkingWiki  

WalkingWiki

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:47 PM

I was originally gonna play BioShock 2 next, since I just finished BioShock and I'm playing them on the Xbox Game Pass trial, but I realized another game I own (which I won't mention) has a lot of achievements that fit categories and are higher gamerscore than the ones I had in.

Sometimes, it's just about finding the right game, whether it's easy to get the achievements or not.