* * * * * 9 votes

►Best Buy Deals: Select Games w/$10 in Rewards & Other BB Deals!

#2041 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 19 January 2020 - 04:50 AM

My last GCU purchase was Final Fantasy VII preorder and I’m almost glad that it’s done because without GCU and Elite I won’t feel obligated to buy some much anymore and actually play some of the games I already have.

#2042 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10567 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2020 - 08:49 PM

My last GCU purchase was Final Fantasy VII preorder and I’m almost glad that it’s done because without GCU and Elite I won’t feel obligated to buy some much anymore and actually play some of the games I already have.

My niche purchases, which I was going crazy with GCU have dropped to pretty much only ones I'd play on release like Yakuza PS4 collection (can't wait to play 3 non butchered!). It's alright for sure since my backlog is extreme.

#2043 scaryice   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   212 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:52 PM

My GCU is ending in a few days, rip. I'd like to pre-order Ghost of Tsushima, but it doesn't seem to available on the site any more... Strange.

#2044 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13436 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:51 PM

My GCU is ending in a few days, rip. I'd like to pre-order Ghost of Tsushima, but it doesn't seem to available on the site any more... Strange.

I honestly don't remember it ever being available to purchase at BB, but I could be wrong.

#2045 Sindur   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   383 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:11 PM

Ghost of Tsushima was available at bestbuy.com for just a few days after the CAG twitter mentioned it.

My order (from back when I had GCU), links to a product unavailable page for the game.

They'll bring it back when it gets closer, but it sucks for people w/GCU subs running out.

#2046 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4811 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:12 PM

Goodbye GCU. I tried ordering a game today and it wasn't applying. I thought mine ended Jan 27, but I found a screenshot where it says Jan 21 ;_;

My last few purchases were :switch: Katamari Damacy Reroll, Amiibo Dark Samus, and pre-orders for :switch: Rune Factory 4 Archival Edition, :switch: Animal Crossing (one for me, one for my nephew), and :ps4: Cyberpunk 2077.

Didn't receive a final 25% off coupon.

-Update-

Contacted BB support about not getting the farewell coupon, got this response:

The coupon offering 25% off is being sent to a random selection of members with an expired, or soon-to-be expired, GCU membership.  It is not being sent to every member that purchased a GCU membership, and this is not a coupon that we can provide or reissue upon request.

Why is this random and not being offered to everyone? *sigh*

#2047 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14232 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2020 - 02:30 PM

My GCU ends on 2/16.  I'm hoping to get my 25% coupon soon so I can preorder Animal Crossing.  

No GCU is definitely gonna cut down on game spending, which is probably a plus anyway.

#2048 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15677 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2020 - 06:09 PM

TBH unless it's something I absolutely need to play day one, when I lose GCU in May I have plenty from GPU to keep me busy and won't be buying games. It's funny because I'm still 100% against digital purchases, but this is a compromise I'm on-board with. I no longer feel the need to have a gaming collection anymore and I still get to play the games I want without having to buy them. :D/

#2049 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3504 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:24 PM

TBH unless it's something I absolutely need to play day one, when I lose GCU in May I have plenty from GPU to keep me busy and won't be buying games. It's funny because I'm still 100% against digital purchases, but this is a compromise I'm on-board with. I no longer feel the need to have a gaming collection anymore and I still get to play the games I want without having to buy them. :D/

I preordered a bunch of Day ones this year before mine ended and vowed to go through backlog which I am doing, but I did bite on Wreckfest last weekend on the MS sale, and I have to say it is a really fun game.

#2050 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1718 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:36 PM

Got 25% off coupon and used it on Doom deluxe edition (PC) bringing it down to $54 from $90. Sucks that I can't resubscribe. Just have to decide on cyberpunk (pc) before time runs out :-(

Thanks for the good times, Best buy

#2051 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13436 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2020 - 05:45 AM

Finally put the preorder down on the new Animal Crossing title before I forgot about it.  Hopefully more Nintendo titles get added to this promotion.

#2052 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3405 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 04 February 2020 - 08:30 AM

Finally put the preorder down on the new Animal Crossing title before I forgot about it.  Hopefully more Nintendo titles get added to this promotion.

If they had kept GCU around plus the $10 in rewards, I definitely would preorder more Nintendo titles, but now I'll have to wait until games hit $40 or less.

#2053 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7073 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 04 February 2020 - 03:35 PM

The launch edition of Persona 5 Royal now has a $10 egift card offer.

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6393362

#2054 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3786 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2020 - 04:27 PM

Question for people who had their GCU expire in the past year. If you preorder a game before your GCU expires did you still get double rewards points for the game if the game ships after your GCU expired?

My GCU expires in April and if I get double rewards I may place a bunch of preorders

if not I will only preorder a couple of games.

I have Doom Eternal, Animal Crossing and Cyberpunk ordered.

Thinking about also ordering

Last of Us 2

Elden Ring
Ministry of Broadcast
Bravely Default 2
Bayonetta 3
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition

#2055 spoonTRex   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   170 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

spoonTRex

Posted 04 February 2020 - 05:07 PM

Question for people who had their GCU expire in the past year. If you preorder a game before your GCU expires did you still get double rewards points for the game if the game shipped after your GCU expired?

