* * * * - 10 votes

Free Copy of Deformers for PS4, PC.

#301 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   19861 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:38 PM

I played the game last night with some CAGs and I'd agree it's worth around $5, but tbh I'd be mad if I paid $5 for it.  The Rocket League clone mode was the best part about it, but it's like a slow, less accurate version of RL.  I never see myself choosing it over RL.  Deathmatch got better once I got the hang of it, but it's like a bad shooter, mixed with a brawler.  It's okay, but not something I'm running to play again.  

Also, when I got my code they tried to give me an open one but I asked for a sealed one from the drawer.  Also, Lamestop haters are lame.  Gamestop fanboys are worse.  Both please just leave.  

You can get a free PUR account next time you are in store.  It'll come in handy the one time in 20 years you get something for it, but I wouldn't run out to get one just for this game unless you already have a trip to the area planned. 

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#302 spoderman  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:48 PM

I probably had more fun than Fox did when we played together, and I feel like paying $5 is being generous. It was designed like a F2P game. If you're willing to pay $15-$20 for it, I have a million other multiplayer games I can refer you to that are better and cheaper. Hell, the recent Humble Hooked on Multiplayer bundle had way better games in it and that was $10 for the highest tier.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#303 hotwheels68  

hotwheels68

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:49 PM

So you guys have been playing already? I'm waiting for it to be officially released for some reason.

#304 spoderman  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:51 PM

So you guys have been playing already? I'm waiting for it to be officially released for some reason.

It was officially released last night on Steam. Not sure about PS4

GUtUP1U.jpg

#305 hotwheels68  

hotwheels68

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:52 PM

It was officially released last night on Steam. Not sure about PS4

Oh yeah, right you are. I was thinking of a Tuesday release. I will try it out this afternoon. Thanks.

#306 blackbeard4886   CAG Bannigeddon Survivor CAGiversary!   3383 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:55 PM

How much irrational hate for a company do you have to have in order to consistently refer them as lamestop in your rant?

All you have done is show your sheer ignorance with your stupid rant. We are all well aware that GCU and Prime are a better deal overall, but it doesn't mean that the PUR Pro membership doesn't have any value or doesn't pay for itself in other ways.

Like Deader said, if you are smart you have both GCU and PUR Pro.

I spent 4K last year on game related stuff. Half of that was funded thanks to GameStop.

I'm pretty sure he is banned from GS.

when-you-try-to-wink1.gif

Please PM for access to the Flipping Google Group

https://groups.googl...flip_sheets_cag

#307 mackie619   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   221 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

mackie619

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:59 PM

So.....my name is mackie619 and I get boners when I go into a game stop. The first step to recovery is admitting the problem.

#308 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4623 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:03 PM

So.....my name is mackie619 and I get boners when I go into a game stop. The first step to recovery is admitting the problem.

Ew more like mackie69 amirite lol
"...don't be sensitive and angry at the sh!t that I wrote
Cause if you can take a Fuck n d!ck, you can take a joke" -IT

lol

#309 SlimSkeletor  

SlimSkeletor

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:05 PM

Anyone actually like this game?

#310 archibishopofBAH   Insidious and insipid. CAGiversary!   4243 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

archibishopofBAH

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:11 PM

Anyone actually like this game?

Weiler

#311 sovereignNX-73811   Don't ever be on a boat with Adol Christin CAGiversary!   5657 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:18 PM

A tl;dr review of Deformers:

Tried to get into a match last night for almost half an hour. People kept going in and out of the lobby. Completely unplayable for me. Oh well, back to Persona 5!

A tumblr_mknsfzSHg31r3l7xxo1_r1_250.gif out of 10.

Infamously known to post this gif waaay too much:

Spoiler

Current Playlist: 

Spoiler

#312 zlatour   Shredaholic CAGiversary!   1744 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:27 PM

The video game equivalent of a garbage dump imho. Please take back this free game, Gamestop...

gZ1IE.gif

#313 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13269 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:39 PM

I played a couple matches last night on XBO.  I got a definite f2p feeling from it.

At least I can ditch the disc back to GS for $15 and only end up having paid $5 for the Steelbook + extras.

Once as a kid I cried as my parents drove from ny to nj. That was a far cry.

If 4chan is the Internet's anus, Reddit is the taint.

#314 SharkSocks  

SharkSocks

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:46 PM

I played a couple matches last night on XBO.  I got a definite f2p feeling from it.

At least I can ditch the disc back to GS for $15 and only end up having paid $5 for the Steelbook + extras.

Put it towards one of the 50% bonus games, use the $5 coupon, and get the full $20 back.

#315 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4623 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:31 PM

Put it towards one of the 50% bonus games, use the $5 coupon, and get the full $20 back.

Steal a bag of M&M's and a Pokemon plushie on your way out and that should reimburse you for your taxes and gas spent
"...don't be sensitive and angry at the sh!t that I wrote
Cause if you can take a Fuck n d!ck, you can take a joke" -IT

lol

#316 djduke316   Deez Nutz CAGiversary!   474 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:00 PM

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up! Was interested in this game and is downloading right now on my PS4!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#317 dualrec  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:40 AM

I played a couple matches last night on XBO. I got a definite f2p feeling from it.

Are the steelbook and figures nice looking?

#318 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13269 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:50 AM

The steelbook is awesome IMO.  Figures are ok, but I'm not the best person to ask on that.  I'm not really a figure person.

I have over 80 steelbooks though.

