How to get your partner into video games

It's simple. Figure out your SO's interests and don't just assume she/he/they can only play "easy" games. If your SO loves watching fantasy movies, find a fantasy video game. 

Or just have them accept you have your game time and let them have their own time as well. If they become interested like saying seeing Persona 5 and the school drama...share it. Course if they do want to be nice and help them in their playing if they want it. Now if someone says no more video games or something...that's something else entirely and a huge red flag.

My wife hates video games. She does however, respect that I enjoy them. I find my time to play. The way I look at it, is that I do a damn good job at my family time. I make time for her and my two sons. My play time is when they are in bed and my wife is watching some TV show that doesn't interest me.

Life is all about balance to me. The secret is to know where that balance point is on your own life and strive to maintain that point.

Maybe they don't want to play games. Why is it every guy always tries to get their other half into games and always spew out the same tired old ways to get them into games as if they really do love games but need some magic key to unlock that desire. My wife likes plenty of stuff I don't and vice versa.

Gamer dudes are awful at this. When the hell was the last time someone really tried to get their girl into wood working, or welding, or say I really need to support her into getting into stamp collecting.

Just because you love games doesn't mean she has to also. And you don't need to try and push her either. Just be glad she is with you. Offer to let her play, she says no then let it go.

in DSII, you outplay another player to show dominance then you befriend him for partnership. find another player and repeat from step one.

I had one partner that loved watching me play horror games, but was too scared to play. Particular favorites were Bioshock and the Resident Evil remake.

bread's done
Back