My GCU expires in April and if I get double rewards I may place a bunch of preorders

if not I will only preorder a couple of games.

I have Doom Eternal, Animal Crossing and Cyberpunk ordered.

Thinking about also ordering

Last of Us 2

Elden Ring
Ministry of Broadcast
Bravely Default 2
Bayonetta 3
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition

The double points is for being a part of the Gamer's Club, so they'll continue after GCU ends, any way.

#2056 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6702 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2020 - 06:05 PM

The double points is for being a part of the Gamer's Club, so they'll continue after GCU ends, any way.

Not correct.  The day my GCU ended, every purchase that shipped after that went down to a single point per dollar with a small addition for being Elite Plus.  Double points were tied to GCU unfortunately which makes the loss of the program ever harder.

#2057 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3786 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2020 - 06:12 PM

Not correct.  The day my GCU ended, every purchase that shipped after that went down to a single point per dollar with a small addition for being Elite Plus.  Double points were tied to GCU unfortunately which makes the loss of the program ever harder.

Thank you for answering this question for me.
Will have to think about what games I'm going to preorder now and wait to see if I get that 25% off coupon.

#2058 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5822 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2020 - 06:40 PM

Thank you for answering this question for me.
Will have to think about what games I'm going to preorder now and wait to see if I get that 25% off coupon.

My GCU expires on Feb. 8. I got the 25% off coupon Feb. 3. Just to give you a time frame on when I received mine.

#2059 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   7023 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2020 - 06:48 PM

Yeah, mine expired yesterday and I got the coupon late last week.

Went out with a bang, though. $15 reward certificate used on Doom Slayers Collection, bringing it down to $1. Pre-ordered Doom Eternal Deluxe Edition for 20% off with GCU, 25% off coupon, and will use the $10 rebate and get a $10 cert.

#2060 mnharuhi  

mnharuhi

Posted 04 February 2020 - 08:20 PM

My GCU expires on Feb. 8. I got the 25% off coupon Feb. 3. Just to give you a time frame on when I received mine.

I'm noticing a patern, lol. My GCU expires Feb 9th, got my 25% off coupon today. Going to order some switch games but save the coupon and hope for a chance to use it on Zelda 2's (hopefully) collector's edition. My coupon is good until August, which is really nice

#2061 illatwill  

illatwill

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:09 PM

Yup, my GCU ends Feb 7th but got my 25% off coupon on Sunday.

Having trouble choosing what games I'm going to pre-order and what game to use the coupon code on tonight since I read sometimes GCU ends earlier than the expiration date. 

Also are we sure that our 25% off coupon will last until August? (08/04/2020 for me)

#2062 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   7023 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 February 2020 - 12:35 AM

Mine said some time in late July.

#2063 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1030 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 05 February 2020 - 12:52 AM

I can’t believe this only applies to the standard edition and not the royal edition.

#2064 dennisb407   Brickseek DN Banned   6245 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 February 2020 - 04:05 AM

Yup, my GCU ends Feb 7th but got my 25% off coupon on Sunday.

Having trouble choosing what games I'm going to pre-order and what game to use the coupon code on tonight since I read sometimes GCU ends earlier than the expiration date. 

Also are we sure that our 25% off coupon will last until August? (08/04/2020 for me)

I got my coupon back in late November, seeing this thread I decided to look at email and coupon again, cause I could've sworn it said it expires in March 2020.  I click on get coupon and I get a dead/expired link

#2065 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14232 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 February 2020 - 02:57 PM

People have mentioned the link itself expires to the coupon, much earlier than the expiration date.  I don't have one yet to try, but, definitely cache the page/screenshot/print the page and coupon out when you view it the first time.

#2066 ChiefBrody1027   40th Anniversary CAG CAGiversary!   1379 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

ChiefBrody1027

Posted 05 February 2020 - 10:17 PM

People have mentioned the link itself expires to the coupon, much earlier than the expiration date. I don't have one yet to try, but, definitely cache the page/screenshot/print the page and coupon out when you view it the first time.

Good advice right there. As soon as you open it, screenshot it. You'll regret it later for sure.

#2067 dennisb407   Brickseek DN Banned   6245 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2020 - 02:37 AM

People have mentioned the link itself expires to the coupon, much earlier than the expiration date.  I don't have one yet to try, but, definitely cache the page/screenshot/print the page and coupon out when you view it the first time.

I'll try and call BBY toll free tomorrow to see what they can do for me. My GCU died 12/4

#2068 BeyondKnight   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   527 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

BeyondKnight

Posted 07 February 2020 - 03:20 PM

My GCU expired Mid-November and got my coupon the week after, I did manage to preorder alot of games before my gcu expired and did not use my coupon yet

#2069 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3223 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2020 - 07:30 PM

Nice. Hoping amazon "matches" and adds a $10 promo to P5R and FFVIIR

#2070 Zan-Datsu   CAG Grandmaster CAGiversary!   1264 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2020 - 12:13 AM

Hey guys, quick question. Does anyone know if BB still slap those red stickers right onto the games? Reason I ask is because I've been debating whether or not to switch them from "Pick Up" to "Ship" instead for two Collector Editions that I planned on keeping sealed.