#319 SharkSocks  

SharkSocks

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:01 AM

The steelbook is gorgeous, soundtrack is a fun thing to listen to in the car, and the figures are nice, but not like mind-blowing. I'm really happy they included figures of Bucky and Pugglesworth. Only complaint is the figures don't have buttholes. Definitely worth it at $20, maybe worth it at $40.

Link to pictures

#320 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11098 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:16 AM

How much irrational hate for a company do you have to have in order to consistently refer them as lamestop in your rant?

All you have done is show your sheer ignorance with your stupid rant. We are all well aware that GCU and Prime are a better deal overall, but it doesn't mean that the PUR Pro membership doesn't have any value or doesn't pay for itself in other ways.

Like Deader said, if you are smart you have both GCU and PUR Pro.

I spent 4K last year on game related stuff. Half of that was funded thanks to GameStop.

You're not smart if you GCU, Amazon Prime or PUR Pro. 

They are only worth as much as your likelyhood to use them, and having multiple in concern is very likely to make the value of all of them lesser. 

Unless you do your own math and know your own habits, it's not particularly smart to have any of them. 

Plus, I'm not exactly thrilled with Gamestop right now. They themselves haven't come forward to customers informing them of their data breach over the Christmas season. Now they screw up this? 

Yeah, that's exactly the sort of company I want holding some of my personal information.

#321 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11212 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:37 AM

I seriously hope you aren't trying to say GCU isn't worth it.

Deader2818.png

#322 crazyed  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:46 AM

They are only worth as much as your likelyhood to use them, and having multiple in concern is very likely to make the value of all of them lesser. 

Unless you do your own math and know your own habits, it's not particularly smart to have any of them. 

Plus, I'm not exactly thrilled with Gamestop right now. They themselves haven't come forward to customers informing them of their data breach over the Christmas season. Now they screw up this? 

Yeah, that's exactly the sort of company I want holding some of my personal information.

Can't disagree with this more.  The math just doesn't add up if you don't have them.  GCU and GS Pro gives you a ton of free stuff from credit.  My switch, ps4, wii u and its games are all compliments of both stores.  I just got into amazon trades and prime doesn't help it but some of those trade values are just insane good that is higher than market value.

#323 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6395 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:52 AM

GCU is amazing IMO. Three games over TWO years and you've already saved $7.50. Then $12.50 on every other game.

Say you get just 6 games. You save $75 for a $30 membership.

And if you're on this site and only buy six games in two years, well...get the Fuck out of here. :)

Know I probably save a few hundred including non-new release purchases.

#324 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13269 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:00 AM

GCU is amazing IMO. Three games over TWO years and you've already saved $6. Then $12.50 on every other game.

Say you get just 6 games. You save $75 for a $30 membership.

And if you're on this site and only buy six games in two years, well...get the Fuck out of here. :)

Know I probably save a few hundred including non-new release purchases.

And if you trade in $300 in games over two years, you've also paid for it already.

#325 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6395 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:01 AM

And if you trade in $300 in games over two years, you've also paid for it already.

Good point.

#326 ICHIRO51MVP   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   148 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

ICHIRO51MVP

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:39 AM

Different memberships have different benefits, and companies have their own prices and deals throughout the year.

Amazon Prime is hard to compare because most people had it for the free 2 day shipping, so they don't feel like they're paying extra for a membership to get the preorder discount. That being said, purely comparing it in terms of gaming deals, it's not as good as GCU since it doesn't apply to used games and doesn't have the points system nor the occasional coupons either.

GCU is probably the best in terms of what you get for the reasons explained above, but you're paying purely for the gaming discounts rather than having as an added benefit to the 2 day shipping, which sometimes doesn't feel as good of a value if you don't buy a lot of games.

I hate Gamestop, but they do have some good deals on used games (especially the older games) a couple of times a year, so you might save a decent amount if you like buying a lot of used games that were released a while ago.

Unless you only buy like 2 games a year, no one is "not smart" for having any of those memberships. The savings quickly add up, and for Amazon Prime the savings on games is not even really the main point of the membership.

#327 Raw_Orangejuice  

Raw_Orangejuice

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:58 AM

Seriously, this debate sparked from a mr Clark comment. Let's not entertain this clown guys.

#328 mysteryd8   Things and Stuff CAGiversary!   118 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

mysteryd8

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:02 AM

Definitely worth it at $20, maybe worth it at $40.

How are you getting the CE for $20? I can justify that for the pug figure way easier than $40.

"I've developed a new philosophy... I only dread one day at a time."  -- Charles M. Schulz

#329 blackbeard4886   CAG Bannigeddon Survivor CAGiversary!   3383 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:07 AM

The steelbook is gorgeous, soundtrack is a fun thing to listen to in the car, and the figures are nice, but not like mind-blowing. I'm really happy they included figures of Bucky and Pugglesworth. Only complaint is the figures don't have buttholes. Definitely worth it at $20, maybe worth it at $40.

giphy.gif

Please PM for access to the Flipping Google Group

https://groups.googl...flip_sheets_cag

#330 Z-Saber   Dancing is about butts now CAGiversary!   5588 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:32 AM

Played it for maybe an hour tonight. Game sucks. Nobody is doing anything but normal death match, and I generally don't care for the gameplay. Graphics/art style and sound/music are the only good points.

XBL: Z 5aber

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/z_saber

Uplay: Z-Saber

Origin: Z_Saber_64

Battle.net BattleTag: Zsaber#11913

PSN: Zsaber64